Welcome to the Destructoid Forums.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Screw you, Birdman

PS4 - Get discussing

Let's get this thing running. No used games sucks.

[Level 7: Sentinel]

Uncharted 4 is gonna rule, for people that give a shit I just think that shit blows. But maybe the ps4 can have a quicker internet browser that would be awesome to da max.

Screw you, Birdman

Uncharted is cool, but is that really all we got? I kinda like it, but not that much. Too cinematic. We need new stuff. And less Sony.

I think Dust 514 is gonna start a new trend with videogames, and it might just become very prevalent in the next generation.

Is this the one that comes in an orb?

Screw you, Birdman

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Is this the one that comes in an orb?
    Yes.

Oh well that's why you can't put used games in it then. They won't fit.

Screw you, Birdman

Oh well that's why you can't put used games in it then. They won't fit.
    You don't know that, they might.

No I've held an orb before, I know what I'm talking about.

Screw you, Birdman

No you don't, it could be a big orb. It's an ORBIS.

Aw fuxorz.

Fifth Dimensional Admin

Sony needs to get a sequel to Talladega Nights made so they can include the blu-ray with the console at launch.

Screw you, Birdman

Is there any confirmation on blu-ray? Sony likes to release new media with each console.

Is there any confirmation on anything at all?

[Level 7: Sentinel]

No I've held an orb before, I know what I'm talking about.
    Yeah, I guess those are too small to count.

Head Robot & Destructoid Founder
    All we've really confirmed is that (1) it exists and (2) they bought Gaikai so that's more likely to be baked into PS4 than PS3. They can pretty much bake all backwards compatibility into any new console with that tech by making you re-buy all your old games ;D

I think my main concern with Sony going forward (that nobody really seems to be talking about) is that they now look to be taking a similar approach that Nintendo and, more recently, Microsoft have been heading down by trying court casual consumers. Not that that's really a bad thing in and of itself (especially when there's money to be made in it), but as I look at these things like Wonder Book and PlayStation All-Stars, the more I become worried about where Sony's resources are being put in the future.

Going into this generation, I was very excited about what Microsoft had to offer, especially when it came to games. Here's a blast from the past:

This used to be plastered on a lot of Xbox games. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Ace Combat, Tales of Vesperia. The Xbox had a library in its early days that really stood apart from Sony's, especially while Sony was still struggling to erect some big-name sellers (and also had a lot of its heavy-hitters like DMC jumping on the multi-platform ship).

The only reason I own an Xbox right now is because they offer a superior online service. The days I see that yellow sticker underneath factory sealed plastic have become sparse in number. Somewhere along the way, Microsoft began devoting more of its dollars into developing an overall casual strategy with the Kinect as its spearhead and less to either developing and publishing titles traditional publishers may be wary of, be they first party or third party. People argue that exclusives don't matter, but I tend to think much higher standards are applied to exclusives (especially if they're published by the first party) since they're being relied upon to sell systems -- they have to be top notch; too much money is banking on it. But I don't think it's a secret to anyone that the list of exclusives coming out on the 360 these last few years certainly pales in comparison to the lists of 5 or 6 years ago. There's only so much money a company can spend, only so finite a budget. If you start spending in one direction that focuses on casual markets and Kinect gimmicks, that's going to take away from the budget that's used to produce and procure AAA exclusives.

It's all just pure fucking guesses, but I have this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that Sony is heading in a direction that focuses less on quality and more on mass appeal (especially when they have burgeoning production costs to make up for at the beginning of the cycle). Which is a real shame, since I really do look at my PS3 right now as the thing I go to when I actually want to play games. If I want to be bombed with advertisements and then watch Hulu (or play online with friends without having to eat a serving of bullshit), I go to my Xbox. It seems like Sony is looking to change that equation by eliminating that distinction, or at least hopes to start moving in that direction (because we still do have games like The Last of Us that show Sony hasn't given up for the time being on spending money for new IPs).

Screw you, Birdman

Quote Originally Posted by Niero View Post
    All we've really confirmed is that (1) it exists and (2) they bought Gaikai so that's more likely to be baked into PS4 than PS3. They can pretty much bake all backwards compatibility into any new console with that tech by making you re-buy all your old games ;D
    Now that could make for a long-ass generation, no? I mean, if the system can't keep up with the requirements of more graphically intense games, they could could always just make it cloud-based.

No, they need to make it sphere based. I'm telling you Victor, I saw it in a vision from the future.

Screw you, Birdman

No, they need to make it sphere based. I'm telling you Victor, I saw it in a vision from the future.

Don't be ridonculouz. This ain't Spira.

Yes it is.

Screw you, Birdman

AIN'T