Time For Intersex Awareness Day: Ideas for Action!
Below are some of the ideas for action/event on or around Intersex Awareness Day. These are just suggestions--feel free to create your own local Intersex Awareness Day and make it as fabulous as your
imagination can handle! Just make sure to let us know.
- Film Screening & Discussion
- See list from ISNA ("Mani's Story" is particularly recommended!)
- Intersex Initiative's Speaker's Bureau (Northwest/Northern Cal)
- Bodies Like Ours' Speaker's Bureau (Northeast/New England)
- Public Forum
- Performance by local bands & artists
- Art Show
- Do we need a symbol color? Ribbons?
- Have your mayor officially declare October 26 to be Intersex Awareness Day!
- Sample letter to the mayor to be posted soon
- ...in front of hospital
- ...at medical school
- ...at the brand-new John Money Wing at Eastern Southland Gallery in New Zealand
- Download PDF files from Intersex Initiative
- Non-Violent Direct Action (Please don't break laws--and if you do, don't tell us about it, okay?)
- Street Theatre
| Get Involved
| Suggested Activities