That's a wrap! AnnaLynne McCord and Jessica Lowndes lead the way as the cast of 90210 say a final farewell to the teen drama

By Louise Saunders

|

It's built up a loyal following of fans over its five series and has made stars of the likes of AnnaLynne McCord and Jessica Lowndes since first hitting screens back in 2008.

But the cast of 90210 came together to bid a final farewell to the CW teen drama with a fun-filled wrap party on Sunday night. 

Emotional: Shenae Grimes looked close to tears as she took to the microphone, while being comforted by co-star pal AnnaLynne McCord

Emotional: Shenae Grimes looked close to tears as she took to the microphone, while being comforted by co-star pal AnnaLynne McCord

That's a wrap! 90210 stars Michael Steger, AnnaLynne McCord, Shenae Grimes, Tristan Wilds, Jessica Stroup, Jessica Lowndes and Matt Lanter paid a final farewell to the show after five series

That's a wrap! 90210 stars Michael Steger, AnnaLynne McCord, Shenae Grimes, Tristan Wilds, Jessica Stroup, Jessica Lowndes and Matt Lanter paid a final farewell to the show after five series

After filming their exit scenes for the show last week, the stars toasted the end of the fifth season with a chilled-out bash as they reflected upon their memories of the past four years.

Despite being out of their long-standing jobs, the cast seemed in good spirits as they posed for a final photograph together.

Surrounded by bottles of vodka, cupcakes and a massive chocolate cake reading 'Thank you for 5 wonderful seasons', the gang certainly seemed to be in the mood to party.

Each taking it in turns to make a speech at the DJ booth, all the stars looked happy and nostalgic as they reflected on their memories of the show throughout its five dramatic series.

Feeling nostalgic: The cast seemed in good spirits as they gathered around to reflect on their memories of the show

Feeling nostalgic: The cast seemed in good spirits as they gathered around to reflect on their memories of the show

Fresh-faced: The cast have come a long way since landing their roles in the show back in 2008

Fresh-faced: The cast have come a long way since landing their roles in the show back in 2008

Shenae Grimes, who played troubled teen Annie Wilson, looked close to tears as she took to the microphone, with AnnaLynne McCord wrapping a reassuring arm around her as they cuddled up for one last time.

But rather than make the bash a sombre occasion, AnnaLynne embraced the spirit of her party girl 90210 alter-ego Naomi Clark by boogying up a storm in the DJ booth.

The 25-year-old actress showed off her slim figure in a black sheer mesh top, which paraded a glimpse of toned midriff, and skinny jeans - while accessorising with a studded belt and a statement necklace.

Naomi would be proud: The 25-year-old actress partied up a storm as she toasted the end of the CW teen drama alongside her co-stars

Naomi would be proud: The 25-year-old actress partied up a storm as she toasted the end of the CW teen drama alongside her co-stars

Doing them proud: The cast applauded as Tristan Wilds took to the microphone to make a touching speech

Doing them proud: The cast applauded as Tristan Wilds took to the microphone to make a touching speech

Jessica Stroup and Jessica Lowndes - who play Erin Silver and Adrianna Tate-Duncan respectively - opted for very similar outfits, teaming simple white sheer blouses with black skinny jeans as they waved goodbye to the show that had made them stars.

Although she was saying farewell to her alter-ego for good, Lowndes looked happier than ever - perhaps revelling in being in the first throws of a new romance after being linked to British model Kelly Brook's ex-boyfriend Thom Evans over the weekend.

Meanwhile, it would appear a speech made by Tristan Wilds went down a storm, with all of the cast applauding as he took to the microphone.

It was announced last week that 90210 will come to an end on May 13, with TV Line reporting that ratings had slipped from a million viewers to under 600,000.

In tune: Jessica Stroup and Jessica Lowndes opted for very similar outfits, teaming simple white sleeveless blouses with black skinny jeans as they waved goodbye to the show that had made them stars

In tune: Jessica Stroup and Jessica Lowndes opted for very similar outfits, teaming simple white sleeveless blouses with black skinny jeans as they waved goodbye to the show that had made them stars

Here come the boys: Michael Steger, Tristan Wilds and Matt Lanter looked emotional as they remembered their last four years working on the hit show

Here come the boys: Michael Steger, Tristan Wilds and Matt Lanter looked emotional as they remembered their last four years working on the hit show

Over the weekend, the cast were spotted filming their final scenes on location in Los Angeles, with the stars spotted posing for a number of keepsafe snaps together.

