Register or Sign in

RT @MechaWho: @OXMUK I did nazi that coming! Awesome vid :)
More News
  • Wednesday 13-Jun-2012 5:10 PM Babel Rising There's just one tower, and you're defending against it KIN  2
  • Tuesday 12-Jun-2012 5:00 PM MW3 Collection Pack 2 Dig out those extra pads, It's split-screen time 360  3
  • Friday 8-Jun-2012 3:00 PM Inversion What a feeling, when you're dancing on the ceiling 360  7
  • Thursday 7-Jun-2012 12:01 AM Game of Thrones Don't Stark me now, I'm Arryn such a good time 360  12
  • Tuesday 29-May-2012 4:00 PM Mad Riders Techland follows up nail'd with a budget racing gem XLA 
  • Tuesday 29-May-2012 9:35 AM Batman: Arkham City - Harley's Revenge Robin finally takes flight on his own 360  7
  • Thursday 24-May-2012 9:00 AM DiRT Showdown A spin-off that very nearly spins out 360  8
More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Babel Rising
Wednesday 13-Jun-2012 5:10 PM

Babel Rising

There's just one tower, and you're defending against it KIN  2

More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Spec Ops: The Line

Your comments on our articles.

Terrorists, please form an orderly queue

Chances are, the only questions most players are going to be asking themselves during the average third-person cover-based shooter are: "can I use that for cover?", "should I shoot that guy in the face?" and "can I use that for cover, and then shoot that guy in the face?" That's what 2K and Yager Development want to challenge with Spec Ops: The Line. They want you to think about what you're doing, and to maybe not like what you see.

... read more

Spec Ops: The Line

Postby Clanger67 » 26 Jun 12 12:06 pm

Hmmm after the demo. wasn't sure it would score as high as this.Must admit got a bit bored with the demo. and didn't finish it.Liked how you can use the enviroment to help dispatch your foes.Really nice setting as well in the Dubai desert,might get this some time cheap.
Stop your trying,to bruise my mind,i can do it on my own.
Clanger67

Re: Spec Ops: The Line

Postby CunningSmile » 26 Jun 12 12:39 pm

This has been on my watch list since Yager started up their 'story over shooting' pitch so glad it got a good score. Demo really was rubbish and dull though, can't help thinking they tried to pitch it at the CoD crowd and thereby missed the audience that will enjoy a story heavy morality tale.
"No, let the idiot talk. I'm starting to like the cut of his gibberish."
CunningSmile

Postby Bezza89 » 26 Jun 12 12:51 pm

Who reviewed this one? I have reviewers who agree with me and so have similar taste, would be nice to get a better perspective of how much to take for granted in reading it.

Also I need to get a voice lined up for you, Patrick Stewart, Brian Blessed, Michael Ironside, Martin Sheen in apocalypse now etc. You've all got unique voices for my reading.
Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!
Bezza89

Postby CunningSmile » 26 Jun 12 2:03 pm

Bezza89 wrote:Also I need to get a voice lined up for you, Patrick Stewart, Brian Blessed, Michael Ironside, Martin Sheen in apocalypse now etc. You've all got unique voices for my reading.

Great, now I can't out my head the image of Log shouting "Gordon's Alive!"
"No, let the idiot talk. I'm starting to like the cut of his gibberish."
CunningSmile

Postby schwepterbrowser » 26 Jun 12 8:04 pm

Bezza89 wrote:Who reviewed this one?

Andy Farrant apparently (the guy from Inside Xbox)...

The demo was terrible, but this is one of a few good reviews I've read. Might get it on the cheap.
schwepterbrowser

Postby Bezza89 » 26 Jun 12 8:14 pm

schwepterbrowser wrote:
Bezza89 wrote:Who reviewed this one?

Andy Farrant apparently (the guy from Inside Xbox)...

The demo was terrible, but this is one of a few good reviews I've read. Might get it on the cheap.

Really? Good to know he's landed OK after being dumped by MS, though I spose this is only freelance. I can't use a special voice now because I've seen him talking. Ah well. Skip this game until others review it.
Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!
Bezza89

Postby Clanger67 » 26 Jun 12 8:58 pm

The general consensus seems to be eight or three out of five i have seen one.
Stop your trying,to bruise my mind,i can do it on my own.
Clanger67