|2012 Filmed in Thompson Region!|
Monday, December 14th, 2009
|About the film - Synopsis taken from 2012 Official Movie Site (link at bottom of page)
"Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. "2012" is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors."
As some of you may already know, many parts of this movie were filmed in the Thompson Region. Below you can see which parts of the movie were actually filmed around Kamloops / Ashcroft area.
Notes from Victoria Weller from the Thompson-Nicola Film Commission. Vicci played a big part in the successful luring of this production as well as facilitating many of their needs. Thanks Vicci!!
- Lac Du Bois Rd (Batchelor Heights to McQueen Lake before the trees) played for Yellowstone Park when John Cusack is driving his children through the park (Kamloops)
- Campsite where John & kids camp and John first meets Woody Harrelson - Campbell Hill area between Cache Creek landfill and McLean Lake (Cache Creek)
- Where John Cusack drives RV and is pummelled by falling volcanic rock = Haywood-Farmer Rd off Tunkwa Lake Rd - opposite the Terasen station there (Savona)
- The dry lake bed John and kids walk past as a dried up lake is a large open area that is situated between Haywood-Farmer Rd and Guichon Creek Rd (Savona)
- Tibetan village for evacuation with welder-son - a built set situated back of hills, opposite Perry Ranch on Hwy #1 - (Ashcroft/Cache Creek area)
- Tibetan/Chinese village where monk-son talks to elderly parents is a separate set by nearby Tibetan village - opposite Perry Ranch (Ashcroft/Cache Creek area)
- Woody Harrelson on top of the hill - knobby hill overlooking Tranquille Creek - (a pullout off Red Lake Rd) (Kamloops)
- Military Research Station is beside the Ashcroft/Cache Creek Campbell Hill airstrip
- Airstrip in Yellowstone Park is Ashcroft/Cache Creek Campbell Hill airstrip
- Monk running up along a desert hill - Ashcroft hills
Our region is highlighted throughout the film which is a coup and we look marvellous!