Aspects of the topic nuclear explosion are discussed in the following places at Britannica.
- detection (in warning system (military technology): Detection of nuclear explosions)
- infrasonic waves (in ultrasonics (physics): Infrasonics)
- isotopes of transuranium elements (in transuranium element (chemical element): Synthesis of transuranium elements)
- nuclear fission (in nuclear fission (physics): Fission chain reactions and their control)
- radioactivity (in radioactivity: Occurrence of radioactivity)
- seismology (in seismograph: Applications of the seismograph; in earthquake (geology): Seismology and nuclear explosions )