We make every effort to provide accurate and timely information; however, there may be inadvertent technical factual inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, for which we apologize. Our Website, Software, and associated content are delivered on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis. SproutSocial.com cannot ensure that files you download from our Website or using our Software will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features. SproutSocial.com reserves the right to make changes and corrections at any time, without notice.
Should you decide to acquire our Software from SproutSocial.com, our online User Agreement is considered the governing agreement between both you, as a user of our Website and Software, and SproutSocial.com, and it supersedes any other information on our Website, unless an alternate written User Agreement is executed by you and SproutSocial.com, in which case, that User Agreement will govern.
- "Non-Personal Information" is information that is in no way personally identifiable and that is obtained automatically through your simple use of our Website with a web browser or our Software.
- "Personally Identifiable Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable and obtained in connection with providing a product or service to you. It may include information such as name, address, phone number, transaction information related to your purchase of the Services, credit or debit card number, expiration date and verification number, and financial estimates you provide to us.
When you enter our Website, we collect Non-Personal Information such as your browser type and IP address. Likewise, in order to offer you meaningful products and services and for other reasons, we may collect Personally Identifiable Information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms on our Website and/or Software; or
- Information about your transactions with us and our affiliates (contractors and service providers); or
- Information you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to, texts, mail, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- If you use a mobile device platform to access the Services or communicate with SproutSocial.com, information transmitted from your mobile device; or
- Information purchased from third parties.
In order to become a Subscriber (as defined in SproutSocial.com's User Agreement), you must provide us the following information to create an account: name, email address, country, password, your Twitter username and authorization to access your Twitter account. Without this minimal amount of information, you cannot create a SproutSocial.com account. Like other passwords, you should choose one that is known only by you. SproutSocial.com requests other information from you during the registration process, (e.g., gender, location, etc.) that SproutSocial.com uses to provide better and more customized services to Subscribers. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on SproutSocial.com, you may allow others, including SproutSocial.com, to identify you and to allow SproutSocial.com to use your information in accordance with our User Agreement.
We collect information when you interact with SproutSocial.com's customer service in order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
Using Third Party Services and Visiting Third Party Sites
In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the Service to our Subscribers, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable, but may provide general segment information for the enhancement of your user experience by providing more relevant advertising. SproutSocial.com does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
Log files, IP Addresses and information about your computer and mobile device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit our Website we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave SproutSocial.com's Website. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on SproutSocial.com's Website. SproutSocial.com also receives the internet protocol ('IP') address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your UDID) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing our Website using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. SproutSocial.com may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled. Also, as described above in Section 2.D. SproutSocial.com receives information when you access third-party web pages through the Service. The link between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described in Section 10.B. ('Compliance with Legal Process'), below.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
SproutSocial.com uses and/or intends to use Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Website;
- Provide Subscribers with the Service and other products and services that a Subscriber may request or that a Subscriber has expressed interest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate a person's/entity's eligibility for the Service or certain offers, products or services;
- Evaluate Subscriber interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services we make available to Subscribers and potential Subscribers;
- Track use of the Services;
- Track use of the offers, products and services made available by third-party partners or advertisers;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to Subscribers, such as SproutSocial.com news, special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Website, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication; and
Use of Credit Cards
You may have to provide a credit card to purchase other products and services from our Website. We use 3rd party billing services and HAVE NO CONTROL over these services. We will use our best efforts to make sure that your credit card number is kept STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL by using only 3rd party billing services that use the latest security encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number by a third-party.
Use By Minors Prohibited
SproutSocial.com is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Neither our Website nor our Software are designed or intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 without parental supervision. SproutSocial.com is not responsible for determining the age of its users and has no liability whatsoever should a minor use our Website to acquire goods and/or services that would otherwise be prohibited due to the minor's age. SproutSocial.com encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage as a result.
Links/Postings to Other Websites
Our Website and/or Software may contain links to other websites. SproutSocial.com is not responsible for the actions, practices, or content of such websites linked to or from our Website and/or Software. You understand that such websites may have their own legal documents to which you must agree to prior to using and that we have no control over these legal documents. As always, you understand that it is your responsibility to verify your legal use of a website as well as use of information from the website with the corresponding website owner.
Use of Aggregate Data
When We May Disclose Your Information
Except as set forth below or as specifically agreed to by you, SproutSocial.com will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information as gathered from you on our Website.
To operate our Website, to meet your needs for a wide choice of quality products and services, and for other reasons, SproutSocial.com may share Personally Identifiable Information with members of our corporate family of companies and others as described below in this Section. However, limits on sharing information apply while your address with us is in Vermont or California as described below in this Section.
- We may share Personally Identifiable information we collect, as permitted by law, to companies such as credit reporting agencies, or servicing and processing companies, or when required or advised to do so in response to a valid legal requirement to release this information such as a state or federal law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property, or defend or assert legal rights, to defend ourselves in litigation. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your Personally Identifiable information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
- While your address with us is in Vermont, we will not share information with affiliates and third parties as described in this Section10.C. In addition, while your address with us is in California, we will not share information with third parties as described in this Section, nor will we share information with financial institutions that are not our affiliates and with whom we do not have joint marketing agreements as provided in this Section.
If you prefer that we do not share certain information with our contractors and service provider, as described above, you can direct us not to share that information by contacting us
(privacy@SproutSocial.com). Please note that an opt-out with respect to information sharing will not apply to information sharing
arrangements described Sections 10.A or B.
Sprout Social may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property. If SproutSocial.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personally Identifiable Information.
Security Policy & User ID/Password
Our site utilizes various information security measures such as internet firewalls, an intrusion detection system, encrypted data transmission, and operating procedures to protect your personal data, accounts, passwords, etc. This information is kept completely separate and confidential, unless you have given someone-else your user ID and password. As such, you should protect your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. If you believe your user ID and password have been compromised, please contact our technical support department so they can issue you a new user ID/password (privacy@SproutSocial.com).
CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice
SproutSocial.com and its affiliates fully comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us.
Transfer of Ownership
Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personally Identifiable Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by SproutSocial.com pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to privacy@SproutSocial.com. Please allow 60 days for a response.
Should you have a privacy question about our Website and/or Software, please email our customer service department (privacy@SproutSocial.com).