|Workshops||Jun 7-8, 2012|
06/04/2012: The conference papers are available at http://aclweb.org/anthology-new/N/N12/
06/03/2012: Welcome to NAACL-HLT 2012! Enjoy your conference!
05/11/2012: The results of the student research workshop survey on reviewing practices are available.
05/11/2012: Our negotiated Conference discount rate expired today at 5pm EDT. While the hotel is almost sold out, a few Club Level rooms are still available at a discounted rate of $280 per night based on availability. See Accomodation for more details.
Technical Program now available.
NAACL HLT 2012 wishes to announce the following Best Paper Awards:
Best Full Paper Award: Vine Pruning for Efficient Multi-Pass Dependency Parsing,
Best Short Paper Award: Trait-Based Hypothesis Selection For Machine Translation,
IBM Best Student Paper Award: Cross-lingual Word Clusters for Direct Transfer of Linguistic Structure,
Congratulations to all of the recipients!
04/17/2012: Abstracts of tutorials available.
04/09/2012: Invited Talks for NAACL HLT 2012 posted.
03/22/2012: Registration for NAACL HLT 2012 is now open!
03/20/2012: Please take a minute to participate in a survey on reviewing practices. The results will be presented at the panel discussion of the student workshop.
03/05/2012: List of accepted tutorials available.
02/20/2012: If you require an invitation letter for a visa applications, please see our updated visa information
02/07/2012: Please note that the website listed an incorrect link for demo submissions. The correct address is https://www.softconf.com/naaclhlt2012/NAACL-DEMO2012/.
A schedule for the workshops as well as links to their respective START submission sites are now available at the workshop page.
01/19/2012: We are excited to announce that the conference on semantics *SEM will be collocated with NAACL-HLT. It will take place on the 7-8th of June. More information can be found on the website http://ixa2.si.ehu.es/starsem/.
Associated with *SEM is the SemEval 2012 semantic evaluation workshop, which will also be collocated with NAACL-HLT. See http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/semeval-2012/ for more information on the task.
01/15/2012: Please note: the tail end of the conference will overlap with people coming in for the Montréal Grand Prix Formula 1 race (Jun 10). This could make hotel space a bit tight, so if you are going to the workshops, you might want to book early.
01/09/2012: Thanks to the first sponsors!
01/06/2012: Paper submission closed.
12/28/2011: Because of confusion about the submission process, we have updated the instructions in the paper templates. The main impact of the change is to clarify in the instructions that NAACL will use a double-blind review process, so authors should remove any identifying information from their papers before submission. The templates themselves have not changed. Please see the Downloads page for more information.
12/23/2011: The following workshops have been accepted:
- Language in Social Media
- Speech and Language Processing for Assistive Technologies
- The 7th Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications
- Automatic Knowledge Base Construction / Workshop on Web-scale Knowledge Extraction
- From Words to Actions: Semantic Interpretation in an Actionable Context
- Future directions and needs in the Spoken Dialog Community: Tools and Data
- Twelfth Meeting of the ACL-SIGMORPHON Computational Research in Phonetics, Phonology, and Morphology
- Cognitive Modeling and Computational Linguistics (CMCL)
- Evaluation metrics and system comparison for automatic summarization
- Predicting and improving text readability for target reader populations
- BioNLP 2012
- SANCL - Syntactic Analysis of Non-Canonical Language
- Workshop on Induction of Linguistic Structure
- Computational Linguistics for Literature
- Will We Ever Really Replace the N-gram Model? On the Future of Language Modeling for HL
- Seventh Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation (WMT12)
12/21/2011: LaTex and Word templates for papers can be downloaded here.
12/07/2011: Call for Demos
10/27/2011: Change in joint submission policy: ACL 2012 and NAACL 2012 will not allow double submission of papers. See Multiple Submission policy section.
Also: Please DO NOT submit the same paper in long and short paper form.
10/24/2011: Student Workshop Call for Papers
10/12/2011: Call for Tutorial Proposals
9/27/2011: Call for Workshop Proposals
8/30/2011: Call for Papers for NAACL HLT 2012