Amersham and Chesham
More than 800 responses were received, with 56 per cent of respondents in favour of the proposals and 28 per cent against.
After careful evaluation of the responses to ensure that all views were considered, we have decided to go ahead with the proposals on the grounds that on balance they will be of benefit to the area.
The shuttle service between Chesham and Chalfont & Latimer stations will be replaced by two direct services per hour to and from central London at all times of the day.
Metropolitan line services to and from Amersham station will be reduced from four per hour to two during off-peak times. This is necessary to allow the Chesham services to run.
Services not affected
The following services will not be affected by the changes:
- Chiltern Railways services via Amersham
- Services to and from all other Metropolitan line stations
- Peak hour services between 07.00-08.00 and 18.00-19.00 to and from Chesham and Amersham. Direct services already operate to and from Chesham at these times
We expect the changes to be made during 2011, once new trains on the Metropolitan line have been delivered as part of our Tube upgrade plan.
Some of the benefits include:
- Interchange-free journeys to and from London for passengers who use Chesham station
- No long waiting times and no need to use the subway while interchanging for the shuttle train at Chalfont & Latimer
- No need for people from Chesham to travel to Amersham station for direct services to central London
- The new walk-through trains with air conditioning, lower floors and wheelchair spaces being introduced on the Metropolitan line will run to Chesham