In the data from some of the nights using the Zeo headband I noticed the impedance increasing over the course of the night from around 160 to just under 500. I put this down to perspiration and oils.
As my REM seems to be broken as the night goes on, I wondered if there was a connection, so set about trying other electrodes with a view to bringing down the impedance and raising the average SQI.
I'm trying a couple of different types of ECG electrodes with the same "press-stud" fitting as the Zeo headband.
Okay, so it's not cosmetically great and certainly not as slick or convenient as the original dry-sensor headband, but I thought this was a good way to try to eliminate any possible sensor contact issues as the cause of recorded awakenings.
I've done a quick test and Zeoman flashes up quickly on the bedside unit and the live data detects me as being awake, so tonight will be the first whole night. I'll post the results up when I have a few nights of data.
As far as comfort is concerned, there isn't really a problem with the electrodes as long as you don't get them stuck to your eyebrows!
If the results are any good I'll try to get some smaller electrodes and have another go.