Would $55,000 in cash and in-kind services help make your start-up dream a reality? If so, you need to enter the 2012 MYPN NH Start-Up Challenge.
One lucky startup will receive the necessary resources to get their business off the ground. The grand prize package consists of the following:
- Up to $25,000 in cash
- Ultimate SXSW Experience courtesy of Dyn
- A seat in the abi Innovation Hub’s Accelerator Program and one-year of residence at the abi.
- Legal services from McLane Law Firm
- Accounting services from Howe Riley & Howe
- While only one start-up can win the grand prize, every team will get exposure to angel investors, venture capitalists, journalists and other entrepreneurs. Every team will also get invaluable feedback from seasoned investors and entrepreneurs.
- Airfare from to/from Manchester, NH to Austin, TX
- 3 Days, 2 Nights
- 2 day pass to SXSW Interactive
- VIP Pass to the Dyn SXSW Music Meets Tech Party
Submission Deadlines/ Event Schedule:
- The Manchester Young Professional Network will begin to receive applications for the competition from now through April 16.
- On April 20 the organization will select up to five contestants to participate in a series of educational forums coordinated by the abi Innovation Hub.
- The semi-finalists will draft and submit a formal business plan and have an opportunity to pitch before a live audience on May 17th at the abi.
- On May 22nd two finalists will be selected to hone their business plans and prepare for a closed presentation to a panel of judges on May 30.
- The competition will culminate with a final live pitch event June 20th before a packed house at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College.
- Two finalists will field questions and answers from the audience and judges and ultimately one will walk away with over $55,000 in cash and prizes.
Who should enter:
Early-stage entrepreneurs with projects or startups. Only have an idea? That’s okay, we’ve built this competition for you as well. We’ll be choosing the winner based on the people, product, and of course the plan. Bring your “A” game.
- Applicant must be a NH resident
- Applicant must be an owner or founder
- Startups must be for-profit, have been in existence for less than 3 years, have raised under $100k in funding and generated under $100k in 2011 revenue
How to enter:
You want to make it to the semi-finals right? At minimum, submit a 1-2 page overview of your concept to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also will be accepting 1-2 minute video pitches to accompany your written materials, so be creative and include a link.
*MYPN reserves the right to disqualify any application for any reason at any time.