Big Country 101 is excited to announce a fun and exciting change! Effective Saturday, January 14th, Big Country 101, WIQO will move our location on the dial to 103.5FM! We will also be airing Big Country 101's programming on our sister-station, WKEY 1340AM! All of the great music and fun you've come to know and love will still be here, just on a different channel on your radio. 2012 NASCAR coverage, UVA Athletics, ABC News and all of the DJs, including Highway 64 with Big Al...it's all still here, just on a different frequency!
There will; however, be a few changes...mostly just to the Sunday morning line-up. Below, will be the new line-up on Sunday mornings, starting THIS SUNDAY!
- 7am - 8am --- The Old Gospel Ship w/ Billy Douglas
- 8am - 8:30am --- Voice of the Lord w/ Billy Douglas
- 8:30am - 9am --- Pastor Will Bowen (Church of New Beginnings)
- 9am - 9:25am --- In Touch w/ Charles Stanley
- 9:25am - 9:30am --- Anglican Voice of the Mountains w/ Thomas McHenry (St. Stephens Church)
- 9:30am - 9:45am --- At The Cross w/ Jim Duncan (Trinity Baptist Church)
- 9:45am - 10am --- Gospel Music
- 10am - 11am --- Focus on the Family, sponsored by Living Stones Ministries
- 11am - 12pm --- Live Church Service
Also, we are going to revamp our Lifelines program. Instead of taking time to spotlight items like celebrity birthdays, "On This Day In History" and weird holidays, we are going to use this time to spotlight local events and public service announcements. Our goal is to make the program 100% filled with local information. We'll still have local birthdays and anniversaries along with the same prizes we've given away, but now with more local content and information than ever before! The new "Lifelines" program starts Monday, January 16th and will air at 7:40am and 11:40am. We've taken the 9:40 program and moved it to 11:40, on Big Country 101 on 103.5FM!
The Tim White Bluegrass Show
The Tim White Bluegrass Show takes over Sunday nights on Big Country 101! Join former Roanoke-native Tim White every Sunday night from 7 to 9pm for two solid hours of bluegrass music and fun on Big Country 101!