With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Media | Chat | Digital Starlight | File Island | Card Terminal | Almanac | Digipedia
logo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length News:
Cat: What, am I the only sane one here? Why don't we drop the defensive shields?
Kryten: A superlative suggestion, sir, with just two minor flaws. One: we don't have any defensive shields. And two: we don't have any defensive shields. Now I realise that, technically speaking, that's only one flaw; but I thought it was such a big one, it was worth mentioning twice.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Print 
Author Topic: Jeff Nimoy- Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers  (Read 25109 times)  
Jeff Nimoy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2006, 11:36:05 AM »

Are you ever gonna work on the Naruto movie?

I doubt it, but you never know.  I'm pretty sure I'm done with Naruto, although I've been offered a day here or there to fill in on the directing when the other directors have a conflict.  So if they ask me to be a part of the movie team, I would be happy to write or direct, or whatever they wanted me to do.  But if not, there are plenty of talented people working on the show right now that would do a great job.
Ninetalesuk

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2006, 07:13:04 PM »

Hello, Jeff. Another UK fan here.

When Digmon first appeared, he always said... Digmon, the Drill of Power. During the final Digimon Emperor episode, he changed it to Digmon, the Drill of Knowledge. Any reason why he called it Power in the first place. I do admit I laughed at that quick line Digmon added after announcing his new Tagline.

And if Savers do get dubbed by you, good luck with all the major edits with the punch-ups, nutity and... large... erm.... seen what anime Rosemon is like?  :-[
Jeff Nimoy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »

Hello, Jeff. Another UK fan here.

When Digmon first appeared, he always said... Digmon, the Drill of Power. During the final Digimon Emperor episode, he changed it to Digmon, the Drill of Knowledge. Any reason why he called it Power in the first place. I do admit I laughed at that quick line Digmon added after announcing his new Tagline.

And if Savers do get dubbed by you, good luck with all the major edits with the punch-ups, nutity and... large... erm.... seen what anime Rosemon is like?  :-[

Sorry, I don't remember much about Digmon except that he was played by the same actor who played Agumon, my good buddy Tom Fahn.
godofchaos
Administrator

REAGANOMICS!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2006, 01:05:20 AM »

Yeah I know Savers questions should largely be a no no...especially from me since i know better, but I gotta ask

Agumon being a main character in Savers, but a very different type of character then Fahns Agumon from 01/02, do you think you would cast Fahn simply to have the same voice? Or do you think you would check about the character and go with someone else?

Anytime i think about potential dub voices i keep thinking Fahn would somehow be wrong for Savers Agumon....but i really like Fahn's Agumon and wanna hear him be it in Savers.
 (this is all theoretically, regardless of if you end up working on Savers or not)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 01:06:54 AM by godofchaos » Logged

Help GOC out, scroll to the bottom of WtW, click the Paypal button and please donate if you can.  Helps pay for better server and stuff for WtW
Vande
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2006, 01:08:45 AM »

If you could change 1 Digimon Character in Adventure 01 (whether it be the name, their persona or an entirely new person all together) who would you change and why?

Jeff Nimoy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2006, 01:13:59 AM »

Agumon being a main character in Savers, but a very different type of character then Fahns Agumon from 01/02, do you think you would cast Fahn simply to have the same voice? Or do you think you would check about the character and go with someone else?

I would have to check out the character first.
Jeff Nimoy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2006, 01:17:19 AM »

If you could change 1 Digimon Character in Adventure 01 (whether it be the name, their persona or an entirely new person all together) who would you change and why?

I would make Matt less of an indecisive guy.  That one episode when he's in the cave freaking out for the whole half hour.  Gag me.  I was searching for things to say.  I think that's where Bob's infamous line for Gabumon came up.  "Gabumon, can I confess something to you?"  "You're not a real blonde?"  The actors read that one and realized there were new writers in town.
veemon-tamer

I tame V-mons 4 a living

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2006, 05:52:53 AM »

Hello mr. Nimoy i have a question. I notice that in the naruto anime they got to keep the original japanese music intact. basicly the only thing that changed was the language. I dont really like naruto but i do admire it for staying pretty true to the original other than "Believe it 24/7" but it's all good.
Now, IF you were to actually work on savers would you consiter keeping the original music from the japanese version? And just a thought since you seem to be pretty talented with your writing you could even try to write an english version to Gou'ing!Going!My Soul!!(saver 1st opening). That would be pretty neat and would be challenging on your part.
Actually my main question is since you like writing have you ever tryed writing songs before? if not would you try for future releases (not just digimon)? just asking because i was told if you have a talent you should explore ALL aspects of it. my grandma always tells me to draw other things besides digimon Undecided
[just a question even if you end up working on Savers or not]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 06:08:00 AM by veemon-tamer » Logged

Vande
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2006, 06:06:56 AM »

love the lack of subtlety of some members :p

Have you heard any of the Japanese Digimon songs? If so which is your fave?

Ninetalesuk

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2006, 06:40:51 AM »

I don't know if I should ask this question because it's difficult. Why?

Jeff, how did you took the news when Bob Papenbrook sadly passed way in March...? It was a shame to hear him go...
Jeff Nimoy

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2006, 11:17:42 AM »

Hello mr. Nimoy i have a question. I notice that in the naruto anime they got to keep the original japanese music intact. basicly the only thing that changed was the language. I dont really like naruto but i do admire it for staying pretty true to the original other than "Believe it 24/7" but it's all good.
Now, IF you were to actually work on savers would you consiter keeping the original music from the japanese version? And just a thought since you seem to be pretty talented with your writing you could even try to write an english version to Gou'ing!Going!My Soul!!(saver 1st opening). That would be pretty neat and would be challenging on your part.
Actually my main question is since you like writing have you ever tryed writing songs before? if not would you try for future releases (not just digimon)? just asking because i was told if you have a talent you should explore ALL aspects of it. my grandma always tells me to draw other things besides digimon Undecided
[just a question even if you end up working on Savers or not]

Music is all worked out legally before a series is sold to an American company for dubbing.  Many times the production company has to keep the original music for licensing reasons, and sometimes, they want to change the music.  It's not up to me.  That's all a producer's job, and I wouldn't be in that position for this series if it were to happen.

I've written some comedy songs like "Digi-Kitty" for shows I've worked on, but I'm not much of a music writer.
Jeff Nimoy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2006, 11:22:04 AM »

love the lack of subtlety of some members :p

Have you heard any of the Japanese Digimon songs? If so which is your fave?

No, sorry, I haven't heard them.
Jeff Nimoy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2006, 11:23:37 AM »

I don't know if I should ask this question because it's difficult. Why?

Jeff, how did you took the news when Bob Papenbrook sadly passed way in March...? It was a shame to hear him go...

Pappy is missed by everyone in the voice over community.  We were all shocked to hear the news.
godofchaos
Administrator

REAGANOMICS!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2006, 12:00:38 PM »

got my 02 box today and the boxart is all new

http://www.db-destiny.net/dvdbox-front.jpg

i was just curious what you thought of the new art, since you saw an awful lot of those characters

Help GOC out, scroll to the bottom of WtW, click the Paypal button and please donate if you can.  Helps pay for better server and stuff for WtW
Jeff Nimoy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2006, 01:57:40 PM »

got my 02 box today and the boxart is all new

http://www.db-destiny.net/dvdbox-front.jpg

i was just curious what you thought of the new art, since you saw an awful lot of those characters

Looks the same to me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Print 

Jump to: