Read more in section
Ukraine Ukraine Thrives As Cybercrime Haven Yesterday at 22:20
Ukraine Putin likely to keep pressure on Ukraine Yesterday at 21:13
Ukraine An end to tobacco ads? Yesterday at 21:07
Ukraine Belaruskie Produkty stores revive taste of Soviet food Yesterday at 21:05
Ukraine OSCE Parliamentary Assembly may hear Ukrainian question at its annual session Yesterday at 16:47
Ukraine On Women’s Day, struggle for equality remains Yesterday at 14:13
Ukraine Lytvyn supports creation of working group on nuclear energy and security Yesterday at 13:38
Ukraine Yanukovych congratulates Ukrainian women on March 8 Yesterday at 11:39
Eight Ukrainians make Forbes magazine's list of world billionairesYesterday at 09:37 | Brian Bonner
Rinat Akhmetov ranked 39th, the highest of any Ukrainian, with a net worth of $16 billion mainly from his steel and coal mine assets. The 45-year-old’s conglomerate, Systems Capital Management, is also highly diversified with assets in real estate and media.
Far down the list, in this order, were:
· Victor Pinchuk, 51, the steel magnate, in 255th place with $4.2 billion;
· Ihor Kolomoyskyy, 49, the banker and investor, in 377th place with $3 billion;
· Henadiy Boholyubov, 50, the banker and investor, at 418th place with $2.8 billion;
· Kostyantin Zhevago, 38, the banker and mine owner, at 719th place with $1.8 billion;
· Yuriy Kosiuk, 43, agriculture, at 960th place, with $1.3 billion;
· Petro Poroshenko, 46, the confectionery, at 1153rd place, with $1 billion; and
· Andrey Verevsky, 37, agriculture, at 1153rd place, with $1 billion.
Here is the link to the Forbes list.