The Psalmist writes, “Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart” (Psalm 119:34).
We believe that it is essential to strive to keep the law of the Lord with our whole hearts. We believe the teachings of the
New Church provide the understanding to make that possible.
We make no claim to be the only ones who are saved. “The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon
Him in truth” (Psalm 145:18). We only wish to share what has helped us. This site is our effort to accomplish that goal.
We invite you to explore it freely, whether you decide to come to a worship service or not.
When Philip told Nathanael about the Lord, Nathanael doubted. “Philip saith unto him, Come and see” (John 1:46). In the
same spirit we say to you, “Come and see.”
Summary of Teachings
We want to let the teachings speak for themselves. Our summary of the teachings of the New Church is composed
entirely of quotations from the Old and New Testaments and the Doctrines of the New Church.
- God - “There is one God, in whom is a Divine trinity, and the Lord God the Savior Jesus Christ is that One.”
(True Christian Religion §3)
- The Word - “The Holy Scripture or the Word is Divine Truth itself.”
(The Doctrine of the Sacred Scripture §1)
- The Life of Religion - “All religion is of life and the life of religion is to do that which is good.”
(The Doctrine of Life §1)
- Eternal Life - “Every man is created that he may live for ever.”
(Divine Providence §324)
- Marriage - “When married partners on earth love each other tenderly, they think of eternity in regard to the
marriage covenant, and not at all of its being terminated by death.”
(Conjugial Love §216)
- The Second Coming - “The Second Coming of the Lord is not a coming in person, but in the Word, which is
from Him and is Himself.”
(True Christian Religion §776)