With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Media | Chat | Digital Starlight | File Island | Card Terminal | Almanac | Digipedia

Author Topic: Jeff Nimoy- Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers  (Read 25205 times)

Jeff Nimoy

Re: Information and Post Your Questions
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2006, 10:11:06 PM »
I just thought of a question thats always kinda been in the back of my head.

Davis saying strip poker, who came up with that and how in gods name did you get it past the Fox Kids censors?

You have to remember I wrote parts of almost 100 scripts plus a couple of feature length movies, so my memory isn't able to recall exactly what you're talking about.  I sort of remember the scene, and the line, but I don't remember who wrote it (although it sounds like me). There were rare times when we fought with the censors, and got our jokes through, but most times we didn't fight that hard because it was easier to just rewrite it.  I don't remember a battle over that one.  Maybe if you remind me of the context of the line, I could recall if there was a story behind it, but I don't think there is, sorry.

godofchaos

• Administrator
  • REAGANOMICS!
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2006, 10:12:54 PM »
It was at Ken's X-mas party, they are figuring out what game to play and Davis goes 'strip pok' (gets cut off by someone else talking right there).
Help GOC out, scroll to the bottom of WtW, click the Paypal button and please donate if you can.  Helps pay for better server and stuff for WtW

Jeff Nimoy

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2006, 11:05:29 PM »
I do remember now.  The censor let us get away with it, because he got cut off.

Vande

• I'm not plotting anything...
  • Administrator
  • ...i already did it.
    • Digital Starlight
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2006, 01:03:08 AM »
Who was your fave overall Digimon villian? *huggles vamdemon plushie*

Stuart444

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2006, 04:57:46 AM »
I have a question which has been in my mind for any dubber or even the original japanese guys who did this stuff.

What do you personally think of Fansubs of anime such as Digimon?

hope you don't mind answering ^_^ and much respect <3 for answering everything up til now ^-^
A wise man once said to me, "life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid" - Duthos

Jeff Nimoy

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2006, 07:40:14 AM »
Who was your fave overall Digimon villian? *huggles vamdemon plushie*

I think Etamon, played hysterically by Richard Epcar.

Jeff Nimoy

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2006, 07:42:47 AM »
I have a question which has been in my mind for any dubber or even the original japanese guys who did this stuff.

hope you don't mind answering ^_^ and much respect <3 for answering everything up til now ^-^

I don't really watch the fansubs.  I'm usually too busy.  In fact, at some point I'll be too busy to answer these questions, but for now, I have a little time to do it.  As far as the idea of fan subs go, I think it's all good, no matter how you want to express yourself as a fan.

Stuart444

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 08:08:19 AM »

I don't really watch the fansubs.  I'm usually too busy.  In fact, at some point I'll be too busy to answer these questions, but for now, I have a little time to do it.  As far as the idea of fan subs go, I think it's all good, no matter how you want to express yourself as a fan.

Oh, thanks for the answer, I apperciate it ^_^

oh well, thats PROBABLY all the questions I would have, take care and have a good christmas Jeff ^^
A wise man once said to me, "life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid" - Duthos

ivysaur12

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2006, 02:26:40 PM »
Were you a fan of the Sora and Matt pairing?

Were there any characters in Adventure that you wished has more airtime, or more development? Personally, I wasn't really that big of a fan of the fact that Palmon, Togemon, and Lilymon were underused and that Lilymon's entrance was particuarly unimpressive (I'm just stating a general dissapointment, nothing against the dub. I love dub Mimi and Palmon).

Jeff Nimoy

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2006, 02:45:01 PM »
Were you a fan of the Sora and Matt pairing?

Were there any characters in Adventure that you wished has more airtime, or more development? Personally, I wasn't really that big of a fan of the fact that Palmon, Togemon, and Lilymon were underused and that Lilymon's entrance was particuarly unimpressive (I'm just stating a general dissapointment, nothing against the dub. I love dub Mimi and Palmon).

