ForumsFinal Fantasy Series Discussion Forum › Where's that FF6 remake already?

Greetings! You have entered a GameSpot game board dedicated to the series.

- Follow the Terms of Use
- Conceal all plot spoilers or label discussion with spoiler alert.
- Discussions with the intent to disrupt the experience of the board will be considered a forum invasion.

Where's that FF6 remake already?

Forum Actions
  • Level 15
    Nobunaga's Ambition
    May 8, 2012 2:03 pm GMT

I think it's about damn time.

Or is the thought of another pre-3D era Final Fantasy remake sickening for most of you at this point?

I think it's about damn time.

Or is the thought of another pre-3D era Final Fantasy remake sickening for most of you at this point?

• Level 31
    Ippon!
    Jun 17, 2012 8:45 pm GMT

I have 3 and 4's ds "remakes" >_> you know fullfledged recreations... not just hd ports , and i personaly am waiting on 5 an 6's for the 3ds before i play 5 for the first tiem, and 6( again). becuase theyre awesome

I have 3 and 4's ds "remakes" >_> you know fullfledged recreations... not just hd ports :P, and i personaly am waiting on 5 an 6's for the 3ds before i play 5 for the first tiem, and 6( again). becuase theyre awesome :D

• Level 4
    Paper Boy
    Jun 26, 2012 3:50 pm GMT
    There's a ff6 GBA remake. It's just the same game but redesigned for the gba
    There's a ff6 GBA remake. It's just the same game but redesigned for the gba
  • Level 31
    Ippon!
    Jul 5, 2012 8:39 am GMT

They "Confirmed" they were working on a 3D FF5 remake a while ago, and that they would work on FF6 after it, not heard anythign about it since and that was back when FF4 DS was released.

They "Confirmed" they were working on a 3D FF5 remake a while ago, and that they would work on FF6 after it, not heard anythign about it since and that was back when FF4 DS was released.

• Level 25
    Defias Brotherhood
    Jul 28, 2012 4:18 pm GMT

I seriously don't care ... I still have my original copy of those classic and I don't want shinnier game just for the sake of better graphics. Also ... to me a big part of the charm of those classics are their 8/16 bits graphics. Simple but so much enjoyable and they had very interesting ideas at that time even if the consol was limited.

I seriously don't care ... I still have my original copy of those classic and I don't want shinnier game just for the sake of better graphics. Also ... to me a big part of the charm of those classics are their 8/16 bits graphics. Simple but so much enjoyable and they had very interesting ideas at that time even if the consol was limited.

• Level 8
    Quad Damage
    Aug 2, 2012 7:38 am GMT

Coco_pierrot wrote:

I must say that I completely agree. Same goes for FF7, since a remake of that gets a lot of attention as well. Why try and fix what isn't broken? These games are classics and should remain as such in our memories.

[QUOTE="Coco_pierrot"]

[/QUOTE]

I must say that I completely agree. Same goes for FF7, since a remake of that gets a lot of attention as well. Why try and fix what isn't broken? These games are classics and should remain as such in our memories.

• Level 11
    Atomic Punk
    User is Online
    Sep 1, 2012 6:22 pm GMT

its true that these games are classics and they dont need to be remade but at the same time it would be really cool to see these older games in more modern graphics

its true that these games are classics and they dont need to be remade but at the same time it would be really cool to see these older games in more modern graphics

• Level 5
    Tapper
    Sep 2, 2012 12:24 pm GMT

^^^ True dat. I agree whole heartedly on the subject from both sides. YES it is a classic but wih todays technology (we've all seen advent children) how awesome would it be to see cloud and sephiroth fight each other in the final battle at the end of disc 3????

OMNISLASH!!!!

^^^ True dat. I agree whole heartedly on the subject from both sides. YES it is a classic but wih todays technology (we've all seen advent children) how awesome would it be to see cloud and sephiroth fight each other in the final battle at the end of disc 3????

OMNISLASH!!!!

• Level 5
    Tapper
    Sep 2, 2012 12:24 pm GMT

OMNISLASH!!!!

OMNISLASH!!!!

• Level 5
    Tapper
    Sep 2, 2012 12:26 pm GMT

^^^ True dat. I agree whole heartedly on the subject from both sides. YES it is a classic but with todays technology (we've all seen advent children) how awesome would it be to see cloud and sephiroth fight each other in the final battle at the end of disc 3????

OMNISLASH!!!!

^^^ True dat. I agree whole heartedly on the subject from both sides. YES it is a classic but with todays technology (we've all seen advent children) how awesome would it be to see cloud and sephiroth fight each other in the final battle at the end of disc 3????

OMNISLASH!!!!

• Level 3
    Mediator
    Oct 5, 2012 10:21 pm GMT
    I don't think there would be as much talk about remakes if most people were satisfied with today's titles. Square-Enix has already mentioned that it would take them 2 to 3 times longer to remake the older games using today's best technology. So, with today's titles we're pretty much getting about 1/3 to 1/2 of what we used to get, and what we could be getting right now. Personally, I'd prefer they take the time needed to make the games as vast as possible. Also, I don't think it would take them so incredibly long to make the games if they would just stop spreading themselves so thin by working on multiple projects at once. The numbered series is the core of the franchise. I say if you don't have enough people, cut the projects in half and always make that next numbered ff game top priority. Then, there would probably be way fewer requests for remakes. All Square-Enix would have to do is keep making the previous games available via download.
    I don't think there would be as much talk about remakes if most people were satisfied with today's titles. Square-Enix has already mentioned that it would take them 2 to 3 times longer to remake the older games using today's best technology. So, with today's titles we're pretty much getting about 1/3 to 1/2 of what we used to get, and what we could be getting right now. Personally, I'd prefer they take the time needed to make the games as vast as possible. Also, I don't think it would take them so incredibly long to make the games if they would just stop spreading themselves so thin by working on multiple projects at once. The numbered series is the core of the franchise. I say if you don't have enough people, cut the projects in half and always make that next numbered ff game top priority. Then, there would probably be way fewer requests for remakes. All Square-Enix would have to do is keep making the previous games available via download.
Forum Actions
ForumsFinal Fantasy Series Discussion Forum › Where's that FF6 remake already?