Graceland

• Please log in to reply

468 replies to this topic

JustaPerson

JustaPerson

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:05 PM

Trailer

I'm kinda (okay more of completely) in love with Aaron Tveit so I'll definitely try this. Plus, I like White Collar (both shows have the same creator, Jeff Eastin) though I don't watch it much anymore.

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

Thanks for posting the trailer JustaPerson. There are more scenes in this one. Looks interesting. I will give it a try. Curious why you don't watch White Collar much anymore? I still watch it, but it is different nowadays.
Jeff Eastin did a great pilot for WC, so I am hopeful that the Graceland pilot will be good too. Saw Aaron Tzeit in Les Miserables and was impressed. Seems like a good cast.

Misslindsey

Misslindsey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:14 PM

I'm kinda (okay more of completely) in love with Aaron Tveit so I'll definitely try this. Plus, I like White Collar (both shows have the same creator, Jeff Eastin) though I don't watch it much anymore.

I am in your boat. I love me some Aaron Tveit (I am a Broadway fangirl), but I am not really a White Collar fan anymore. I still love the main cast, but would really hate to see my Aaron Tveit go down that same route. Of course, I will check it out though. I do hope that it might make more people aware of the awesomeness of Aaron Tveit.

JustaPerson

JustaPerson

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 2:06 AM

Misslindsey, first of all I love how you only refer to him in his full name, but I'm torn; on one hand I want everyone to know how amazing he is, but on the other I want him to just belong to us B-way fangirls. Plus, tv means the inevitable sex scene and I really don't want to see that.

nyrose, not sure why I don't watch anymore, my crush on Matt Bomer (and love for Mozzie!) is still going strong, but I just don't feel like watching anymore

Edited by JustaPerson, Mar 20, 2013 @ 2:23 AM.

Sayaka

Sayaka

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 7:22 AM

I still don't get what the show is about...so agents of different agency's are living together, all using aliases...and then? What's the point?????

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 8:28 AM

Here is a link to an interview with Jeff Eastin about what Graceland is all about. It is based on a true story. I tend to like undercover themes and so I want to check it out. I also like cons and stings and that is why I always was drawn to White Collar.

http://collider.com/...land-interview/

Ailiana

Ailiana

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 5:34 AM

I have been watching the promos on USA for weeks now and am ridiculously excited to see this show. Is there a firmer start date than "Summer 2013"?

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:00 AM

Ailiana, I haven't seen an actual date yet either. The premise looks interesting.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 11:42 AM

I've been seeing the trailers for this a lot, lately. On one hand, the cast makes me want to see it. Aaron Tveit was awesome in Les Miserables (he and Samantha Barks outdid a lot of the more famous stars in that film), and I'm curious to see him in another role. Also looks like the supporting cast is pretty cool, with Daniel Sunjata, Brandon Jay McLaren (an alumni of my favorite guilty pleasure, Harper's Island, plus poor doomed Jamil in Falling Skies), and Serinda Swan (Erica from my beloved Breakout Kings, sniff!) And I'm pretty sure I saw Jay Karnes in one of the trailers, which is always a welcome sight. I'm more mixed on Vanessa Ferlito, who seems to be the female lead, but it's not a deal-breaker.

On the other hand, there is the Jeff Eastin factor. I loved early White Collar, but it has become a pale shell of it's former self, and from all accounts I read, the majority of the blame is all on him and his choices/decisions. It sure has hell isn't the cast' fault; Tim DeKay, Matt Bomer, etc. are the ones barely making it watchable. So, I already worry that this will start out great, but then he'll run it off the rails.

Overall, I'm leaning towards giving it a shot, but preparing for a chance it could go south. And, I swear, if I even hear of a possibility of Hilarie Burton showing up, I'm abandoning ship with a quickness.

Edited by thuganomics85, Mar 21, 2013 @ 11:44 AM.

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 6:45 PM

Aaron Tveit was awesome in Les Miserables (he and Samantha Barks outdid a lot of the more famous stars in that film), and I'm curious to see him in another role

thuganomics85 I absolutely loved them in Les Miserables. I think it was the first time I had seen either of these actors.

