The Scholarship Program is funded by the Jerry and Carolyn Davee Fund, and is available to burn survivors in our region.
The vast majority of young burn survivors are from lower income households and this program is designed to help those young burn survivors receive the assistance they need to live fulfilling, productive lives. Scholarships will be awarded to eligible children to help further their education.
Consider the following when filling out the application:
- Mail completed application to the Burn Institute at 8825 Aero Drive, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92123-2269. Keep a personal file copy.
- Please type or use a computer to write your essay questions. If you must write, make it legible.
- Attach a copy of your completed Student Aid Report if you have one.
- Attach a copy of other scholarships/financial aid that you are applying for or have already received. Please include amount received.
- Attach an estimate of tuition fees, room and board fees, and other estimated fees for the year.
- Please provide two letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- Attach all completed essay questions with completed application. Please limit response to one page per question.
- As part of the scholarship award process, students selected as semi-finalists will be required to participate in an interview process with the Selection Committee. Selected students will be notified as to the date, time, and location of the interview.
- The Selection Committee may request additional information prior to or during the interview.
- Must be a burn survivor.
- Must be a resident of San Diego, Imperial, Riverside, San Bernardino, or Orange County and/or have participated in any programs offered by the Burn Institute.
- Must be able to demonstrate a significant financial need in order to receive the scholarship.
- No high school or GED needed in order to apply for this scholarship unless the educational institution selected by the applicant requires it.
- Must be 17 years or older.
- Must be able to maintain a 3.0 grade point average or the equivalent while receiving assistance through the Davee Scholarship Fund.
For more information: