I’ve been hard at work on the new Sushi Cat 2 with Jimp for a few weeks now and I wanted to show off some awesome fan art and random things I’ve come across related to Sushi Cat.
Awesome Fan Site: http://sushicatfansite.webs.com/
Plate was brought in by James. It’s sitting at my desk right now. It’s not really related to Sushi Cat, it was just agreed that it looks similar.
Around the web, there seems to be a few facebook pages dedicated to Sushi Cat. The most active one I can be found here.
It’s really fascinating how popular this game became. When I first started making the game it had nothing to do with sushi or cats. It was just an attempt to do some blob physics and make a game out of it. When I sent over a demo to Jimp, he sent me over some ideas of what that game could be about. This was in the email he sent me.
- FatCats – These cool cats run a jazz club which is becoming infested with mice. eat them all up!
- SushiCats – make the kawii cats eat up all the sushi! nom nom
- Pisshead Pirates – Pirates love their grog. Explore each of the 5 islands to drink all the grog and find the treasure!
- YumBees – Fatten your bee up by collecting all the nectar, then pollenate the flowers at the bottom of the screen!
- FatOwls – Collect all the grubs and feed your babies below!
- IceCreams – Collect balls of ice cream to make a big scoop and then get them on the cones at the bottom!
I read them all to John and Larry in the office, and the clear winner was Sushi Cat. From there we just came up with the rest out of a fascination with Japanese and Asian culture.
Sushi Cat 2 should be out at the beginning of next year, so keep an eye out for it.