Concealed Object Detection
SNC's Remote Frisk™ system technology detects objects concealed on a person at a distance of 40 feet or more. The Remote Frisk operates out of a van or truck, covertly screening a crowd at a sports event. It can also be installed indoors to screen passengers in a terminal, at the entrance to a building, a shopping center, an office complex or visitors to a facility.
SNC’s Remote Frisk technology combines the best of active and passive detection approaches, eliminating the speckle problem and allowing very low MMW radiating power to be used.
- Indoor and outdoor operation
- Images the entire volume from ~1m to the end of the specified range without refocusing
- 1cm lateral and 3mm longitudinal resolution through entire volume
- 3-D imaging of nonmetal objects (explosives, illegal substances) hidden on the body
- Does not depend on temperature contrast
- Operates covertly -- can be hidden behind interior features or concealed in a vehicle
- Provides automatic warning
- Requires minimal training
- No full body image display – only characteristics of suspected hidden objects are shown
3-D MMW radar baseline contour plot of a mannequin and 3-D radar image of wooden disk (non-metal concealed object).
For more information about CNS/ATM products & services please contact:
Communication, Navigation, Surveillance /
Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM)
444 Salomon Circle
Sparks, NV 89434
Email: Contact CNS/ATM