Quantcast
Aggravated Assualt during traffic stop Glynn County Police? - Georgia Packing Forum
Georgia Flag GeorgiaPacking.org

Keeping You Informed about Georgia Gun Laws

GeorgiaPacking.org Logo
Donate to GPDO!

Firearm Discussion

News, Guns, Bills, Laws, and the Georgia Firearm License

Go Back   Georgia Packing Forum > General Discussion > LEO Encounters

Old 12-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65
Default Aggravated Assualt during traffic stop Glynn County Police?

this is vid links from my brothers traffic stop a month or so ago. Officers Mason and Nolen(primary officer) there is some language so it might be NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/user/hievery1policehateme

supposedly he was very belligerent(according to the county commissioner) seems pretty calm and peaceful to me.
rmodel65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
mathar1

PLEASE tell me this asshat is being sued!!! Guys like him are the reason people don't trust officers.

mathar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

the written incident report and video dont even match. officer mason was the officer that tried messed with me at dennys
Old 12-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #4
kkennett

So this stop is in Georgia? Where in the hell does "You are required to notify this officer if you have that gun," come from? Uhhh, no, you are required to do no such thing. "Do me a favor and step out of the car, or I'll shoot you." Fabulous public relations. For a tail light? I daresay my wife in a minivan with three small kids in the back and a burned out tail light would not have received this same treatment. This together with the 90 degree gangsta hold of the weapon by the officer on the driver's door does not come across as particularly professional, notwithstanding being factually incorrect.

I am a bit disappointed that your brother hesitates and is ambiguous when asked for consent to search. An emphatic, "No you may not search not my car, and if you do so involuntarily, I would like for you to state which exception to the warrant requirement you believe applies right here, together with your particularized suspicions, as opposed to the fact that you don't particularly care for young white boys in tricked-out pickup trucks," would be nice.

On a more serious note, this video and a million more like it exemplifies the gap between the 'reasonable person' and the actual happenings on the street. In handcuffs for no crime, after being forcibly removed from the car at gunpoint, and this young person is supposed to make a reasoned judgment regarding his constitutional rights and voluntary searches. Officer friendly says, "Do you have a problem if I search your car?" That frames everything in terms of problems, offense to him, and agitation of officials who have just pointed guns at you. He could have instead tried, "May I have your consent to search your vehicle?" Or, if he really wanted to protect and serve, "You have a right at this point to refuse, however, I would like to search your vehicle. May I have your permission." I know this is sounding like a rant and the folks that LEOs deal with aren't always reasonable people like me, but seriously, how confrontational and obnoxious is "Do you have a problem?" The real situation is, "I have a problem in that I would like to search your vehicle, however, at present, it would be a constitutional violation until and unless I am able to intimidate you into agreeing to the search."
kkennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
Jk30265

only on fourth video.... several no-no's.... who said he could search the truck, pretty sure he was told no.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

they claim an over the counter Tylenol was the RAS, also a bag of corn starch that was under the seat out of view(in the incident report is claimed to have been observed) but in the vid you can hear him when he actually finds it.

also they claim he moved his hand, then in the video the officer tells him if he had moved his hand. the report has holes the video doesnt fill.

they ran the numbers in violation of the jones decision etc.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
Jk30265

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmodel65
they claim an over the counter Tylenol was the RAS, also a bag of corn starch that was under the seat out of view(in the incident report is claimed to have been observed) but in the vid you can hear him when he actually finds it.

also they claim he moved his hand, then in the video the officer tells him if he had moved his hand. the report has holes the video doesnt fill.

they ran the numbers in violation of the jones decision etc.
A blue pill isn't RAS with no other contributing factors... for all they knew it was his ticket to the matrix.... these guys definitely need some training down there.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Jk30265

Difference in what they say on the radio about what they told his brother and what they actually said on the roadside.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #9
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

he received an apology that was about 3 pages long. i like the officers comment about why he is messed with by the police
Old 12-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
Jk30265

This the same guy that was arrested for "obstruction" a couple weeks ago?