CEREBRAL DOWNER after the Supermarionation splendour of CAPTAIN SCARLET. Speccy twat Joe Maclaine gets into a spinning wicker basket thing (called “The Big Rat”, for fuck’s sake) which then enables him to download “expert knowledge” so he can join MI5-style agency WIM, become top international blonde superspy, fight crime and dispense derring-do. A flop, all told, not least thanks to there being no demented vehicles with gadgetry a-plenty, plus episode titles like “International Concerto”, “The Unorthodox Shepherd” and “Business Holiday”.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Great title for this programme, which surely sums up his cheerful approach to music. It dates back to 1983 where he performs many of the hits we’ll hear about in the new documentary that precedes the show, which also looks at his incredibly successful songwriting career.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '11) “A fantastic thing is going to happen!”', Richard16378 says: "Unlike the other Chris Evans shows I didn’t watch this much, but I remember it’s being big..."
- In 'Juggernaut', Matt says: "Ah, you’re a clever man, Juggernaut."
- In '11) “A fantastic thing is going to happen!”', Your Nan says: "Never saw the attraction of shows like this myself. If there’s one thing more annoying than an..."
- In 'The not-quite-late-enough shows', Richard16378 says: "OK I see, Mark Evaniner’s site http://www.newsfromme.com/ has some good comments on the situation. One being that Conan..."
- In 'Dumbo ', Lawrence Broome says: "Hi, I found your page via google due to the Tags regarding Anita Harria at Chessington Zoo! I’m looking for an old TV advert for Chessington Zoo..."