none
Need fix for Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

Question

•  

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!

Program:C:/Program/Serato/ScratchLIVE/ScratchLIVE.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I'm using 32 bit version of Vista and an external drive.

I have also posted on the software manufacturer sight as well

http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=103045#1320814

Any help anyone can give me is appreciated

Friday, October 31, 2008 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Mostly, this kinds of error can be caused by two factors:

1.Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries are missing.

2.Software problem.

If the issue is caused by #1, you can reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

If the issue still persists after installing above package, the issue should be a software problem. I suggest you take a clean boot check whether it is a software conflict issue. If not, it is still recommended to address the problem with manufacturer support. Thank you for your understanding.

For your convenience:

Clean Boot

=============================

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Hope it helps.

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

2.Software problem.

If the issue is caused by #1, you can reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

If the issue still persists after installing above package, the issue should be a software problem. I suggest you take a clean boot check whether it is a software conflict issue. If not, it is still recommended to address the problem with manufacturer support. Thank you for your understanding.

For your convenience:

Clean Boot

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Hope it helps.

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:46 AM
  • Am running xp pro and having the same problem.

Runtime wont even let me install the suggested downloaded program and clean booting hasnt helped.

Any other suggestions ?
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:58 PM
  • Did you ever get a solution for the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error?  I am experiencing the same thing after I installed HP printer software.  When my computer is turned off and I turn it back on, the error occurs numerous times and I am having trouble returning back to my desk top screen.  Please let me know where to get help?

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 2:51 PM
  • I need a solution for the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error?  I am experiencing the error after I installed HP printer software.  When my computer is turned off and I turn it back on, the error occurs numerous times and I am having trouble returning back to my desk top screen.  I X out of it numerous times and it keeps coming back.  It can take up to an hour to get to my desktop screen.  Please help?
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 2:54 PM
  • Hello.  I am having this problem also with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error.  Any solutions yet?  Please.  My error pops up when I try to go online.  I am sending this from work!  Thank you.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:51 AM
  • No success yet.  I only experience the error when I shut down/re-start or reboot my pc.  It takes many attempts of selecting the red x to get rid of it.  Its very frustrating.

Susan
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:27 PM
  • I have this problem with Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error. I don't know how to stop it. It's take me tired all a week and definnitely i can't play game. I want to ask how to fix this problem
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:34 AM
  • Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Error at 44% installing World of Warcraft WotLK?

My specs are XP Home Demesion 2350, Pen 4, 1.80Ghz, 2 GB of Ram, Nvida GForce 8400 GS Graphics Card, 250gig HD (upgraded from a 30gigHD), 400 watt power supply.(upgraded a bit of hardware ;)
    I had it installed once , but did a reformat and tryed installing it again thats when i got these errors first it was update errors and then it moved to the 44% into the installation runtime error , tryed everything the wow site said called a dozen techs at Blizzard tell me to do what i already tryed, or this might not have anything to do with it but i upgraded my power supply from 200 to 400 watt before i tryed installing it ever since then i been getting those errors but again its a power supply i hardly dought that the power supply is causing the errors , but please id like to get anyones help if anyone knows a trick or had the same prob plz let me know , and again i tryed everything like installing frameworks 3.5 sp1 and that other one and updateing the windows till theres nothing to update , reformated, updated drivers. like i sayed everything and a hole lot more but please let me know if any of you have a trick or two up your sleeves TY GUYS!!
    • <abbr title="2009-12-24 11:00:15">2 weeks ago</abbr>
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:29 AM
  • Hi This is Alice McMiller I. Need to know If you can Disconfigurate the RnuTime Library
    Because it slows me down form doing what I need to do.So can you,help me ? If you can thank you so much.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:42 PM
  • Is It is very Frustrating I don't Know were It came form.
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:55 PM
  • well i fixed mine when i got it on my game World Of Warcraft WotLK i couldnt install because at 44% at install this runtime error would pop up and terminate the process so instead of using the games company (Blizzard) downloader .exe on there site i just went to a torrent site and downloaded another of the same game (preferably an older version but i think it doesn't matter) and it worked! no runtime error!
    so you guys prob with any software or issue is coming from the source so just download or get another of what your getting the error from so if you get an error from photoshop then get another photoshop but sometimes the issue can be resolved from downloading Framework sp1 3.5 or other framework apps you can google more, and at some point you will hit gold like me :)
    hope it helps ;)
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:33 PM
  • It's work for me. Thx.....

after installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and then do the next step....

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:44 AM
  • hey thanks for the help but i tried both of these steps and neither of them seemed to work...i dont suppose you have any other tips?
    Monday, August 09, 2010 10:38 AM
  • hey thanks for the help but i tried both of these steps and neither of them seemed to work...i dont suppose you have any other tips?

Tips :

1. U must to know whats application which having problem... If u don't know it. Try to restore or uninstall from begining when the error come.

2. If u know it, Try to know that application use for. Then fix it with Robinson Zhang Tips...

3. If problem can't be solved even u know this application error. Try to contact your support application... Tell your problem.

Hope it's can help u.....