I do hope that Graceland will stay on course, especially if I like the pilot and get interested. I am still a White Collar fan, but the addition of Hilarie Burton's character has lessened my enjoyment through the seasons. Fast forwarding is so necessary in many of the episodes upon rewatch. I must admit WC has one of the best pilots, so I am hopeful for Graceland.

I really can't say I am familiar with any of this cast outside of Aaron Tveit, which was recent. I find it interesting that Jeff Eastin's lead actors in both of his shows are wonderful singers.

Edited by nyrose, Mar 21, 2013 @ 6:50 PM.

JustaPerson

JustaPerson

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 7:14 PM

I suppose I'm an Aaron Tveit "hipster" or so the internet likes to say; loving him before he was in Les Miserables, back when he was mostly just a theater actor, or so that's what people call us on the interweb. I do hope he goes back to Broadway soon, which he has said he plans to do. And I hope this show doesn't suck. I find myself tiring of some USA shows after a while and I hope this isn't one of them.

Edited by JustaPerson, Apr 3, 2013 @ 9:49 PM.

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 11:15 PM

JustaPerson checked out a couple of youtube videos with Aaron T. in "Catch Me If You Can". Thought he was very good. I am wondering how he will like doing a tv series. Wonder if one of his undercover personalities will be a singer. That would be interesting.

JustaPerson

JustaPerson

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 11:22 PM

Have you seen his stuff for Next to Normal? His solo. The show is pretty great too

I was totally thinking the same thing! It would be a great excuse for him to sing, anyway

An interview where he talks about Graceland

Edited by JustaPerson, Mar 22, 2013 @ 12:22 AM.

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 12:27 AM

Well I'm hoping if the Miss Saigon film ever gets off the ground that Aaron Tveit is cast as Chris. He'd be absolutely lovely. He also was one of the best parts of the Oscars performance of Les Miz.

I guess I'm an Aaron Tveit 'hipster' too, though I don't really like that terminology.

I also have reservations about Eastin. White Collar got boring after a while, and I quit during the "Nazi loot" subplot which I thought was handled in poor taste.

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 11:11 AM

Thank you for those links JustaPerson. From listening to his interview, Aaron T. seems like a really down to earth kind of guy. Reminds me alot of Matt Bomer. To Jeff Eastin's credit he picks very talented, and personable leads for his shows.

MzTeaze

MzTeaze

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 12:30 PM

USA has been playing the sneak peak to build up this show for a long while now...so I'm game. I will definitely check this out.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 2:32 PM

I'm more mixed on Vanessa Ferlito, who seems to be the female lead, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Ferlito is thisclose to being a deal-breaker for me, so I'm torn. I'll probably watch the first few eps, since Eastin is pretty good at establishing the premise of a show.

But seriously, if Hilary Burton shows up, I'm done. She ruined White Collar. I don't understand Eastin's infatuation/obsession with her at. all.

MzTeaze

MzTeaze

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 4:47 PM

But seriously, if Hilary Burton shows up, I'm done. She ruined White Collar. I don't understand Eastin's infatuation/obsession with her at. all.

She has her own show to worry about for now. Read here

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 3:15 PM

Watching USA tonight and they advertised Graceland to premiere in June.

Aaron Tzeit article. http://www.broadway....rt-at-54-below/

Edited by nyrose, Mar 28, 2013 @ 3:17 PM.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 3:58 PM

I'm up to my arse in crime shows, but I'm kinda looking forward to this one. I like Aaron T, too. He reminds me of the actor who played one of the cops on a now gone show....where the two cops had to go to marriage counseling?

Re White Collar. Yeah, it got boring all of a sudden.

Ailiana

Ailiana

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 8:07 PM

where the two cops had to go to marriage counseling?

Common Law. And I hope Graceland lasts longer than it did, since it was a one season show. I did enjoy it though. And the actor I think you are thinking of is Warren Kole. Very nice. And currently one of the limited bright spots on The Following.

