Baldwin at CPAC in Washington, D.C., 2010
|Born||Stephen Andrew Baldwin
May 12, 1966
Massapequa, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer, author|
|Spouse(s)||Kennya Baldwin (1990–present)|
Stephen Andrew Baldwin (born May 12, 1966) is an American actor, director, producer and author. In film, he is known for his roles in Threesome (1994), The Usual Suspects (1995), Bio-Dome (1996), Fled (1996), The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000), and The Flyboys (2008); in television, as William F. Cody in the western show The Young Riders (1989–1992), and in reality shows, such as Celebrity Big Brother 2010. Outside of acting, he is known for being the youngest of the Baldwin brothers, and for publicly expressing his evangelical Christian faith.
 Early life
Baldwin was born in Massapequa, New York. His mother is Carol Newcomb (née Martineau, born 1930), who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1990 and had a double mastectomy. His father was Alexander Rae Baldwin, Jr., (October 1927 – April 1983), who died of lung cancer. Baldwin is the youngest brother of notable actors, Alec, Daniel and William, sometimes collectively known as the "Baldwin brothers". Baldwin was raised in a Catholic family of Irish, English, and French descent. Baldwin has two sisters, Elizabeth Keuchler (born 1955) and Jane Sasso (born 1965).
During his time at Berner High School, Baldwin was a successful opera singer. After high school, he attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. He played small roles in shows like Kate and Allie and Family Ties, before landing his first feature film role as an adult, in the 1988 film The Beast. That role led to other parts, in the 1989 films Last Exit to Brooklyn and Born on the Fourth of July, as well as the television series The Young Riders. In 1994, he appeared in Threesome, and in 1995 he landed a breakthrough role in The Usual Suspects. Baldwin's next role was in Bio-Dome (1996). In 2000, he played Barney Rubble in The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas.
In 2002, Baldwin participated in Celebrity Mole Hawaii, the first celebrity edition of The Mole. ABC broadcast the program in early 2003. Later that year he returned for Celebrity Mole Yucatán, which ABC aired in early 2004.
In August 2007, Baldwin was back on television when CMT cast him in Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge, one of nine celebrities cast. In the first episode, Baldwin was injured in a bad fall from a wooden pontoon, breaking his shoulder blade and cracking a rib. Under doctor's orders, he left the show in the second episode.
From January to March 2008, Baldwin appeared on Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice on NBC. Baldwin finished fifth out of the 14 celebrity contestants. He and Trace Adkins became friends while competing on the show. In October 2008, Baldwin appeared in the Adkins' music video, "Muddy Water".
On October 18, 2008, Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin joked with lifelong Democrat Alec Baldwin during a Saturday Night Live skit that Stephen is her "favorite Baldwin brother" because Stephen himself is a Republican.
He was a contestant on the 2009 NBC reality show, I'm a Celebrity…Get Me out of Here!. Baldwin quit the show mid-season. Lou Diamond Phillips won first place on the show. On the second episode, Baldwin baptised The Hills actor Spencer Pratt.
 Personal life
Baldwin resides in the village of Nyack, New York, with his wife, the Brazilian graphic designer Kennya Baldwin (née Deodato), whom he met in 1987 and married in 1990. The couple have two children, Alaia (born 1993) and Hailey Rhode (born 1996).[unreliable source?] His father-in-law is the Grammy Award winning Brazilian musician Eumir Deodato.
Baldwin has a tattoo on his left shoulder of the initials "HM" for Hannah Montana. He got the tattoo after making a pact with Miley Cyrus that he would be allowed to cameo on the show if he had the initials tattooed on him. He revealed the tattoo to Cyrus at a book signing in Nashville, on November 10, 2008. He never appeared on the show and has since said that he regrets getting the tattoo.
Stephen and his wife, Kennya, defaulted on paying $824,488.36 on their mortgage. Baldwin's home in Upper Grandview, (Rockland County) New York was subsequently auctioned off on June 12, 2009, after Bankers Trust Co. foreclosed on the home. Gannett News also reported that "county filings show the Baldwins owe National City Bank money for a separate mortgage and may owe tens of thousands in unpaid state and federal taxes on the property."
He filed for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition in New York, on July 21, 2009, according to a court document that says he is millions in debt. He claimed he owes more than $2.3 million and owns a New York property valued at only $1.1 million. His wife, Kennya Baldwin, also is named in the document.
In December 2010, Baldwin filed a $3.8 million lawsuit against actor Kevin Costner over oil-separating technology that was used to help solve the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. In June 2012, a jury sided with Costner and awarded Baldwin no damages.
