Register or Sign in

Aliens: Colonial Marines - new guns, new Aliens, same terror http://t.co/8pdLFFj7
More News
Spelunky
Wednesday 4-Jul-2012 8:41 AM

Spelunky

Things are about to get deep XLA 

More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Babel Rising
Wednesday 13-Jun-2012 5:10 PM

Babel Rising

There's just one tower, and you're defending against it KIN  2

More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Hitman: Absolution Deluxe Professional Edition unveiled

Your comments on our articles.

Contains 10" statue, artbook and DLC

IO Interactive have revealed yet another special edition for their upcoming Hitman: Absolution. The Deluxe Professional Edition includes a 10" vinyl statue of Agent 47 plus the usual "making of" DVD.

... read more

Hitman: Absolution Deluxe Professional Edition unveiled

Postby golliwoza » 4 Jul 12 11:59 am

That statue just gives me the creeps. I think I am going to go for the standard edition and buy the weapon packs seperate if they are released as DLC, well that or get the other edition depending on the price but November is yet again going to be a busy month for me seeing as Farcry 3 was pushed back.

If you like Mass Effect come join us at Mass Effect 3 - Saviours of Earth on steam. Join us!!
golliwoza

Re: Hitman: Absolution Deluxe Professional Edition unveiled

Postby SidTheSloth » 4 Jul 12 6:01 pm

Who comes up with the names for all these special editions? Does this mean there's a non-deluxe pro edition too? Or a deluxe non-professional edition? Grr, all this crap does annoy, it just puts me off pre-ordering... :evil:

One of the few games i'm really looking forward to this year too! :roll:
Take the time to make some sense, of what you want to say...
SidTheSloth

Postby CunningSmile » 5 Jul 12 9:18 am

SidTheSloth wrote:Who comes up with the names for all these special editions? Does this mean there's a non-deluxe pro edition too? Or a deluxe non-professional edition? Grr, all this crap does annoy, it just puts me off pre-ordering... :evil:

I'm preordering the Deluxe Amatuerish Edition. It will pretty much match my play style :lol:
"No, let the idiot talk. I'm starting to like the cut of his gibberish."
CunningSmile

Postby SidTheSloth » 5 Jul 12 11:17 am

CunningSmile wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:Who comes up with the names for all these special editions? Does this mean there's a non-deluxe pro edition too? Or a deluxe non-professional edition? Grr, all this crap does annoy, it just puts me off pre-ordering... :evil:

I'm preordering the Deluxe Amatuerish Edition. It will pretty much match my play style :lol:

Ha, if we're going down that path then i think mine, based on previous Hitman games would be 'balls up at the pivotal moment after doing great prep work' edition! :)

It's almost laughable (and at the same time completely not funny) how many times i've spent carefully mapping out a level, putting my evil plans into place and then messing up through lack of skill/wonky engine!
SidTheSloth

Postby Bezza89 » 5 Jul 12 11:21 am

Yeah... wonky engine!!

I'm thinking of getting this on PS3 for some reason, I don't know why, could be because I don't care for trophies and Hitman has bastard achievements. Though I did get all of them. There's rumour of a hitman collection going to ps3 too. :oops:

I'll get off before they bring out the tar and feathers.
Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!
Bezza89

Postby CunningSmile » 5 Jul 12 11:22 am

I always have a plan, but a combination of getting distracted and not being very good at stealth usually results in me running around with a gun just shooting people and frantically hoping I'll hit the right person. Probably why I'm the only person not complaining about the possibility of a more action orientated Hitman game :lol:
"No, let the idiot talk. I'm starting to like the cut of his gibberish."
CunningSmile

Postby SidTheSloth » 5 Jul 12 11:25 am

Bezza89 wrote:I'm thinking of getting this on PS3 for some reason, I don't know why, could be because I don't care for trophies and Hitman has bastard achievements. Though I did get all of them. There's rumour of a hitman collection going to ps3 too. :oops:

I take it you mean the 'perfect' type achievements, where you gotta kill the mark, and only the mark, without being so much as spotted by a stray cat? I think that's where i'm my own worst enemy with Hitman, any time i'm detected i class it as mission failed and tend to start the level again! Probably why i hated Deus Ex as i played that in a similar vein!

CunningSmile wrote:usually results in me running around with a gun just shooting people and frantically hoping I'll hit the right person.

That sounds like my approach to battlefield!! :D
SidTheSloth

Postby smp1987 » 5 Jul 12 11:37 am

I already have the sniper changeling got if free with my free pre order 8)

Like all games not the special edition content will be DLC down the line gone are the days of true limited edition
smp1987

Postby Bezza89 » 5 Jul 12 11:47 am

SidTheSloth wrote:I take it you mean the 'perfect' type achievements, where you gotta kill the mark, and only the mark, without being so much as spotted by a stray cat? I think that's where i'm my own worst enemy with Hitman, any time i'm detected i class it as mission failed and tend to start the level again! Probably why i hated Deus Ex as i played that in a similar vein!

Yeah, you're not actually allowed to kill them either, has to be an ''accident'' and you have to finish the level in your suit. For the achievements you needed 5 Silent assassin ratings on each of the four difficulties as well as game completes for all four too.. Well hard.
Bezza89

Postby SidTheSloth » 5 Jul 12 11:50 am

Bezza89 wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:I take it you mean the 'perfect' type achievements, where you gotta kill the mark, and only the mark, without being so much as spotted by a stray cat? I think that's where i'm my own worst enemy with Hitman, any time i'm detected i class it as mission failed and tend to start the level again! Probably why i hated Deus Ex as i played that in a similar vein!

Yeah, you're not actually allowed to kill them either, has to be an ''accident'' and you have to finish the level in your suit. For the achievements you needed 5 Silent assassin ratings on each of the four difficulties as well as game completes for all four too.. Well hard.

Sounds about right, i don't think i played the 360 one so i'm thinking about the games before that (luckily no achievements in those days!) but some of the objectives were ridonculous!

Hmm, i might pick up Blood Money, i was always convinced i'd played it but i don't have it and its' not on my achievements list so i'd say that's quite a good indicator i never played it! :)
SidTheSloth

Postby Bezza89 » 5 Jul 12 11:52 am

I'd wait to see if they release all three games on ps3 (2, contracts and blood money, contracts is hitman 1 basically) as it probably would be cheaper.
Bezza89

Postby SidTheSloth » 5 Jul 12 11:55 am

Bezza89 wrote:I'd wait to see if they release all three games on ps3 (2, contracts and blood money, contracts is hitman 1 basically) as it probably would be cheaper.

So i could buy it and then never play it due to my incredibly weird aversion to playing any game on my PS3? :D
SidTheSloth