The DCCC picks up spending as Election Day nearsBy Ryan Sibley Oct 07 2010 5:18 p.m. 1 comment
In just three days, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has spent nearly $7 million in independent expenditures—doubling their spending in this arena to $14 million. On Monday, it was reported that the DCCC had spent only $7 million in IEs for the entire election cycle to support its party's attempt to maintain power in congress.
In total, 43 republicans running for the House and Senate were opposed by the DCCC. The money bought TV, radio, print and internet ads to promote thier agenda.
Search the Blog
Real Time Ticker
Reporting we're watching
- OpenSecrets: Millionaire Freshmen Make Congress Even Wealthier
- OpenSecrets: Koch-Connected Group Revealed as Major Funder of CPPR, Other Dark Money Groups
- Sunlight Foundation: The Impact of Opening Up Crime Data
- Sunlight Foundation: Today in #OpenGov 9/12/2013
- OpenSecrets: Big-Name Tech Firms Pushing to Save Helium