Download the file
Map Layers management
CoordinatesLambert Conformal Conic
: all earthquakes (except false).
: "strong" eartquakes following the definiton given in the CFTI3 catalogue (Intensity > 8).
: earthquakes unknown to the CPTI04 reference catalogue.
: earthquakes that were not listed in the CFTI3 catalogue (or that underwent significant revision since its publication).
: "false" earthquakes (earthquakes that never occurred).
by individual locality
Enter the full name of a locality or part of it
The search is case-insensitive.
: a search for "bolo" returns Bologna, Bolognola, Sala Bolognese and Sorbolo.
The application is loading.
- Catalogo forti terremoti
- Catalogo forti terremoti in italia
- Catalogo terremoti
- Guidoboni E., G. Ferrari, D.Mariotti, A.Comastri, G.Tarabusi and G.Valensise 2007 - CFTI4Med, Catalogue of Strong Earthquakes in Italy (461 B.C.-1997) and Mediterranean Area (760 B.C.-1500). INGV-SGA. Available from http://storing.ingv.it/cfti4med/
- Catalogue of Strong Earthquakes in Italy and Mediterranean Area
- Project layout: Emanuela Guidoboni, Graziano Ferrari, Gianluca Valensise
- Coordination of historical investigations and elaborations: Emanuela Guidoboni
- Main collaborators:
- - for the Antiquity and the Middle Ages: Alberto Comastri, Cecilia Ciuccarelli and Marco Pistoresi
- - for the Modern and Contemporary era: Dante Mariotti, Martino Ferrarese, Roberto Benedetti and Maria Luisa De Simone
- Logic structure of basic data and elaborations: Graziano Ferrari and Emanuela Guidoboni
- Investigations of historical toponymy: Dante Mariotti and Gabriele Tarabusi
- Interpretation of damage data and intensity assessment: Dante Mariotti, Graziano Ferrari, Alberto Comastri and Emanuela Guidoboni
- Geo-referencing: Dante Mariotti, Gabriele Tarabusi and Maria Giovanna Bianchi
- Earthquake parameterization: Graziano Ferrari and Gabriele Tarabusi
- How to cite the Catalogue: Guidoboni E., G. Ferrari, D.Mariotti, A.Comastri, G.Tarabusi and G.Valensise 2007 - CFTI4Med, Catalogue of Strong Earthquakes in Italy (461 B.C.-1997) and Mediterranean Area (760 B.C.-1500). INGV-SGA. Available from http://storing.ingv.it/cfti4med/.
- This website has been designed and developed by SGA Storia Geofisica Ambiente Srl:
- Web Project Manager: Graziano Ferrari
- Preparation of main data tables: Gabriele Tarabusi
- Database structure and management: Gabriele Tonelli
- GIS engineering: Gabriele Tonelli
- Web interface development: Gabriele Tonelli
- Earthquake Info module: Edoardo Dusi
- Google Earth module: Gabriele Tarabusi
- Flash Charts module: Stefano Fabbri
ka-Map is developed and maintained by the following folks:
- Paul Spencer
- Zak James
- Jason Fournier
- Fred Warnock
- Andrea Cappugi
- Lorenzo Becchi
Special thanks to the following folks ...
- Tim Schaub, for his Scalebar implementation included under the LGPL license.
- Piergiorgio Navone, for contributing his dynamic overlay code
- Tyler Mitchel, for testing, feedback and advocacy
- Aleks Herzog, for her nice icons
- Sabali Meschi, for usability analysis and tests