No, I always wanted Tai and Sora to wind up together.  Believe it or not, I wanted Tai to have even more airtime than he actually had.  I thought he was the most well developed character, but it could've gone much further.  I would have liked to see Joe get more screen time too.  Like I said before, I would've liked to have seen all those first season guys get another season where we see them grow up.

Spiffy is Glory

• bow chica wow wow
    • FanFiction.Net Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2006, 03:05:30 PM »
I would have liked to see Joe get more screen time too. Like I said before, I would've liked to have seen all those first season guys get another season where we see them grow up.

Oh, definitely ditto (sorry, I really needed to comment XD).  Joe has got to be one of my favorite characters of all five seasons, especially in the dub version.  He's so cutely nerdy, and the way his personality developes in Adventure is simply astonishing (how he goes from total scaredy cat to the warrior-guardian-man of Mimi).  Really, great job there for the dub, even if it's hard to remember. XD  I, myself, haven't watched Adventure in quite some time, so my memory's a little blurred, as well.

Who was your favorite 02 character (aside from the Adventure cast), and who was your least favorite?  Who was your least favorite of the Adventure crew?  It doesn't necessarily mean that you dispised them or anything, but just in general, who were you least interested in?

Also, what'd you think of Ken and Yolei hooking up?  And what'd you think of the 02 finale?  Was it what you expected, or was did it catch you off-guard?

Jeff Nimoy

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2006, 03:15:47 PM »

Who was your favorite 02 character (aside from the Adventure cast), and who was your least favorite?  Who was your least favorite of the Adventure crew?  It doesn't necessarily mean that you dispised them or anything, but just in general, who were you least interested in?

Also, what'd you think of Ken and Yolei hooking up?  And what'd you think of the 02 finale?  Was it what you expected, or was did it catch you off-guard?

I guess I was least interested in TK for both seasons.  Not much there for TK's personality, unless Davis was pushing his buttons.  Davis was clearly my favorite, which is why I'm always so surprised that people think I hated him.  Oh well.  I like that Yolei hooked up with someone, ANYONE, and I liked Ken too, so I'm all for it.  Yeah, I was really shocked (just as I was after season one) to find out that all these characters we just got to know were now gone!

Spiffy is Glory

• bow chica wow wow
    • FanFiction.Net Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2006, 03:21:27 PM »
Jeff Nimoy, I love you.  I want to have your babies. >D Haha, just kidding.  I swear. XDD [/agrees with all points]

I meant to ask this before, but I forgot, so, this is my last question before I leave you to have some freetime. =3  What was your favorite couple that happened?  What was your favorite couple that you wanted to happen, but didn't?

Thanks for taking time out to answer this.  It's gargantuanly appreciated.  *Nodnod*

Jeff Nimoy

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2006, 03:25:32 PM »
Jeff Nimoy, I love you.  I want to have your babies. >D Haha, just kidding.  I swear. XDD [/agrees with all points]

I meant to ask this before, but I forgot, so, this is my last question before I leave you to have some freetime. =3  What was your favorite couple that happened?  What was your favorite couple that you wanted to happen, but didn't?

Thanks for taking time out to answer this.  It's gargantuanly appreciated.  *Nodnod*

My favorite couple?  You mean romantically?  I guess it's Tai and Sora (especially in the movie), which would make my least favorite pairing Matt and Sora.  I would've liked to have seen Joe and Mimi hook up.  Beauty and the brains.

godofchaos

• Administrator
  • REAGANOMICS!
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2006, 03:31:57 PM »
putting this here for a friend who is to shy to register and post it himself

Some popular anime programs have had US-written, JP-animated continuations produced for them over the years (Robotech, Voltron, etc.). If you were given the opportunity to write an original continuation of the 01/02 continuity without a source anime to worry about, would you take it and what do you think you would do with the characters if given that chance?

(as an addendum to the above)
Does writing original work hold much appeal to you, or do you feel more comfortable writing when everything is already there and you just gotta 'fix it up' for an english audience?
Help GOC out, scroll to the bottom of WtW, click the Paypal button and please donate if you can.  Helps pay for better server and stuff for WtW