CAA: Christian Anime Alliance home main reviews parents about chat register

Go Back   CAA: Christian Anime Alliance > Roleplay > New RPG Ideas
Register FAQ/RulesDonate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New RPG Ideas If you've got an idea for a new RPG, here's where you can propose it and recruit players.

Unread 07-08-2012, 12:59 PM
The night is mine
Default Infinite

This is an idea based on a book I've recently started trying to write. Here's the basics...

Technology has evolved. Players can now enter the game known as 'Infinite', choose how they want to look, whether they can wield a weapon or power, and then in the game they take their new destiny in their own hands. While most are content that it is a game, there are others working to make it reality...

That's the basic plot. This story will include what happens in your normal character's life including the video game character, so make sure you follow both!
By the way, the game console looks basically like a headband with a silver star on it. Just so you all know.
Now here are the sheets:

Name: specify both who you are in the real world and who you are in the game.

Appearance: again for both.

Race: this is solely for your Infinite character. Includes Human, Elf, Dwarf or anything in between. If you've got any other ideas, let me know!

Weapon/Power: this varies. you can wield a weapon or control a power. Choose one.

Personality: this usually is the same whether on earth or Infinite. Who are you can effect what happens to you in the game.

How Long: This has to do with how long you've been playing in Infinite, whether you've just started or have been playing for years.

Well, that's that. Once you've written down your character sheets I'll tell you what your current gear is. You can have up to a max of four characters. Mine are...

Name: Adrian Rogers/ Remus
Appearance: Red hair, black eyes, white skin/ Black hair, violet eyes.
Race: Half-elven
Weapon/Power: Weapon. Carries a sword.
Personality: Usually good with animals and long-time follower of Infinite. Only recently got his console.
Gear: Forest green tunic and trousers, with solid boots and a breastplate.

Name: Eric Wilson/ Romulos
Appearance: Sandy hair, gray eyes with blue speckles. Same for both.
Race: Human
Weapon/Power: Weapon. Longbow
Personality: Quiet and cautious, with a love for adventuring. He is currently studying the west part of the large continent of Infinite.
Gear: Grey shirt with long black jerkin and travel-worn boots.

Name: Lily Andrews: Nancy
Appearance: Brown hair and eyes/ Blue hair and green eyes
Race: Elven
Weapon/Power: Power. Light and lightning
Personality: Graceful. A longtime user of Infinite who has mastered the difficult powers of light and lightning.
Gear: A long silvery dress with a crystal-like belt, two diamond earrings and delicate slippers.

I'll be handling any plot events and such, but if there's any experienced RPG makers here with suggestions, please PM me, I'm always open!
Thanks to Jesus Christ I came to be!

Infinite

chatbot 05:08 - Wolfsong asks, Love you anyway chatty
My answer:
chatbot 05:08 - Wolfsong asks, Do you love me?
My answer: No
chatbot 05:08 - Wolfsong asks, <
My answer: I can't believe you would even ask that!
chatbot 05:08 - Wolfsong asks, Now my feelings are hurt!
My answer: I would have invited your friend, Compainion Cube, but you murdered him.

Last edited by Wolfsong : 07-09-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Dragon Empress

Name: Rina Monroe/ Tobikomi

Gender F/F

Race: Anthro hare

Appearance:

Normal- She's a tall girl with frizzy dark brown hair. Her eyes are dark brown, and she wears wire rimmed glasses.

For clothes, she has jeans, and a simple purple top.

In Game- she is covered in black, glossy fur, and has pale pink pads on the bottoms of her hands and feet. Her hair is a thick, wavy, floor length curtain that starts lavender at the roots, and gradually transisions to a lush royal purple at the ends, out of which jut out black hare ears.. Her eyes are turquoise. She is also tall and curvy.

As for clothes, she wears a no sleeved blue tunic with a leather belt. She also wore tan shorts.

Power: stretchability/reshapability

Personality: Rather quiet and introverted, but has a kind heart. She's a very new user.

Gear: A bag that has a hammer space quality to it. (Hope it's ok)

How Long: Only for a month.

