ForumsPrimary Games Discussion › Borderlands 2 launch! - Gamespot score = ...

General Games Discussion has a new name! Primary Games Discussion forum is the place to discuss all matters of the gaming world, be it the platforms, latest in industry news, or even gaming music and movies!

Rules:

- Follow the Terms of Use and read the FAQ.
- Be respectful and you'll be respected in return.
- No discussion of illegal activities.
- Cross-Platform debates belong in the System Wars forum

Borderlands 2 launch! - Gamespot score = 8.5

Forum Actions
  • Level 45
    Mishima Zaibatsu
    User is Online
    Sep 17, 2012 11:29 pm GMT

borderlands_2-610x314.jpg

Gamespot review

Video review

:

Now if all this sounds familiar, well, you must have played Borderlands before. Borderlands 2 doesn't reach far beyond its predecessor's scope, but it does do almost everything better. Additions, refinements, and fixes all combine to create an appreciably improved experience, one that fully delivers on the promise of the first game. While Borderlands felt empty at times, this sequel is bursting with content and brimming with life, making it an absolutely delightful way to spend hours and hours and hours of your free time.

-Chris Watters

At long last, Borderlands 2 is finally here! Man I can't wait to play this. Going to be torture sitting through classes today...

Feel free to share your thoughts on the game!

(sorry if someone else was going to create a thread about this, didn't see one though so I thought I'd do it myself. Not meant to be a full-blown hype thread, just one for discussion).

bb

borderlands_2-610x314.jpg

Gamespot review

Video review

[QUOTE]

Now if all this sounds familiar, well, you must have played Borderlands before. Borderlands 2 doesn't reach far beyond its predecessor's scope, but it does do almost everything better. Additions, refinements, and fixes all combine to create an appreciably improved experience, one that fully delivers on the promise of the first game. While Borderlands felt empty at times, this sequel is bursting with content and brimming with life, making it an absolutely delightful way to spend hours and hours and hours of your free time.

-Chris Watters

[/QUOTE]

At long last, Borderlands 2 is finally here! Man I can't wait to play this. Going to be torture sitting through classes today...

Feel free to share your thoughts on the game!

(sorry if someone else was going to create a thread about this, didn't see one though so I thought I'd do it myself. Not meant to be a full-blown hype thread, just one for discussion).

• Level 62
    Stylish Crazy Action
    Sep 18, 2012 12:28 am GMT

Glad to see it's better than the first game. I'll pick it up when the price comes down a bit.

NN ID: Briguyb13 | 3DS FC: 1418-7019-4685

Glad to see it's better than the first game. I'll pick it up when the price comes down a bit.

• Level 62
    Stylish Crazy Action
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 3:08 am GMT

My copy will be arriving from Amazon this morning, so I'm looking forward to playing it all day!

-MM
    Former Gamespot Moderator

RPS

My copy will be arriving from Amazon this morning, so I'm looking forward to playing it all day!

• Level 64
    Easter Egg
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 3:50 am GMT

Looks great. I knew it would be; the first game is one of my favorites from this generation. I'm waiting for the full version to hit, so it's gonna be a long while before I get to play it. I'll still be reading the thread for impressions, though.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I will be picking up my preorder after all. I forgot that Gearbox was doing this:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/borderlands-2-dlc-out-october-16-6396247

This is how it should work, really. Incentivize Day One Buyers with additional content at no charge -- the exact opposite of how the rest of the idiot industry has handled it, which has been to penalize this important demographic by rewarding people who wait. Honor me and treat me right, and I'll be there on launch day every single time. Act like fvcking scoundrels and I'll wait until you make almost no money off me.

I had preordered the 360 version back when... I wonder if they'll let me switch. If not, oh well. I can fire the old bltch up for one last game besides Halo 4.

Edited on Sep 18, 2012 5:18 am GMT Edited 2 total times.

Looks great. I knew it would be; the first game is one of my favorites from this generation. I'm waiting for the full version to hit, so it's gonna be a long while before I get to play it. I'll still be reading the thread for impressions, though.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I will be picking up my preorder after all. I forgot that Gearbox was doing this:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/borderlands-2-dlc-out-october-16-6396247

This is how it should work, really. Incentivize Day One Buyers with additional content at no charge -- the exact opposite of how the rest of the idiot industry has handled it, which has been to penalize this important demographic by rewarding people who wait. Honor me and treat me right, and I'll be there on launch day every single time. Act like fvcking scoundrels and I'll wait until you make almost no money off me.

I had preordered the 360 version back when... I wonder if they'll let me switch. If not, oh well. I can fire the old bltch up for one last game besides Halo 4.

• Level 39
    Max Force
    Sep 18, 2012 4:00 am GMT

If Black Ops II scores higher than this I'm going to be pissed.