Thursday, August 19, 2010 6:46 PM
  • thanks zhang.. all that was needed to be done was to reinstall the runtime components... I am now back on track.
    Friday, September 24, 2010 6:27 AM
  • Thanks Problem Solved in my case was using msconfig.
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 6:43 PM
  • Vista runtime errors can be caused by memory issues, conflicts between two running programs, programming errors, and malware such as computer viruses and spyware. Troubleshooting runtime errors involves addressing each of these potential root causes.

Sometimes, you need to check if your computer has sufficient memory and meets at least the minimum requirements for Microsoft Visual C++.

You may also want to get the latest update from the software manufacturer.  

In addition, scan your PC and see if its a malware that's been causing all the trouble.You will need to invest in a reliable and strong anti-spyware solution to ensure your PC is well protected.

If all else fail, try to update Vista as well, and what's good about this OS is its problem reports and solution feature. Take advantage of that.. If unsure what to do, follow this more detailed procedure in dealing with runtime error vista.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:02 AM
  • I had experienced the same problem. I had done all suggested solutions but nothing happened. Then I tried system restore. What you need to do is open your system restore and create a restore point. At least 7 days back. Choose a restore point from there. It worked for me. Hope it will work for you as well.
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Hai

I having windows 7 ultimate-i having problem when i open Action voip.It says microsoft visual c++ error. Pls can u help me  to remove this error

:-((

Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:38 PM
  • Wow, i messed with this all day, but after I read you ""Clean Boot" post, i tried it and it came up normally.  Thanks for posting that.  I'm wondering what issues I will have by hiding all microsoft services and by clicking disable all on the Services Tab and the Start up Tab? any ideas?
    Friday, March 18, 2011 2:16 AM
  • what website did you use for your torrent download
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:02 PM
  • your CLEAN BOOT option is turning out to be the real deal for my windows 7 Home Basic !!!! :)
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:01 PM
  • The Same Exact thing happened to me & I had an idea that it was a recent application that I installed so I uninstalled the app I thought it was and retried it & the error has been gone ever since. 

So I'm a 100% sure that its a recent application you installed is corrupted. 

I see you asked this question 3 years ago but it didn't seem like you got a 100% right answer so I responded anyway bra...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Mix Craft 5 can't run on me.!!!
    RUNTIME ERROR occurs also.!!
    R600 RUN TIME ERROR!!!
    As same as on you!
    WHAT SHOULD I DO???
    PLS, HELP me!!!
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:12 AM
  • Hello All, I am getting the same Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library Error message when attempting to re-install my wireless router. I've tried scanning my laptop with the Super Anti Spyware software , creating a new user account and running a clean boot with no success. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am running out of ideas and patience as I have been working on this issue for 3 days now. Someone please help. Thanks.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

This Runtime Library Error keeps popping up every time I open a file folder in my Documents area & other Folders on my computer. My computer is Win Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2 and 32-Bit operating system. Also, I will like to know if I upgrade to Win 7, will it take away this Runtime Error that I'm having on Vista?

Your help will be deeply appreciated...........

Monday, June 04, 2012 4:39 AM
  • Date at the top of this page is 5 yrs old!

Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:31 PM
  • windows media player
    Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Hi,

2.Software problem.

For your convenience:

Clean Boot

Hope it helps.

thanks for the help man! you help me a lot!
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:07 AM
  • http://serato.com/   Is usualy C++ exeption.

1-st Try conect to Serato team ...

Chek you Internet wire...Unlug and Plug in ... C++ love some experiment on Nice mashines ...

If http://serato.com/  DJ   team dont follow you request ...

TERMINATE programme and use anothere Mixer ...

Usualy DJ teams have Perfect PC and if they dont responce you mean that :

1-st you must try anothere craft : like rave or electro that you love mix for or

2-d http://serato.com/ team dont use C++ and you can Attacking them again and again to full

Bible force

Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:21 PM
  • One of Inovations products of Microsoft VISTA ...

It more secure then XP ...

But free that give full controll of it unstoptable ...

Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:35 PM
  • I had a similar problem, if you can give me a day or two I have the notes on how to avoid this issue! But I'll have to dig! I do remember that it was something about running NAT on the wireless PC which was incompatible with an adjustment, I made earlier on the second, PC which was just LAN.

Please have a little patience as I'm dealing with a problem that is damaging my registry moving and deleting files as well as locking out controls or offering "fake" .chm's ! And having to use a boot disk to boot 10% of the time!

I won't forget as I know what it's like! I've spent 5-12 hours a day on this since December! Going Insane!

psylosyfer@ hotmail.com     Ray. P

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:58 PM
  • In our case, we turned off the option "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" in Folder Options. A support representative told us the problem was caused by a Windows Update, but he didn't specify which one and I have not been able to find out which by searching the internet. Here is the procedure:

1) Open Folder Options
    Windows XP: Click Start - Control Panel - Appearance and Themes - Folder Options (or Open My Computer and click View - Folder Options)
    Windows 7: Click Start - Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization - Folder Options (or Open Computer, click Alt and click View - Folder Options)
    2) Click the View tab
    3) Uncheck "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" and click OK

Friday, February 22, 2013 5:48 PM
  • I am having this problem in my XP professional. Whenever I switch on or reboot my PC a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error dialog box comes up everytime half a minute or so. What to do it delays my reboot time & startup time of my PC. What to do in XP?
    Friday, May 31, 2013 4:39 AM