(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Last edited by Diamond Dragon : 07-09-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Just a blip in time

Well, I've never done one of these before. Not that I have time, but it might give me some ideas for my own stories and such. Hope you don't mind if I join but am sometimes absent.

Character 1:

Name: Real: Dr. Chuck Yeager Norris (you can shoot me, I like the name)
Name: Game: Manowar.
Race: Hero / knight
Appearance:
In real life: Think of a doctor from the '80s. Bland. Black-rimmed, coke bottle glasses. Maybe some Polish blood in there.
In game: Think of the manliest knight imaginable. Gray armor, muscles like tree limbs, and thighs like steam engine trains. Big dude. Long, brown hair, and thick beard (same color).
Weapon, not power: Mega sword. (He's a big dude)
Personality: Majime. Business-oriented. He isn't even sure why he's playing considering he's a doctor. In the game, he tries to appear heroic, but at the same time, mysterious so that no one actually knows his psychological conflict.
Gear: Gray armor, big brown belt. The rest is left to rumors.
Time playing Infinite: 3 years, though rumor has it since the game began.

Character 2:
Name: Real: Rachel Clyde. (I'm not big on using Japanese names, can you tell?)
Name: Game: Mirage or "Mira".
Appearance:
In real life: Think brown. Brown hair. Brown eyes.
In game: Think blue. Blue robe. Blue eyes. Yes, even blue hair. Normal skin color for both. Keeps things easy for me to remember.
Power: Prophecy (ability to alter future states of the game without controlling actions of other characters) (Is this allowed? If not, I'll pick something else.)
Personality: Erratic. One moment she's talkative and friendly, the next, she's hiding and quiet.
Time playing Infinite: Unknown, though traces of her past run back 2+ years.

As a side note: I was so tempted to put "Chell" (from Portal) as the game name for Rachel Clyde, but that wouldn't suit her at all. However, you're more than welcome to call her that for humor's sake. XD
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "

Last edited by ABlipinTime : 07-09-2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: added time playing Infinite
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:25 AM
vinyl scratch

Name: David/Gabriel

Appearance: as David: dark skin, black hair. Is built like a basketball player: tall and lean.

Race: Haibane. This is a class of winged humans.
Weapon/Power: Morning star.

Personality: David is the quintessential team player. You want him on your team because he understands how to do his part and be a benefit to the team. He loves to help out as much as he can.
Note: Can David be a moderator in the game? I was thinking of

my review blog!
My newest blog!
my shelfari! MAL
Join the Rocklobster fan club!
Rocklobster's Guide to Legal Anime Online
click here for my playlist!
my facebook pagemy last fm profile!

Last edited by rocklobster : 07-09-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: decided not to ref LOTR
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
The night is mine

okay, Diamond, though I'm not entirely sure what an 'anthro hare' is. I guess I'll find out!...though I'm not sure what gear to give you. Tell you what, your bag's alright and I'll add a stun bracelet to it. You can stun people with it, and be resistant to stun spells.

Okay...should I call you Time? Both your characters pass, though PM me before you decide to make any major changes. However, I'm always open to possibilities! I also don't mind if you're occasionally absent. Happy to have you in any way.

rock, He passes and can be a mod.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I need to know how long your character has been a part of Infinite. I'll be editting that shortly, so please let me know.

Also, I'm changing the three character count to four, just because I got a great idea for a villain character. So, maybe you could also let me know if you want to be on the other side.

Infinite

My answer:
My answer: I would have invited your friend, Compainion Cube, but you murdered him.
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Just a blip in time

I'm going to go under the assumption that the game (Infinite) has been around for about 3 - 3 1/2 years. That way it's fairly new while at the same time having been around long enough for people to explore its nooks and crannies.

EDIT: ^ Yes, you can call me Time. Or you can call me Blip, which is alittle easier for me to spot.

EDIT 2: ^ I'm not sure if it was an intentional misspelling, but Romulus is spelled with 2 'u's.

EDIT 3: ^ For "anthro hare", I'm thinking Diamond means something like this: http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4718803887521998&pid=1.1
It's a rabbit with a human body, or at least that's the gist of it.

Last edited by ABlipinTime : 07-09-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Dragon Empress

@Wolf: An anthro is a person with some qualities of an animal. So Tobikomi is an anthro with some qualities of a hare.

