About Webster's Technology Training | Important Notes | Accessing Training Materials | Feedback/Contact
About the new technology training program
Webster University Information Technology has partnered with Lynda.com to bring you the best in technology education. Lynda.com is an industry leader in offering online computer based tutorials (CBT's) for a wide variety of technology subjects. Through this partnership we will be able to offer a much wider range of technology training to the Webster community.
There are some differences in this training versus what we have previously offered. Please make sure to read the important notes section to learn about those differences.
- Go to Lynda Training Login Page
- You will be taken to the database login on the library website.
- Enter your last name.
- Enter your 7 digit Webster ID number, followed by "EWL."
- Click "Login to Database."
- From the Lynda.com homepage, you will be able to search for a variety of training modules.
- Near the top of the screen you will find three drop down menus labeled, "Subject", "Software", and "Author."
Using the drop down boxes, choose the subject or software you wish to learn about (i.e. Word in the Software dropdown box)
You will be taken to training sections for the product or subject you choose.
- Each subject or product is broken down into individual sections. Click on the appropriate section (ex: Word 2010 Essential Training).
You will see that the learning modules are further broken down into short segments.
- Each segment is a Quicktime movie (you will need Quicktime installed to view them) When you click on the segment you wish to learn, the Quicktime movie will launch in a new window.
- Along the bottom of the movie you will find the timeline and the controls to pause or adjust the volume.
- Once you have finished viewing your lessons, please click the LOGOUT button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Webster currently has a very limited number of licenses and they are based on concurrent users. If you stay logged in longer than you need to someone else may not be able to access the training.
- If all licenses are currently in use, you will receive a message stating that and asking you to try again later.
- Sites who are on DSL and International sites cannot access Lynda.com training at this time.
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org