It represents a model of co-operation that includes trans-national and inter-regional co-operation between regions of the Adriatic coastline.
The Adriatic Euroregion is the institutional framework for jointly defining and solving important issues in the Adriatic area. It consists of 23 members - Regional and local governments from Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Albania.
The aims of the AE are the fallowing:
- Forming an area of peace, stability and co-operation
- Protection of the cultural heritage
- Protection of the environment
- Sustainable economic development in particular of tourism, fishery and agriculture
- Solution of transport and other infrastructure issues