Ken Cuccinelli is unabashedly pro-life. It's a position he has always held — and a belief that's based on more than just words.
As a member of the State Senate and as Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli has not just voted right, he has been a leader on initiatives that cover the whole spectrum of the issue. Because of his hard, effective work, Ken has earned the reputation as one of Virginia's most reliable pro-life, pro-family leaders.
- As a state senator, Ken supported the health and dignity of women by advancing legislation to ensure that abortion clinics are subject to the same health and safety standards as outpatient surgical hospitals;
- Ken authored the Senate version of Virginia's parental consent law, supporting the role of parents in their minor daughters' abortion decisions;
- Ken led efforts to de-fund planned parenthood of state tax dollars;
- Ken was the deciding vote to override then-Governor Warner's veto of the ban on the gruesome procedure known as "partial-birth" abortion;
- Ken led the fight on the Senate floor to adopt the "Choose Life" license plate, which has been a huge success in Virginia. Proceeds from the sale of these plates are helping fund crisis-pregnancy centers across the Commonwealth.
Additionally, the Family Foundation honored Ken with their prestigious "Legislator of the Year Award" in 2008 for his years of support of life and families.
As Attorney General, Ken has continued his leadership on the life issue by being steadfast in support of legislation & initiatives to protect the innocent unborn.