Or quite simply, she looks sort of like this, only with the differences I mentioned: http://data.whicdn.com/images/146669..._500_thumb.jpg

BTW, thanks for accepting me!

(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Just a blip in time

^ lol, nice timing. We're about a few seconds out of sync.

EDIT: @ rocklobster - What's Morning Star?

Last edited by ABlipinTime : 07-09-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:45 PM
The night is mine

Yeah, its been around three years, long enough that its still new and exciting. Thanks for solving the anthro problem. This should be interesting.
Thanks also for pointing out my spelling error. I'll get it right away!

Infinite

My answer:
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:28 AM
vinyl scratch

Originally posted by ABlipinTime (post: 1575648):
^ lol, nice timing. We're about a few seconds out of sync.

EDIT: @ rocklobster - What's Morning Star?

this:

I basically based his character in the game on Hawkman, who uses this weapon. And can I say he's a paid mod and has been involved with the game for 4 years?

my review blog!
My newest blog!
my shelfari! MAL
Join the Rocklobster fan club!
Rocklobster's Guide to Legal Anime Online
click here for my playlist!
my facebook pagemy last fm profile!
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Just a blip in time

I'd like to make an addendum to Manowar's gear: sheath for the sword. Not like he's going to carry his sword around all the time.

New character, since we'll probably need him: merchant

Character 3
Name: David Farling / Sven
Race: Cave Troll
Appearance: Real: Biz man, black hair / Game: Brown sheep's clothing, light green skin.
Power: Ability to craft any potion, given the right resources
Personality: Either you feel comfortable around him or you don't. Lies to newbies but not to old players. "Snarly" might describe him best.
Time in the game: As long as Manowar

EDIT: Oops. Didn't realize you had used the same name, rock. It might be interesting to have two characters with the same name. I could change it or leave it, just let me know what you want.

-------------------------
Character pics!!

Manowar:
What rumors say he's like: http://reau.deviantart.com/art/The-S...%20huge&qo=168
What he's like to skeptics: http://ryukopron.deviantart.com/art/...%20huge&qo=541
What he actually looks like: http://jimmydimples.deviantart.com/a...%20huge&qo=213
EDIT: Note, he's supposed to have a beard, though only one of these pictures has that.

Mirage:
What rumors say she's like: http://izayaaa.deviantart.com/art/An...e%20hair&qo=77
What dreamers think she's like: http://lovelychu.deviantart.com/art/...e%20hair&qo=63
What she actually looks like: http://ngo-truc.deviantart.com/art/B...%20hair&qo=176

Sven:
What rumors say he's like: http://robbvision.deviantart.com/art...%20troll&qo=11
What those who look up to him say he's like: http://sumerky.deviantart.com/art/Tr...r%20troll&qo=4
What he actually looks like: http://jonik9i.deviantart.com/art/Tr...r%20troll&qo=7

Last edited by ABlipinTime : 07-10-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:36 PM
The night is mine

Okay, here's my villain.

Name: Pierce Landon/ Lance
Appearance: Dark brown hair, black eyes/ Blue-black hair that goes way down his back in a long ponytail, with gold eyes
Race: Elven
Weapon/Power: Weapon, longsword
Personality: he's somewhat cruel, as well as a tease. In the game, it is rumored that he serves a dark purpose...
Gear: black leather jacket with black jeans.

okay, there's my villain.

sure, rock, that sounds fine by me.

I like your new character, blip. A cave troll....this should be interesting.

Infinite

My answer:
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Just a blip in time

I'm still debating on a fourth character for a villain. I'm thinking a fiery phoenix. Dragons are overused.
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
The Karakuri Samurai

Originally posted by ABlipinTime (post: 1575970):
I'm still debating on a fourth character for a villain. I'm thinking a fiery phoenix. Dragons are overused.

o.o/ I volunteer to be a dragon! Lol I'll try to get around to submitting my characters in the near future - I'll try and make at least one tonight ^^

@)}~`,~
Thank you, for all you do for us.
Unread 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM
The Karakuri Samurai

Name: Dustin Lance - "Lance [the Dragon Ninja]"

Appearance: Dustin - 5'6". Blonde-haired and blue-eyed (yeah, he's that kinda guy). Wears a white button-down shirt, and black jeans. Also carries a pair of white-rimmed reading glasses, though most of his friends believe that they're just for show.
Lance - http://www.cardshark.com/Images/Yugi...ORCS-EN084.jpg (with a single streak of jet-black in his hair, and minus the ghostly-looking dragon XP )

Race: Dragon Changeling (can transform into a white dragon - as seen in picture - to attack his foes.)

