1. What makes [property] a unique experience for guests? We have a private cay exclusively for our guests, and have just 9 accommodations, with over 40 staff, so it’s like having your own private island.
2. Can you explain what makes [property] appealing to travelers as a vacation destination? We are located on the beautiful island of Roatan, famous for its incredible diving, which is part of the 2nd largest barrier reef system in the world, great for snorkeling as well. The resort amenities includes a 5 Star PADI dive shop, spa services, and gourmet dining.
3. Are there any “must-try” dishes or drinks at the resort that guests should order? Without a doubt, the ‘Barefoot La-La’ is the drink to try: a creamy concoction of Baileys, Kahlua, Vodka and Cocolopez. From the menu, the poached lobster is delicious, followed by a decadent molton lava cake.
4. What are the three things about your property that guests may not know?
1. Each accommodation has a name- the oceanview ones are named after aquatic life, and the beachfront ones have names of colours in Spanish. 2. The resort has a pet, a parrot named Chaccarron that loves peanuts. 3. We have started a reef propagation project, with reef balls in our house reef, part of our continuing conservation endeavors. Guests can make a donation and have a plaque with their name put on one of the reef balls.
5. Can you take me through what a guests stay would be like and what an average day might entail in terms of activities, etc? Awake to birds singing out your window, roll out of the ultra-comfy Heavenly bed, and head to the poolside dining area for a delicious breakfast and coffee. If you’re a diver, the rest of the day is easy to decide: let our dive staff pamper you with valet diving: we do the work, you have the fun. Dives go out at 8:30, 10:30 and 2. Afterward, stake a claim on a hammock, and enjoy a chilly drink while you relax before dinner. Not a diver? In the morning, take a kayak to explore the surrounding waters. Bring along your snorkel gear, and pop in here and there to check out the vibrant life beneath the surface. Head back to the resort, enjoy some lunch in the breezy lookout lounge, maybe indulge in a couples massage at the palapa over the water. After dinner, relax on your balcony or porch with a book, enjoying the clear, star-studded sky, and the light Caribbean breeze.
6. Have you had any notable guests or celebrities visit that you can share? As we are known for our privacy and seclusion, we don’t disclose names of guests, past of present. Our resort includes marina space that has accommodated many mega-yachts, up to 170 feet in length.
7. What elements about your property are truly luxurious?
The service: staff outnumber guests by at least 2:1
The privacy: private cay, private restaurant, an intimate escape
The beds: Heavenly beds with high-quality linens and goose down pillows
The dive operation: with our valet service, our staff takes care of preparing your gear, rinsing it and putting it away when you’re done, so all you have to do is hope in
8. What advice do you have for guests who are staying at your resort?
Leave behind half of what you were planning to pack, you won’t need it. If you can, book an extra week, as you won’t want to go home.
9. What is the best time to travel to [property]?
May is my favourite month: it’s sunny and warm with a light breeze, not to hot, generally dry. The busiest months of the year have passed: that’s never a problem at the resort, as we have only 9 accommodations, but if you’re exploring around Roatan, you’ll appreciate that the peak season for cruise ships and winter vacationers has passed.