- Frito-Lay introduces Go Snacks, canisters that truly go anywhere.
- Gatorade introduces new Gatorade ICE in three flavors- Orange, Lime and Strawberry.
- Tropicana Pure Premium announces sponsorship of Disney's award-winning show The
- Tropicana® Pure Premium® introduces 14-oz. single-serve resealable bottle
you can take with you for the on-the-go- consumers.
- Diet Pepsi has a new look.
- "Mr. Green," a green-tinted carbonated soft drink with caffeine and ginseng, is
launched under SoBe's New Age beverage line in April.
- The North American Coffee Partnership (NACP), a joint venture between Starbucks
Coffee Company and PepsiCo, Inc. introduces Starbucks Doubleshot.
- Quaker Oatmeal this year celebrates the 125th anniversary of the nation's number-one-choice
for a nutritious, hot breakfast cereal.
- Gatorade turns 35. It was created in 1960s to help performance of Florida Gators
football team and now is the leading sport drink.
- New line of Gatorade brand drinks, Xtremo, comes in three new flavors - Mango, Tropical
- PepsiCo and Kenneth Cooper, M.D., M.P.H., of Cooper Concepts Inc. (CCI), a division
of the renowned Cooper Aerobics Center in Dallas, TX enter into an agreement to
promote nutrition, fitness and wellness.
- Dole Beverages enters chilled orange juice business as it launches five new flavors
- Aquafina debuts new line of great-tasting enhanced waters. Aquafina Essentials target
active, health-conscious adults in four lightly sweetened varieties including B-Power,
Calcium+, Daily C and Multi-V in 20-oz. bottles.
- PepsiCo reorganizes to unite all North American beverage operations, including Pepsi-Cola,
Tropicana and Gatorade, into one new division -- PepsiCo Beverages and Foods North
- PepsiCo announces $5 billion share repurchase program.
- Starbucks unveils white vanilla and coconut crème Frappuccino.
- Tropicana has new ad campaign for Tropicana Pure Premium Healthy Kids - TV spots
designed to capture the essence of children's needs.
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods launches Ultra Smoothies made with Tropicana juices.
- PepsiCo publishes Health and Wellness Philosophy. (on pepsico.com)
- Frito-Lay announces it is eliminating trans fats from Doritos, Tostitos, and Cheetos.
- Frito-Lay announces plans to introduce Lay's Reduced Fat chips and Cheetos Reduced
- Quaker's Nutrition for Women team has developed a Food Guide Pyramid for Women as
well as an online nutritional assessment.
- Brand Pepsi has a new look.
- Beyonce Knowles has joined the Pepsi family and will collaborate with Pepsi two
new TV commercials, radio, and Internet ads.
- PepsiCo introduces Marathon Kids, a program that encourages kids and their families
to be more physically active. The program debuts in Dallas, TX.
- Tropicana introduces a new campaign with the tag line "So pure. So alive. Tropicana
- Tropicana Pure Premium and Quaker Oatmeal launch the Heart and Soul Mates Support
Network featuring nutrition tips, motivational messages and coaching advice, to
help consumers turn healthy habits into life-long changes.