Dr. Ravi Kaushik
Ph. D. (2011), Computer Science, CUNY Graduate Center, New York
Currently working with the Risk R&D Capabilities team at American Express, WFC, NY.
Big Data analytics with structured and unstructured datasets (Text mining, complex network analytics) R, Python, Hadoop
Training datasets with Machine learning algorithms including clustering, neural net and classification algorithms
Full-fledged Software development (C++/Python) in Client-Server architecture for financial applications
Stochastic modeling and non-linear optimization
Implementation of Mode-based Histogram Morphology (MHM) algorithm, a noise removal technique for RGB-D frames.
Processing XML data in python
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Non-linear optimization
- Financial Software Engineering
- Algorithm design and development
- Real-Time Pose Estimation with RGB-D Camera
Ivan Dryanovski, William Morris, Ravi Kaushik, Jizhong Xiao , MFI 2012
- Accelerated Patch-based Plane Clustering of Range Images Acquired in Indoor environments for Robot Mapping.
Kaushik, Ravi; Xiao, Jizhong; Journal of Robotics and Autonomous systems, Elsevier, 2012
- Polygon-based 3D scan registration with dual-robots in structured indoor environments.
Kaushik, Ravi; Xiao, Jizhong; Joseph, Samleo L.; Morris, William; International Journal of Robotics and Automation., ACTA Press, Vol 27(1), pp. 101-123, 2012.
- Polygon-based laser scan registration by heterogeneous robots
Kaushik, Ravi; Xiao, Jizhong; Joseph, Samleo L.; Morris, William; 2010 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), Tianjin, China, 2010 , Page(s): 1618 - 1623
- Fast planar clustering and polygon extraction from noisy range images acquired in indoor environments
Kaushik, Ravi; Xiao, Jizhong ; Joseph, Samleo L. ; Morris, William; Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA), 2010 International Conference on 4-7 Aug. 2010, Xi'an, China. Page(s):483 - 488
- 3D Laser scan registration of dual-robot system using vision
Kaushik, Ravi; Xiao, Jizhong; Morris, William;Zhu, Zhigang; Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2009. IROS 2009. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on 10-15 Oct. 2009 Page(s):4148-4153
- Learning to stabilize the head of a quadrupedal robot with an artificial vestibular system
Marcinkiewicz, Marek; Kaushik, Ravi; Labutov, Igor; Parsons, Simon; Raphan, Theodore; Robotics and Automation, 2009. ICRA '09. IEEE International Conference on 12-17 May 2009 Page(s):2512 - 2517
- 3D map construction using heterogeneous robots
Kaushik, Ravi; Feng, Yi; Morris, William; Xiao, Jizhong; Zhu, Zhigang; Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, 2008. ICARCV 2008. 10th International Conference on 17-20 Dec. 2008 Page(s):1230 - 1235
- Combining linear vestibulo-ocular and opto-kinetic reflex in a humanoid robot
Labutov, Igor; Kaushik, Ravi; Marcinkiewicz, Marek; Xiao, Jizhong; Parsons, Simon; Raphan, Theodore; Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, 2008. ICARCV 2008. 10th International Conference on 17-20 Dec. 2008 Page(s):132 - 137
- Implementation of Bio-Inspired Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex in a Quadrupedal Robot
Kaushik, Ravi; Marcinkiewicz, Marek; Xiao, Jizhong; Parsons, Simon; Raphan, Theodore; Robotics and Automation, 2007 IEEE International Conference on 10-14 April 2007 Page(s):4861 - 4866
- Vision-aided scan registration with multiple heterogeneous robots.
Kaushik, Ravi; Xiao, Jizhong; Robotica Journal, Cambridge University Press (under review)