Register or Sign in

Minecraft Xbox 360 update 1.8.2. - will I have to delete my existing Minecraft world? http://t.co/zAV7qtcy
More News
WRC 3
Friday 12-Oct-2012 12:51 PM

WRC 3

Third time sucky 360  3

Forza Horizon
Friday 12-Oct-2012 8:46 AM

Forza Horizon

Xbox 360's best sim gets a brasher, brighter spin-off 360  9

Of Orcs and Men
Thursday 11-Oct-2012 1:00 PM

Of Orcs and Men

Fighting institutionalised racism is actually quite fun 360 

Fable: The Journey
Tuesday 9-Oct-2012 1:00 PM

Fable: The Journey

Cart, horse and magic spewing mittens at the ready? Albion my way 360  17

Monday 8-Oct-2012 10:45 AM

Dishonored

Arkane finally lives up to its potential 360  23

• Friday 5-Oct-2012 3:05 PM Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit Don't worry about looking clever. No-one else is XLA  1
  • Monday 1-Oct-2012 3:00 PM Resident Evil 6 A Resident Evil for all generations, or an unholy mess? 360  22
  • Tuesday 25-Sep-2012 8:00 AM Dead or Alive 5 Old dog doesn't learn any new tricks, but is still worth keeping around 360  2
  • Friday 21-Sep-2012 2:33 PM Kinect Nat Geo TV Let's learn about bears and then punch a wolf KIN 
  • Thursday 20-Sep-2012 5:00 PM FIFA 13 With PES forming strong opposition, FIFA raises its game 360  40
  • Tuesday 18-Sep-2012 4:00 AM Borderlands 2 Buckle up your badassometer, because the big guns have arrived 360  7
  • Monday 17-Sep-2012 1:05 PM F1 2012 Formula One 3.0 360  2
More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Kinect Nat Geo TV
Friday 21-Sep-2012 2:33 PM

Kinect Nat Geo TV

Let's learn about bears and then punch a wolf KIN 

More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

WRC 3

Your comments on our articles.

Third time sucky

You've got to be classy and stylish to succeed in the world of racing games. Cars are cool and sexy. People who drive sexy cars are cool. Look at Ryan Gosling in Drive. Even we have trouble keeping our bibs dry when he breezes across our screens like a long-faced deity.

... read more

WRC 3

Postby delmariachi » 12 Oct 12 1:19 pm

Wow, exceptionally harsher than I thought.. Thought the demo played quite well.. Is it partly because Forza Horizons been in reviewed that its lost points due to how good the other one is... just curious tbh..

"one wrong flick of the steering wheel and you'll be scraping your fleshy visage off the dashboard"

Erm, isn't that how rallying is? I'm assuming from the demo, its a bit more simmy compared to Dirt 3, which incidentally was awesome to be fair...

Ah well a shame really, may have a look when its reduced, in a month or so, was hoping for better things, although proper rally stages that last a bit longer would be nice in any game... Dirt 3 in that respect didn't cut it for me, despite how good it was..
delmariachi

Re: WRC 3

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Oct 12 1:24 pm

Thought the demo played quite well.. Is it partly because Forza Horizons been in reviewed that its lost points due to how good the other one is... just curious tbh..

They were reviewed by different writers, but yeah - Milestone didn't do themselves any favours by releasing this close to Horizon :(
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Re: WRC 3

Postby forester1769 » 13 Oct 12 1:41 pm

I have to say I disagree with almost everything said in this review.
For a start, the visuals in this game are leagues ahead of the visuals in the previous two releases. Admittedly, by today's standards they aren't anything particularly special, but they are perfectly acceptable.
Now, onto the handling. Play RBR, a long established rally sim, and you get a real sense of what a rally car should feel like. This game really isn't far off RBR, in terms of physics and handling. If you're left "unsatisfied" by the driving experience, you're clearly to used to the arcade style presented by the DiRT series or Forza Horizon.
In short, this is the most realistic rally game you can get on a console at this time. It is a sim, and as such is free of the gimmicky game modes you see in the DiRT titles. It gives a lot of rally fans what they want, a chance to experience what a rally car is like, and to climb their way up in the rallying world. But if you are a fan of arcade racers, then this probably isn't for you.
forester1769