Managing Director of Prantik Travels and Tourism Ltd Ghulam Mustafa has been elected president of Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies (BAIRA) for a two-year term (2008-2010).
The election of the office bearers of BAIRA executive committee was held in its conference room in the city Monday.
Proprietor of Kazi Air International Kazi Mohd Mofizur Rahman was elected secretary general. Other elected office bearers are Mohammed Shamsuzzaman as senior vice president, Sk A Abdul Jalil as vice president-1, Morshed Sanaullah Kayani as vice president-2, Mohd Nurul Amin as joint secretary general-1, Md Abu Zafar as joint secretary general-2, Shameem Ahmed Chowdhury Noman as Joint Secretary General-3, Shahadat Hossain as Treasurer, Sayed Golam Sarwar as Public Relation Secretary, Md. Ruhul Amin Swapan as Cultural Secretary. Members elected to the executed committee are Mohd Mosharraf Hossain, Syed M Saiful Huq (Mintoo), Mohd Furkan Uddin, Shah Abdul Basir, Mizanur Rahman Bhuiyan, Golam Maula, Akbar Hussain Monju, Tariqul Islam, Mohd Mukhlesur Rahman, Md Shamsul Hoque, MS Alam, Muzammel Hoque Bhuiyan, Golam Mainuddin (Munir), Md Golam Nabi, Mohammed Jalal Uddin, and KM Sultanul Aziz.
- List of 49 businessmen finalised for CIP status
- Opex chairman honoured with US award
- Asia avoids most credit woes
- Setting up of non-profit Al Sabeel Grameen Hospital soon
- Saudi company to set up jt venture fish processing industry
- Call rate, dollar stable
- SIBL holds workshop on anti-money laundering
- Compensation package lifts falling DSE (2648)
- Power crisis: quick fixes won't work (2475)
- Affected investors to get 50pc margin loan interest waiver (1504)
- BD expects major Indian investment in power sector (1244)
- Taker of the picture worth more than a thousand words dies (1234)
- Economy to attain 7pc growth this yr: Muhith (957)
- India can use Ctg, Mongla ports for transit : PMO meeting told (872)
- Three FCBs manage $200m hard-term loan for BPC (745)
- 22 merchant banks to raise paid-up capital (722)
- No US bases in BD : Mozena (671)
- Rising prices of pharmaceutical products (650)
- Slight fall in inward remittances in Feb (629)