About Harry Bertram
Harry Bertram Announces His Candidacy
Having served his country in the U.S. Army and his community as an expert locomotive engineer, 51-year-old Harry V. Bertram’s selflessness makes him the perfect candidate to serve as your Governor. Mr. Bertram knows well his community, its family values, and the West Virginia way of life, having been drawn to the beauty of the county, where he and his wife remain, over 20 years ago. Since early adolescence, eager to involve himself in the shaping of his community, Mr. Bertram has been highly engaged in politics, and, throughout the course of his life, he’s contested many seats with great success. His love of the locomotive and his sense of belonging to the community led him to proudly join the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers Union Local 370.
If you want a candidate who truly cares about the people of West Virginia, vote Harry Bertram for Governor.
Harry Bertram’s platform:
- Supports the Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms.
- Private schools and home schooling and affirms the control of public schools by local communities.
- We should establish the family unit as the norm for society and support Pro-Family values.
- Affirmative action, quotas, and sex-based preferences must be done away with and replaced by selection based on ability and performance.
- Give West Virginians freedom of choice in all matters concerning health and medical treatment.
- I am anti-abortion with the exception of rape or incest or when the life of the mother is in question.
- We want to do away with tax on food.
- Increasing natural gas drilling which creates jobs and industry while ensuring our environment is not damaged.
- Illegal immigration is becoming an issue in West Virginia. Businesses and construction companies who hire undocumented workers should be fined and their business licenses be revoked.
- West Virginia needs to be more business friendly and have fewer taxes so we can employ more people and increase cash flow in the state.
- West Virginia should support working with the coal industry and using clean coal technology. We must cease our dependence on foreign oil.
- As Governor, I will have the state auditor audit the entire budget of West Virginia University for waste and redundancy in order to improve efficiency.