Some of the topics discussed in this premiere edition of The Gillmor Gang:
- Mesh networks: What are the applications? (Doc has a "mess" network
- Can IBM survive their second 100 years?
- How has JBoss affected the application-server market?
- Must IT be strategic for every company?
- How does open source support do-it-yourself (DIY) IT?
- Web services: success or disappointment?
- How are Internet businesses changing IT?
- Amazon's web services generate more revenue than expected.
- Google reinvented search and advertising, but what's their real business?
- How do these companies leverage their customers?
- How do the strategies of one company force strategic changes by their competitors?
- pricing? componentization? licensing?
- Sun and Microsoft: an alliance or just détente?