Upon hearing the news the show would not be renewed for a sixth season, Jessica Stroup took to Twitter to thank fans for their support over the years.

She wrote: 'Oh Silver, our time has come to an end but you are a part of me forever. Thanks to the fans who have been along for the ride, all my love.'

The final farewell: Rather than make the bash a sombre occasion, the cast seemed in good spirits as they took in turns to remember the show

The final farewell: Rather than make the bash a sombre occasion, the cast seemed in good spirits as they took in turns to remember the show

Cool customers: Michael Steger and AnnaLynne McCord made for a stylish pair as they posed together at the Los Angeles bash

Cool customers: Michael Steger and AnnaLynne McCord made for a stylish pair as they posed together at the Los Angeles bash

Actor Trevor Donovan, who plays Teddy Montgomery in the show, tweeted: 'Very grateful I had the opportunity to play a meaningful character,... who just happened to be gay xo #ThanksForTheMemories.'

Jessica Lowndes added: 'I feel very blessed that I had the opportunity to play Adrianna these past 5 seasons. Thank you for your endless support. I love you guys xo.

'To my amazing cast, I have LOVED working with each and every one of you. I'm excited to see what you all do next! I expect great things. xo.'

Taking the lead: AnnaLynne showed off her slim figure in a black sheer mesh top, which paraded a glimpse of toned midriff, and skinny jeans

Taking the lead: AnnaLynne showed off her slim figure in a black sheer mesh top, which paraded a glimpse of toned midriff, and skinny jeans

Even former Beverly Hills 90210 star Jason Priestly chipped in with a sympathetic tweet, writing: 'The CW's 90210 to end after five seasons. Lasted half as long as the original...Not bad guys...'

The show was a reboot of the 1990s hit show Beverly Hills 90210 which starred the likes of  Priestly, Shannon Doherty and Jennie Garth and lasted ten seasons.

In the same vein as Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill, the last show will likely be paired with a retrospective of the drama, and in the final season, fans can look forward to a guest appearance from Michael Jackson's son Prince and a performance from newly reunited band Fall Out Boy.

Bye bye, Adrianna and Liam: Jessica Lowndes and Matt Lanter seemed happy and relaxed as they said a final farewell to their dramatic 90210 characters

Bye bye, Adrianna and Liam: Jessica Lowndes and Matt Lanter seemed happy and relaxed as they said a final farewell to their dramatic 90210 characters

Prince is reported to be guest starring in the final episode as Cooper, a trauma victim Erin Silver bonds with.

Announcing the end of the show, CW president Mark Pedowitz said in a statement: 'The CW has had five great seasons with America's favourite zip code, 90210.

'I'd like to thank the talented cast, producers, and crew for all their hard work and dedication to the series. We are very proud of the West Beverly High alumni.'

The new generation: Despite not being original cast members, 90210 stars Abbie Cobb, Lyndon Smith, Riley Smith and Josh Zuckerman were on hand to wave a final farewell

The new generation: Despite not being original cast members, 90210 stars Abbie Cobb, Lyndon Smith, Riley Smith and Josh Zuckerman were on hand to wave a final farewell

The comments below have not been moderated.

Matt Lanter - I love you! I'm going to miss 90210!

Click to rate     Rating   4

Pretty people party.

Click to rate     Rating   5

Matt Lanter was brilliant in the Twilight spoof, I hope he goes on to films. To be fair the majority of them are good actors so would like to see them go on and have successful careers.

Click to rate     Rating   10

as if any of them would eat those cupcakes and cake)))

Click to rate     Rating   26

oh my goodness DM, how will you ever fill the space that use to be used for DAILY updates on Anna Lynne's costume changes???

Click to rate     Rating   26

No where near as good as the original!!!

Click to rate     Rating   14

i'm pretty sure michael streger is in his 30s hahaha

Click to rate     Rating   17

I feel old, as I clicked on this to see if any of the original cast were there, but no. I know none of these people, btu I'm glad the revivial of the show meant as much to the new generation as the 1990s version did to us!

Click to rate     Rating   21

Thank you for including Matt Lanter pictures! Sad to see the end of 90210 :(

Click to rate     Rating   54

i love this show :( So sad its going :(

Click to rate     Rating   47

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

You have 1000 characters left.
Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules.
For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy.
Terms