Does this poppy look real to you?
Would you believe it's made from paper napkins from the Dollar Store?
This craft is one of my favorites. It's simple enough for children to make, and priced to fit any budget.
The result? Happiness and a smile.
These napkin flowers are perfect decorations for just about any occasion. Bridal Shower... Baby Shower...Birthday party.... You name it.
I hosted a craft party at my home recently with a group of other parents. Together we made an assortment of colorful bouquets that will grace tables and halls during our local elementary school Art Show.
Read on for a list of supplies and instructions.
All of the supplies below can be purchased from the Dollar Store.
- 5x5 napkins for center of flower. Your choice of color.
- Larger napkins for the petals of the flowers.
- Green pipe cleaners, or floral picks (one per flower).
- Bamboo skewers (one per flower).
- Tissue paper in your choice of color.
- Green floral tape.
Snip along the edges of the folded black napkin like so to create a fringe.
Be careful NOT to cut along the folded sides.
Position the black napkin in the center.