Weapon/Power: As mentioned above, he can transform into a ferocious white dragon to attack his foes. However, I was wondering if he could also either channel his powers while still in human form, or be allowed to carry standard ninja tools of the trade - shuriken, kunai, smoke-bombs - the likes. I'll leave it at his transformation ability if it's not allowed ^^;

Personality: Dustin - Calm and collected, he thoroughly thinks through each situation before making his move. Lance - Polar opposite. Hot-headed is the best description for him - he never thinks before he acts, and it often gets him into trouble. He also has a tendancy to overuse his powers, causing destruction and mayhem every time his temper flares up.

How Long: 2 years.

@)}~`,~
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Just a blip in time

Welcome aboard, Micheal!

As for the weapon thing: I'm not a mod, but I think it'd be appropriate if characters pick up weapons along their journey, so even if you don't get to start with a weapon, you won't be harmless for the duration of the story. (As you may have noticed, two of my characters are unarmed).
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:14 PM
The night is mine

Originally posted by Michael Lance (post: 1575999):
Name: Dustin Lance - "Lance [the Dragon Ninja]"

Appearance: Dustin - 5'6". Blonde-haired and blue-eyed (yeah, he's that kinda guy). Wears a white button-down shirt, and black jeans. Also carries a pair of white-rimmed reading glasses, though most of his friends believe that they're just for show.
Lance - http://www.cardshark.com/Images/Yugi...ORCS-EN084.jpg (with a single streak of jet-black in his hair, and minus the ghostly-looking dragon XP )

Race: Dragon Changeling (can transform into a white dragon - as seen in picture - to attack his foes.)

Weapon/Power: As mentioned above, he can transform into a ferocious white dragon to attack his foes. However, I was wondering if he could also either channel his powers while still in human form, or be allowed to carry standard ninja tools of the trade - shuriken, kunai, smoke-bombs - the likes. I'll leave it at his transformation ability if it's not allowed ^^;

Personality: Dustin - Calm and collected, he thoroughly thinks through each situation before making his move. Lance - Polar opposite. Hot-headed is the best description for him - he never thinks before he acts, and it often gets him into trouble. He also has a tendancy to overuse his powers, causing destruction and mayhem every time his temper flares up.

How Long: 2 years.

Originally posted by ABlipinTime (post: 1576013):
Welcome aboard, Micheal!

As for the weapon thing: I'm not a mod, but I think it'd be appropriate if characters pick up weapons along their journey, so even if you don't get to start with a weapon, you won't be harmless for the duration of the story. (As you may have noticed, two of my characters are unarmed).

Okay Michael, that's awesome! Blip's got the right idea, but seeing as how your character's been there for two years, you can add a kunai and shruriken to his arsenal. Enjoy!

Infinite

My answer:
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Dragon Empress

I can't wait for this to be accepted!

(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM
The night is mine

Originally posted by Diamond Dragon (post: 1576544):
I can't wait for this to be accepted!

I think I've got enough folks, though if anyone else wants to input another character that'll stay open. I'm trying to figure out the link now.

Infinite

My answer:
Unread 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Just a blip in time

Let the mods know you want to start things.

I do have one more idea. I was wondering if we might suggest some NPCs (non player characters) that we might encounter, just to add some action. We'd list these in this thread for your approval.
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
Unread 07-15-2012, 02:24 PM
The night is mine

Good idea, blip, but PM me those ideas, ok?

Infinite

My answer:
Unread 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
The Karakuri Samurai

hey, just wondering - when are we gettin' started, here?