 In religion
In September 2006, Baldwin released his book titled The Unusual Suspect, which details highlights from his personal life, career, days of drug abuse, and ultimately, his turn to becoming a born-again Christian after the 9/11 attacks. In the same year, Baldwin, Mario D'Ortenzio and Bobby Brewer founded Breakthrough Ministry, which was designed to utilize extreme sports as a ministry via arena tours, called AsSalt Tours. The tours featured extreme sports celebrities, including Christian Hosoi. In 2007, Daniel Southern joined Baldwin as president of his ministry. In late 2008, Baldwin formed a for-profit organization called Antioch Ministry, which exists "to facilitate the gifts and calling of Stephen Baldwin". In 2009, Baldwin and Southern launched a third ministry called Now More Than Ever, designed to reach enlisted men and women in the military around the world.
In 2008, Baldwin teamed up with conservative talk-radio host Kevin McCullough to put together a Saturday radio show called Baldwin/McCullough Radio. As of April 18, 2009, the show aired on 213 stations and in more than 400 cities across the US, and worldwide on Sirius 161 and XM 227. Baldwin appears weekly on the show from the broadcast studios in New York City, as well as from various locations around the US when he is traveling for other business purposes.
 In politics
In 2007, Baldwin endorsed Sam Brownback for President. After Brownback left the race, Baldwin switched his support to Mike Huckabee. Baldwin was a strong supporter of the McCain–Palin presidential ticket after Huckabee dropped out of the 2008 presidential race. That same year, Baldwin threatened to move to Canada if Barack Obama was elected, and challenged the candidate to box for charity. In June 2011, Baldwin floated the possibility of entering New York City's 2013 mayoral race as an opponent of his brother Alec Baldwin, who previously suggested that he may run himself.
 Celebrity Big Brother 2010
Baldwin was the first person to enter the Celebrity Big Brother House on January 3, 2010. The theme for this series was "Hell", with a devil head on the front door, he frequently taunted the head by saying "you're a loser". During his stay in the house he frequently read passages from the Bible to his fellow housemates. He also tried to convert eventual winner Alex Reid. He failed to win many fans and was evicted on January 22, 2010, becoming the fourth housemate to be evicted. In a three-way vote—against Ivana Trump and Sisqó—he received 50% of the public vote. After his eviction, the website restorestephenbaldwin.org, unsolicited by him, began soliciting cash donations to improve Baldwin's career.
|1988||The Beast||Anthony Golikov|
|Family Ties||Bobby||Episode: “Beyond Therapy”|
|1989–92||The Young Riders||William F. Cody|
|1989||Casualties of War||Soldier||Uncredited|
|Last Exit to Brooklyn||Sal|
|Born on the Fourth of July||Billy Vorsovich|
|1992||Crossing the Bridge||Danny Morgan|
|Posse||Jimmy J. “Little J.” Teeters|
|1994||A Simple Twist of Fate||Danny Newland|
|8 Seconds||Tuff Hedeman|
|Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle||Roger Spalding|
|New Eden||Adams||TV movie|
|1995||The Usual Suspects||McManus||Won National Board of Review Motion Pictures Award for Best Acting by an Ensemble|
|Dead Weekend||Weed||TV movie|
|Under the Hula Moon||Buzzard Wall|
|1997||Sub Down||Rick Postley||Video|
|1998||Half Baked||McGayver Smoker|
|Scarred City||John Trace|
|One Tough Cop||Bo Dietl|
|Mr. Murder||Marty Stillwater/Alfie||TV movie|
|1999||Friends & Lovers||Jon|
|The Sex Monster||Murphy|
|Absence of the Good||Caleb Barnes||TV movie|
|XChange||Clone #1/Toffler 3|
|The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas||Barney Rubble|
|Cutaway||Agent Vic Cooper|
|2001||Zebra Lounge||Jack Bauer|
|Dead Awake||Desmond Caine|
|Slap Shot 2: Breaking the Ice||Sean Linden||Video
Nominated – DVD Premiere Award for Best Actor
|Spider's Web||Clay Harding|
|2003||Silent Warnings||Cousin Joe Vossimer||Video|
|Lost Treasure||Bryan McBride|
|Scare Tactics||Himself / host||8 episodes|
|Six: The Mark Unleashed||Luke|
|Bound by Lies||Max Garrett||Short|
|The Snake King||Matt Ford||TV movie|
|Jesse Stone: Night Passage||Joe Genest||TV movie|
|Dark Storm||Daniel Gray||TV movie|
|Earthstorm||John Redding||TV movie|
|The Genius Club||Rory Johnson|
|2007||The Harpy||Jason||TV movie|
|2008||The Flyboys||Silvio Esposito|
|Shark in Venice||David Franks|
|2009||The Celebrity Apprentice||Himself||15 episodes|
|To the Wall||Mansfield|
|I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!||Himself||13 episodes|
|2010||Let the Game Begin||David Carroll|
|Celebrity Big Brother (UK)||Himself||27 episodes|
|Shoot the Duke||Max Rockinsky|
|Loving the Bad Man||McQuade|
- The 700 Club. "Stephen Baldwin: Extreme Sports Evangelist". Christian Broadcasting Network. http://www.cbn.com/700club/Guests/Bios/stephen_baldwin_063004.aspx. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
- Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Fund Inc.
