Rubbing alcohol is one of the most versatile substances we can use for cleaning stains, disinfecting surfaces, and remove stubborn odors from surfaces and from the air in our homes and cars. There are also many handy ways we can use rubbing alcohol to care for our home electronics including our television screens, computer monitor screens, stereo equipment, and computer peripherals. Here are some handy ways to use alcohol to care for your home electronics.
After hours of continuous play of video cassette tapes and audio cassette tapes, the playback heads on the tape decks of VCRs and tape players become stained with magnetic tape dust particles. This leads to poor picture and sound reproduction in our VCRs and cassette tape players. You don't need to buy expensive head cleansers to clean the playback heads on your VCR or tape player. Simply dab a little rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip and clean the rolling heads of your tape players. Leave the tape deck doors open for about ten minutes so that the alcohol can clean and evaporate. Let the alcohol evaporate and then enjoy the playback of your Video cassettes and cassette tapes.
Over time the screens on your computer monitor and television can become caked with dust. This can lead to the picture becoming foggy, blurry, and generally difficult to view and enjoy. You don't need to buy expensive cleaners and wipes to restore brilliant picture quality on your computer monitor or television screen. Mix together a solution of one part vinegar and two parts rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. Spray a thin coating on the screen. Let the coating of spray set on the screen for one to three minutes and wipe a way with soft cloth or a piece of Kleenex or toilet tissue.
Published by Charlie Bradley
Charlie Bradley is 28 year old college student . A recent recipient of the People's Media Top 1000 CPs of 2007, he has made the ascent from beginning writer to syndicated web writer in less than two years. View profile
- Considerations to Make Before Working from Home If you are tired of going to work every day and feel that your family concerns should be receiving more of your time, then maybe you have considered working from home. Before y...
- Home Schooling Advice for Success Thousands of children are now being schooled at home and many have become impressive scholars.
- Memorex Colors AM/FM CD Boombox with Cassette Recorder: Electronics Product Review This is an electronics product review of the Memorex colors boombox. This boombox has everything!
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation in Cleveland, OH Substance abuse is treatable. Determine whether the alcohol or drugs are a problem for you or someone you care about. Find an outline of treatment options and programs. Resources for recovery in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
- Three Must-Have Tools for Quick and Easy Household Cleaning Do you want to simplify your house cleaning routine? Do you need quick fixes for when guests are on their way? Then these three items are for you!
- How to Clean an LCD Screen
- 10 Uses for Rubbing Alcohol
- Guide to Malaysia
- Unassisted Pregnancy: Designing a Prenatal Self-Care Routine
- Alcohol Abuse Rehab
- Electronics Bundle Review: HP Digital Camera + Photo Printer
- How to Save Money on Cat Care