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 10:46 PM

I think that Common Law had potential, it was settling in so to speak as the season progressed, and I liked it more and more, and thought the leads Ealy and Kole were good as well as the therapist (Penny from Lost, I forgot her name) So I do agree and hope that the network will give Graceland a fair shake for the first season. Seems to be some really good talent in this one. Looking forward to a good summer show.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 12:44 PM

Premiere Date: looks like Thursday, June 6 at 10 p.m., following Burn Notice. Burn Notice is still one of USA's top-rated shows, so it will have a good lead-in, and judging from the previews, I think these two could fit well together.

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 3:23 PM

Thanks for posting the premiere date thuganomics85, looking forward to the pilot episode. Seems to have some talented actors in it.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 12:51 PM

She has her own show to worry about for now. Read here

How is this woman still getting work? Per that link she's also guest starring on a fairly popular show for sweeps. I.don't.get.her.at.all. I agree, if she shows up on Graceland, I'd stop after seeing what she's done on White Collar!

I think that Common Law had potential, it was settling in so to speak as the season progressed, and I liked it more and more, and thought the leads Ealy and Kole were good as well as the therapist (Penny from Lost, I forgot her name) So I do agree and hope that the network will give Graceland a fair shake for the first season. Seems to be some really good talent in this one. Looking forward to a good summer show.

I was kind of surprised at how quickly USA pulled the plug on this one, it was a fun show and the leads had great chemistry. I also am hopeful they give Graceland more of a chance. That said, it does make me wonder if I should bother getting hooked on another USA show. ESP. with Jeff Eastin as show runner, given how he's taken a great show, with fabulous cast and turned it into near dreck.

Sayaka

Sayaka

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 3:18 PM

White Collar is not THAT bad....HB withstanding, I think this is mostly the usual "multiple season" aches. Every TV show has some sort of quality curve. The one of White Collar peaked fairly early, but season 4 had some episodes which had a really nice season 1 feeling.

What bothers me more is that Graceland, so far, looks a little bit like White Collar 1.2. Cons (which are called heists in this case), a partnership fraud with mistrust, two people who learn from each other....it's even set where White Collar originally was suppose to play. And given JE perchant for adding barely dress woman whenever possible (something he couldn't do that much in White Collar, but when he did, it was often bad), I have a really, really bad feeling. Plus, I don't think that they can repeat the nearly perfect casting of White Collar.

nyrose

nyrose

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 4:34 PM

I think the biggest difference with this show is that the cast are ALL law enforcement, from different agencies. They are all undercover agents who are supposed to have one place to be themselves, their home Graceland.

Being that Graceland has the ensemble cast to start with, it will be different than White Collar. My hope is that WC will go back to more Neal and Peter dynamics, and the witty conman but Jeff Eastin has stated he isn't done with Neal and Sara yet, sigh :( or Mozzie special episodes. Maybe Graceland will stick with it's original premise, but we will have to see.

I do think White Collar has more potential if they truly get back to basics. I am willing to give Graceland a shot. I am glad that it has the Burn Notice lead in too. I always disliked that White Collar always had the repeats of Law and Order SVU.

Ailiana

Ailiana

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

Despite the creator, it really feels more like Burn Notice than White Collar to me. I'm really hoping that it's got some of the charm and joy that Burn Notice had in its earlier seasons, though I know they are pitching this as being a bit darker than most USA shows. Of course, that's still not actually DARK, it's more like a cloudy day than actual darkness. And maybe Easton is wanting something different from White Collar. I still watch White Collar but not all that attentively, and I never miss Burn Notice, so I'm definitely hoping a houseful of spies is more like the burned spy than the conman.

Sayaka

Sayaka

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 3:59 AM

To me it looks like a mix out of White Collar (Mentor relationship with distrust and heists), Suits (the "experienced" is teaching the "young talent") and Burn Notice (spies and weapons).

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 2:08 AM

USA network unveils a sneak peek of Graceland for two weeks exclusively On Demand

And if you're on the fence about whether this show will have any eye candy, check out this gif