As reported in today’s New York Times, since the start of this recession, men have suffered 82 percent of the nations job losses. Net: for the first time in US history women are poised to hold more jobs than men.
The collapsing number of male jobs in the increasingly female-centric economy just adds to the already harsher impact of OverSuccess on males:
· Women now earn 58 percent of college degrees and 61 percent of masters degrees, slight majority of advanced degrees … to become 6/10 by middle of next decade.
· For the first time, as of 2005, median annual earnings for never-married, childless women and men aged 25-44 were statistically identical. Census data. Smaller female paychecks caused by child rearing responsibilities, which continue to and will always fall more heavily on women until we reengineer brains.
· Full time women earnings up 33% since 1972, down for average male (up only for top 20% of males). Census data.
- Women already outnumber men in management, professional, and related occupations.
- Men are charged with 82 percent of violent crimes and 89 percent of murders, women with 53 percent of embezzlements and 45 percent of frauds.
- Over the period 1974 to 2000, 71 percent of school shooters—all of them were males—had been previously bullied, persecuted, or physically injured.
- Over the last century, between 75 and 85 percent of the world’s serial killers were American and 90 percent were men. Serial killing victimization rates exploded by about 35 times between the 1950s and 1980s.
Bottom line: the collaborative, flexible, amorphously-hierarchical American economy is shutting out ordinary men who were once the nation’s breadwinners in living-wage labor and manufacturing jobs. Because status success is more vital to the male psychology, males are falling over the edge in increasing numbers.