@)}~`,~
Unread 07-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Just a blip in time

^ I was kinda wondering that myself, but I haven't seen Wolfsong on in a few days.
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Byronic Eccentrist

Hey. Are characters still being accepted?
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators

~**Proud member of the Sisterhood of Sisterhoos!!!**~
~ <3 ~ Carry this Heart in your sig in support of wanting to have a big heart to accept and care about everyone on CAA
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Dragon Empress

I think so, but Wolfsong seems to have dissapeared. :/

(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Unread 07-22-2012, 09:16 AM
The night is mine

Sorry guys! I haven't disappeared, my computer caught a virus!

Yes, I'm still accepting character sheets, and I'm going to PM a mod so we can finally get this going.

Sorry about keeping you all waiting.

Also, here's the NPC sheet blip sent me:

Originally posted by ABlipinTime:
> Name of NPC - This can be the "official" name, possibly followed by a unique name game players call it (maybe from some rumor or if this character is a boss).
> Race - What kind of NPC this is, whether a mecha, a dragon, or something else.
> Appearance - What it looks like.
> Type/Boss - If this is a boss or something meant to randomly spawn. Perhaps it's a guardian of treasure.
> Location - Where this creature is found. I realize that the world is your vision so this would merely be something like "around fire" or "spawns in caves" or maybe it haunts some player's castle.
> Abilities - What it can do, it's powers and weapons.
> Activity - Why players have to look out for this NPC, possibly because it may be hostile (which it may not be). This says what the NPC does to players or how it interacts with them.

Control of the NPCs:

For NPCs, they should be controlled by:
1) The person who spawns them / brings them into gameplay IF
a) The person's characters are the only ones meant to be affected.
OR
b) In cases where the NPC interacts with other player's characters, this becomes a PvP situation (player vs player) in the case of fights. (It's not necessary when the NPC is a merchant or something that does no harm to the other person's characters.)

2) The mod IF
a) The mod spawns the NPC / brings it into gameplay.
OR
b) The person (who brought the NPC into gameplay) requests the mod control it.
OR
c) The mod decides its activity is violating the game rules.

Infinite

My answer:
Unread 07-22-2012, 09:32 AM
The Karakuri Samurai

I like the layout for the NPC sheet - I may create one and submit it in the near future.

@)}~`,~
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Keep moving forward.

Main RPG thread: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1578361#post1578361

-If you have any questions about the Reviews System or would like to see a review of a series, please send me a private message!
Unread 07-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Just a blip in time

Allow me to make the first NPC.

> Name of NPC - Ghost Phoenix
> Race - White phoenix.
Appearance: Somewhat translucent. Ranges in size from pocket-size to castle size.
> Type/Boss - Recurring creature (non-boss).
> Location - Moonlit gardens.
> Abilities - Spawns and resurrects only from non-player-controlled flames.
> Activity - Steals items, especially health and armor-boosting items.
Unread 07-23-2012, 06:12 PM
The Karakuri Samurai

Well, here's an idea for a... *ahem*... "special" NPC

> Name of NPC - Gorr'on ("Emissary of Fate")

> Race - Unknown (unrevealed - he always wears a black cloak with a large hood)

> Appearance - Approximated to be about 5 feet tall, Gorr'on wears a long, black magician's cloak, with an oversized hood to hide its (I will refer to Gorr'on as an "it" until otherwise instructed by Wolfsong) face. The cloak itself has several dark blue flame shaped decals.

> Type/Boss - Gorr'on is a magician. He is a sort of Emissary for the bosses of the game.

> Location - Gorr'on appears randomly and only to certain players whose skills have been recognized as superior to other players. When it appears, it often brings a riddled message for the player to decipher, then leaves. However, it will defend itself if prompted by other players or if it is otherwise threatened.

> Abilities - Its abilities are magic-based - it channels its power through a deck of cards, on which are written spells that it would normally need to recite in order to cast, so as to be able to use magic quickly.

> Activity - Gorr'on will regularly appear to players who seek out dangerous missions, and will accept items of high monetary value in exchange for information pertaining to their current mission. Also, Gorr'on will sometimes have items that it will either sell or trade for with nearby players. And finally, if a player shows themselves worthy of gaining Gorr'on's trust, it may decide to help them for a short period of time.

@)}~`,~