- Social Security Death Index
- Helen's Alec Baldwin site-Interview, 1989
- Alec Baldwin – Juvenile Delinquency, The White House, Newsday – Newsday.com[dead link]
- Biography of Daniel Baldwin
- The Breakthrough Ministry – GlobalBTM.com
- "Stephen Baldwin: Overview". MSN. http://movies.msn.com/celebrities/celebrity/stephen-baldwin. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- Maslin, Janet (1994-04-08). "Menage a Trois With Hip Pretensions". The New York Times. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9C02E1DA173EF93BA35757C0A962958260.
- Elzey, Susan (August 10, 2007). "Reality TV vet tries his hand at rodeo". http://www.registerbee.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=DRB/MGArticle/DRB_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352327754. Retrieved 2007-08-10.
- Bauder, David (August 19, 2008). "Palin draws big ratings for 'Saturday Night Live'". http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hw7ywJw6xkvlPRxSINVIWAMIq9NAD93TUMRG0. Retrieved 2007-08-25.[dead link]
- Hamby, Peter; Hornick, Ed (August 19, 2008). "Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live'". CNN. http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/18/palin.snl/. Retrieved 2007-08-25.[dead link]
- I'm a Celebrity...Get Me out of Here!
- "The Baldwin Clan: The Other Famous Balds". http://www.angelfire.com/celeb/williambaldwin/theclan.html.
- Osang, Alexander (August 4, 2006). "God Doesn't Like Pornography: Stephen Baldwin and America's Culture War". Der Spiegel. http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,430094,00.html. Retrieved 2007-08-23.
- "Stephen Baldwin: the Gospel According to Miley". TMZ.com. November 11, 2008. http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/11/stephen-baldwin-the-gospel-according-to-miley/. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- "Stephen Baldwin: I regret my Hannah Montana tattoo". http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/810855-stephen-baldwin-i-regret-my-hannah-montana-tattoo.
- Stephen Baldwin's Foreclosed Home To Be Auctioned. CBS News. June 23, 2009. http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-501368_162-5084646.html.
- Kearney, Christine (July 21, 2009). "Actor Stephen Baldwin files for bankruptcy in NY". Reuters. Yahoo. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090721/us_nm/us_baldwin.
- Sawyer, Miranda (January 31, 2010). "Stephen Baldwin: 'Jesus or no Jesus, if my daughter started working in a strip club, I'd beat her ass'". The Guardian (London). http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/jan/31/stephen-baldwin-interview. Retrieved February 2, 2010.
- "Stephen Baldwin spills lawsuit on Kevin Costner". http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/12/23/stephen-baldwin-kevin-costner-lawsuit-bp/?hpt=T2.
- "Stephen Baldwin". http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kevin_Costner&action=edit§ion=8&editintro=Template:BLP_editintro. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- Woodland, Shannon; Ross, Scott. "Stephen Baldwin: The Jesus Freak of Hollywood". CBN, The 700 Club.
- "About Dan"
- "Antioch Ministries"
- Baldwin McCullough
- "Actor Stephen Baldwin to endorse Brownback". http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/08/actor-stephen-b.html.
- "Stephen Baldwin says he hearts Huckabee, rejects gay marriage and no longer photographs porn patrons".
- "Stephen Baldwin: Obama A 'Cultural Terrorist'"
- "Baldwin Vs Baldwin: Stephen Hints at Mayoral Run Against Alec".
- "Celebrity Big Brother 2010 contestants unveiled". BBC News. January 3, 2010. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8438720.stm. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- "Celebrity Big Brother: Stephen Baldwin now favourite to be evicted on Friday". Daily Mirror. January 20, 2010. http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebrity-big-brother-stephen-baldwin-196051. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- "Stephen Baldwin & Bailout Help – Website Set up to Raise Money". National Ledger. April 30, 2010. http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272631555.shtml. Retrieved May 5, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Stephen Baldwin|
- Stephen Baldwin at the Internet Movie Database
- Stephen Baldwin at AllRovi
- Stephen Baldwin's official website
- The Breakthrough Ministry
- Livin' It (Action Sports Ministry that Baldwin co-founded)
- Article about Baldwin's quest to close a porn store in Nyack, from Rockland Magazine
- Baldwin McCullough Radio
- Stephen Baldwin and America's Culture War An article by Alexander Osang featured in Der Spiegel, August 4, 2006
- AOL Books interview on his book The Unusual Suspect (2006)
- Video of Stephen Baldwin talking about his conversion
- Premier Christian TV interview with Stephen Baldwin about his experiences in Celebrity Big Brother house