• Level 39
    Max Force
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 4:50 am GMT

I will say that gamespot's review is pretty much on the money. It's Borderlands; they didn't really change much, they just improved everything from the original. The story is already more interesting, Handsome Jack is one of those villains that are likable even though he is a jerk, the AI is smarter(not a whole lot smarter, though), the guns do seem more varied although I'm still rather early in. The enemy variety is bigger, I can tell that already. Vehicles are back, but sadly they control the same as before.

I picked the Siren, and thus far I'm having a pretty good time. I will say though, if you got tired of brown in the first game you'll breathe a sigh of relief when you start seeing colors outside of gray and white. First couple hours of the game that's about all you'll see. As much as I miss phasewalking, the phaselock is great in it's own right. Come on to a group with a bunch of enemies that has a badass in their ranks? Throw him in a bubble and dispatch the rest. On more than one occasion that has been a saving grace.

The term "overrated"? It's overrated.

I will say that gamespot's review is pretty much on the money. It's Borderlands; they didn't really change much, they just improved everything from the original. The story is already more interesting, Handsome Jack is one of those villains that are likable even though he is a jerk, the AI is smarter(not a whole lot smarter, though), the guns do seem more varied although I'm still rather early in. The enemy variety is bigger, I can tell that already. Vehicles are back, but sadly they control the same as before.

I picked the Siren, and thus far I'm having a pretty good time. I will say though, if you got tired of brown in the first game you'll breathe a sigh of relief when you start seeing colors outside of gray and white. First couple hours of the game that's about all you'll see. As much as I miss phasewalking, the phaselock is great in it's own right. Come on to a group with a bunch of enemies that has a badass in their ranks? Throw him in a bubble and dispatch the rest. On more than one occasion that has been a saving grace.

• Level 54
    Simon Says Bleed
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 5:29 am GMT

8.5 sounds about the right score.

8.5 sounds about the right score.

• Level 48
    Mr. Domino
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 5:33 am GMT

Metamania wrote:

Same here, off today so I'll be playing it the whole time.

---
    wat

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[/QUOTE]

:D Same here, off today so I'll be playing it the whole time.

• Level 41
    Thunder Force
    Sep 18, 2012 5:40 am GMT
    MikeMoose wrote:

dont even worry about it. it may or may not, but we all know which game got the most effort put into it.

----------
    FPSUnion (Founder) : HCU (Officer) : Xfire : Steam

[QUOTE="MikeMoose"]

[/QUOTE] dont even worry about it. it may or may not, but we all know which game got the most effort put into it.
  • Level 62
    Stylish Crazy Action
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 8:51 am GMT

I just got home with my copy and I'm waiting for a friend to get off work before I start playing. Borderlands 2 all day long baby!

-MM

RPS

I just got home with my copy and I'm waiting for a friend to get off work before I start playing. Borderlands 2 all day long baby!

• Level 52
    Spoony Bard
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 10:21 am GMT

Played it with my brother and had a blast. Gonna play it again right now. Steam ID is mmking9999.

Check out my first published mobile game, Tile Crusher!

PSN ID: mmking9999 | 3DS FC: 2105-8754-7747

Played it with my brother and had a blast. Gonna play it again right now. Steam ID is mmking9999.

• Level 45
    Mishima Zaibatsu
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 11:09 am GMT

Just got home and installing it now on the 360. Gamertag is Joco Dynamo if anyone is interested in playing together (promise I won't be jerk about loot).

bb

Just got home and installing it now on the 360. Gamertag is Joco Dynamo if anyone is interested in playing together (promise I won't be jerk about loot).

• Level 38
    DJ Boy
    Sep 18, 2012 1:19 pm GMT
    I didn't like BL1 as its environment was dull and barren, and the AI was pretty bad. THis game has more varied enviroments but not sure about rhe AI. If it's better, then I might get this game
    I didn't like BL1 as its environment was dull and barren, and the AI was pretty bad. THis game has more varied enviroments but not sure about rhe AI. If it's better, then I might get this game
  • Level 64
    Easter Egg
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 2:08 pm GMT
    i got it. ill check out the single player mode after i get my work done, but ill wait for a buddy to get free if it ends up like the first one where it just doesnt hold its own alone. im more into the experience of local co-op.
    i got it. ill check out the single player mode after i get my work done, but ill wait for a buddy to get free if it ends up like the first one where it just doesnt hold its own alone. im more into the experience of local co-op.
  • Level 62
    Stylish Crazy Action
    User is Online
    Sep 18, 2012 5:09 pm GMT

Been playing since three with a friend of mine and got done for a little while. I think I'm going to start up a single-player game with a Ninja class of my own here in a bit.

-MM

RPS

Been playing since three with a friend of mine and got done for a little while. I think I'm going to start up a single-player game with a Ninja class of my own here in a bit. :)

Forum Actions
ForumsPrimary Games Discussion › Borderlands 2 launch! - Gamespot score = ...