Register or Sign in

Aliens: Colonial Marines - new guns, new Aliens, same terror http://t.co/8pdLFFj7
More News
Spelunky
Wednesday 4-Jul-2012 8:41 AM

Spelunky

Things are about to get deep XLA 

More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Babel Rising
Wednesday 13-Jun-2012 5:10 PM

Babel Rising

There's just one tower, and you're defending against it KIN  2

More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 video: one whole hour of pre-releas

Your comments on our articles.

Bespin, Speeder races, Darth Vader and the Death Star

What are you doing for the next hour? Eating, working, conversing with associates? No you're not. You're going to watch this enormous Star Wars: Battlefront 3 prototype gameplay video with us, before somebody's legal teams yank it off the face of the internet.

... read more

Postby Bezza89 » 4 Jul 12 11:10 am

Thought we'd all given up on this one :cry:

Stop showing us what could have been!
Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!
Bezza89

Postby T-meredith » 4 Jul 12 11:12 am

looks alright, graphics need polishing though
T-meredith

Postby Plamsa wing » 4 Jul 12 11:13 am

One whole hour of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Surely I'm dreaming?
"And the award for best film, cling, cling film."
Plamsa wing

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 3 video: one whole hour of pre-re

Postby BIGBUTTER » 4 Jul 12 12:09 pm

This Bitters me. This game needs to come out ASAP!
BIGBUTTER

Postby mariachi2000 » 4 Jul 12 1:42 pm

Maybe this video brings 'A New Hope' for Star Wars Battlefront fans everywhere...

...Sorry
mariachi2000

Postby fatalgilly » 4 Jul 12 4:11 pm

I honestly cant wait till star wars 1313 comes out. I hope it crashes and burns. They should have done this.
fatalgilly

Postby Pompey78 » 4 Jul 12 8:29 pm

Looks very dated but then if this was ready to go in 2008 that's not a surprise.

Would have been great if it had come out in a polished and stable state but we will never know.

As for star wars 1313, that looks great !! I mean in my opinion at least, talk about stepping up the graphical expectations :)

However when it comes out I hope it's not corridor after corridor of cover...shoot....move. That would be a big dissapointment.
Pompey78

Postby CunningSmile » 5 Jul 12 9:14 am

fatalgilly wrote:I honestly cant wait till star wars 1313 comes out. I hope it crashes and burns. They should have done this.

Isn't that cutting off your nose to spite your face. Wouldn't it be easier to hope 1313 is excellent and then LucasArts will be motivated to make more adult focused games and release Battlefront?
"No, let the idiot talk. I'm starting to like the cut of his gibberish."
CunningSmile

Postby fatalgilly » 5 Jul 12 10:01 am

CunningSmile wrote:
fatalgilly wrote:I honestly cant wait till star wars 1313 comes out. I hope it crashes and burns. They should have done this.

Isn't that cutting off your nose to spite your face. Wouldn't it be easier to hope 1313 is excellent and then LucasArts will be motivated to make more adult focused games and release Battlefront?

Maybe... but then again i don't want them to think... wow 1313 was excellent lets make another one like that and ignore battlefront. :?
fatalgilly

Postby Bezza89 » 5 Jul 12 11:14 am

fatalgilly wrote:
Maybe... but then again i don't want them to think... wow 1313 was excellent lets make another one like that and ignore battlefront. :?

That's the general thinking of a few devs these days what with the 'that looks good, we'll make our own version of that' attitude, and especially publishers going 'that sells well, we'll make our own version of that and sell equally well' attitude.

Hopefully it's not a gears of uncharted and hopefully its own game - with multiplayer that is battlefront... what's that? Mr 89 making claims 1313 is actually BFr3 in disguise? BFr sp is pretty terrible, so they have this new SP, but keep the multiplayer from BFr.
Bezza89

Postby SidTheSloth » 5 Jul 12 11:22 am

Bezza89 wrote:
fatalgilly wrote:

That's the general thinking of a few devs these days what with the 'that looks good, we'll make our own version of that' attitude, and especially publishers going 'that sells well, we'll make our own version of that and sell equally well' attitude.

Hopefully it's not a gears of uncharted and hopefully its own game - with multiplayer that is battlefront... what's that? Mr 89 making claims 1313 is actually BFr3 in disguise? BFr sp is pretty terrible, so they have this new SP, but keep the multiplayer from BFr.

Wow... There really is nothing like setting yourself up for a fall - how high exactly have you set that bar of expectations? Maybe get in touch with Hideo and see if Snake can make a Stan Lee-esque cameo? He's got nothing to do with SW of course but if we're building Bezzas perfect game i'm sure he should be in there somewhere? :wink:
Take the time to make some sense, of what you want to say...
SidTheSloth

Postby Bezza89 » 5 Jul 12 11:50 am

Not too high, I expect the game will be shit for me as I hate uncharted type gameplay where you have 'interactive cutscene gameplay', which this game is confirmed to have. I find it pointless, I'd rather watch it or it be actual changeable gameplay, or HL2 style.

Snake makes cameos in every game ever, you ever seen cardboard boxes? Bet you can't guess which he's in... cos he's snake!
Bezza89

Postby SidTheSloth » 5 Jul 12 12:00 pm

Uncharted - interactive cutscene gameplay? If you'd said Heavy Rain i'd have understood but i wouldn't class uncharted like that?

And blah blah, snake blah hero blah blah best ever blah blah comes with the thunder blah blah shoots lightning from his ass blah blah... :roll:

And why do you talk about cardboard boxes like they're mythical beasts? They're quite common these days i find! :wink:
SidTheSloth

Postby Bezza89 » 5 Jul 12 12:05 pm

The entire beginning of uncharted 2 is you climbing up a train, you have to follow a strict path up the train as it triggers scripted sequences... exactly the same as in 1313 gameplay video. It's not a cutscene per se, but it's not what I call fun or even gameplay.

Cardboard boxes are snake's stealth fortresses of doom. You never know where he'll be!
Bezza89

Postby SidTheSloth » 5 Jul 12 12:16 pm

Bezza89 wrote:The entire beginning of uncharted 2 is you climbing up a train, you have to follow a strict path up the train as it triggers scripted sequences... exactly the same as in 1313 gameplay video. It's not a cutscene per se, but it's not what I call fun or even gameplay.

Cardboard boxes are snake's stealth fortresses of doom. You never know where he'll be!

'The entire beginning' is still only the beginning i believe? :wink:

And i'm not feeding your other addiction any more, go watch snakes on a plane, you'll love it! :wink:
SidTheSloth

Next