Saving lives through partnership, innovation and leadership.
STARS’ Mission Statement:
STARS is dedicated to providing a safe, rapid, highly specialized emergency medical transport system for the critically ill and injured.
In fulfilling this mission, we will:
- Be an innovative leader in the provision of excellence in pre-hospital mobile emergency medical care through service, communications, education, training, research and consultation to the communities we serve.
- Value and be responsive to the needs of individuals, communities, and emergency care providers and services.
- Expand knowledge and skills through innovative product design, research, simulation technology and ongoing professional development within the Chain of Survival.
- Optimize the development and responsible management of resources required to support the mission.
The Four Pillars of STARS:
STARS’ Vision and Mission are supported by four pillars of activity -
Each pillar of the STARS program aims to enhance patient care. From supporting and implementing technology that helps locate the patient faster to educating and training our partners in the Chain of Survival, it is STARS’ goal to help put more time on the patient’s side.
STARS is a non-profit, charitable organization. Approximately 75 per cent of our funding needs are met through significant private donations from individuals, services clubs and the business community in addition to 25 per cent of operational funding through a collaborative agreement with Alberta Health Services.
How we define our values:
- The way we do our business
- Principles that guide our daily behaviours
- What we believe in
- How we will act at work
- They permeate everything we do
- They drive our decisions
- We react strongly when they are violated
- The last thing we will give up
- Saving lives safely
- Honesty, integrity and accountability
- Excellence and professionalism in all we do
- Community, family, partnerships
- Respect & support for each other
- Wellness and balance
- Continuous learning