It's Wicked Fun Website
RegisterSearchSmartFeedEvent CalendarFAQMembersCabalsPhoogle MapDonateLog in

Support Those Who Support Its Wicked Fun! 

TROPIC OF FEAR! Home-made HrC set
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    HorrorClix - I.W.F. Forum Index » The Workshop View previous topic
View next topic
TROPIC OF FEAR! Home-made HrC set
BLG
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post TROPIC OF FEAR! Home-made HrC set Reply with quote
Get ready for sun, sand... and screams! Feel the chill of fear in the tropical heat as you dodge voodoo curses on Caribbean islands, explore lost Aztec temples, stalk strange cryptids in the Louisiana bayou, and grapple with man-eating plants in the Yucatan! This is definitely going to be a vacation to die for!

¡Hola! and welcome to Tropic of Fear, the fifth (yikes!) in my series of "if I were the HorrorClix lead designer" 60-figure fantasy sets. Following the gritty "urban hell" setting of Dark Streets, I thought that a tropical vacation was in order- hence this sets' focus on the Gulf of Mexico and surrounding environs. This was an interesting challenge, using a "tropical paradise" as a springboard for violent horror. I hope you like the results...

If you have followed my previous sets, you know the drill: I try to make the Commons mostly "horde"-type monsters, to make duplicates more desirable. As with all of my home-made sets, the point values are just "guesstimates". Let me know if any of 'em seem out of whack.

THE CURSED CABAL- With this sets' Caribbean setting, I thought it would be fun to include some of the undead pirates from the Pirates of the Cursed Seas pocketmodel game (I had already included a couple PotCS characters in my second home-made set, TerrorAsia). The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of adding the PotCS faction The Cursed as a new Cabal in the HorrorClix universe. Hence, there will be one member of The Cursed in each frequency; their running color text would indicate that the sea-devil Davey Jones is angry, and he has stirred the damned souls of The Cursed from their centuries-long slumber to serve as tools of his vengeance in the modern world.

-COMMON-

1. WHITE CREW Undead, Skeleton
This is the skeleton of a long-dead pirate, his bleached bones clad in the tattered remains of his buccaneering clothes, clutching a rusty cutlass. As the PotCS entry reads: "The White Crew relish the opportunity to rip flesh from bone no matter where it is found, so infused are they with Sammy the Skull’s hatred and venom."
Range: 0/
Plot Twists: +0
M:
05-04-03-02-05-X
A:08-08-07-06-08-X Teamwork (Pack)*
D:15-14-13-10-12-X Bony (Stamina)
D:01-01-01-01-01-X Cutlass (Savagery) / Drown**
-Swimming Movement
-THE CURSED CABAL

*For each friendly monster of the same type adjacent to the same opponent, modify this monster's Attack value by +1.
**Damage inflicted to non-Swimming monsters that occupy Water terrain is Penetrating damage.

2. VAMPIRE BATS Beast, Vermin
These flying vermin are native to Central and South America, but it wasn't long after Europeans encountered them that they became fixtures in Western supernatural lore. The mini- would show a "cloud" of tiny interconnected bats mounted on a flying post. The Hourglasses in its dial would represent the swarm dispersing and re-grouping.
M:08-07-H-07-06
-X Swirling Mass*
A:08-07-H-07-06-X
D:18-17-H-16-15-X Dodge
D:01-01-H-01-01-X Vampiric
-Flying Movement
*This monster automatically breaks away from opposing monsters.

3. FIELD ZOMBIE Undead, Zombie
"No, my friend, no, no. There are only too many true cases. At this very moment, in the moonlight, there are zombies working on this island, less than two hours' ride from my own habitation. We know about them, but we do not dare to interfere so long as our own dead are left unmolested. If you will ride with me tomorrow night, yes, I will show you dead men working in the cane fields."
-W.B. Seabrook, The Magic Island, 1929

Seabrook's book, detailing his experiences with voodoo in Haiti, was a huge hit in its day, and introduced the term "zombie" into the American vocabulary. It served as the inspiration for classic movies like White Zombie (1932) and I Walked With A Zombie (1943), as well as turkeys like Zombies On Broadway (1945). Then the popularity of the zombie went into decline, until George Romero gave them a modern, flesh-eating make-over in 1968's Night Of The Living Dead; and the rest is history. With this sets' Caribbean setting, I thought it would be cool to return to the original concept of the zombie: a hapless corpse raised from the dead to toil on behalf of an evil sorcerer. The miniature of this monster would depict a lean, shirtless man in tattered pants, a machete held in one hand. It would have a blank expression, with it's mouth sewn shut- tasting salt breaks the curse and allows zombies to remember their previous life...
M:04-04-03-H
-03-X Horde*
A:08-07-06-H-07-X
D:13-13-12-10-13-X Doesn't Bleed (Stamina)
D:01-01-01-H-01-X Machete (Ferocity)
*Up to three monsters of the same type may be moved as a single action, provided they begin and end their movement in a contiguous formation, and do not exceed the movement value of the slowest member of the group; mark only one of them with an Action Token. Monsters using Horde movement may not Frenzy or kill Victims.

4. PARASITE VINES Plant, Mutant
As the environment rapidly deteriorates, species must adapt or perish- resulting in a sharp increase in genetic mutations, among both animals and plants. We humans tend to think of plants as being passive and peaceful, but in truth they are among the most vicious and cruel of all living things, not hesitating to kill even their own offspring... This monster is a plant that has become very aggressive in pursuing fertilizer. Like you would expect of a plant, it is extremely slow, making it useful primarily in a "guard" role, such as blocking enemies' approaches in "capture the flag" scenarios.
Range: 2//
M:02-02-02-02
-02-X Sprawling*
A:08-08-07-07-06-X Long Tendrils**
D:14-14-14-13-12-X Hidden Roots (Phantom)
D:02-02-02-01-01-X Blood-Drain (Vampiric)
*Opposing monsters treat Clear Terrain squares adjacent to this monster as Hindering Terrain.
**This monster has the Reach ability of a giant monster.

5. AZTEC MUMMY Undead, Aztec
The dessicated remains of an ancient Aztec, roused from its long slumber by the violation of its sacred resting place. The miniature would depict a mummified body with sunken eye sockets and lips pulled back from its teeth in a rictus grimace, clad in a mouldering Aztec tunic. It would be stalking forward with arms outstretched.
M:04-04-04
-04-03-02-X Iron Grip (Trap)
A:09-09-08-08-07-06-X Rampage
D:14-14-14-13-12-10-X Ancient (Invulnerable) / Crumble Into Dust*
D:03-03-02-02-02-01-X
*If this monster is killed by an attack made while this power is showing, all adjacent monsters- friendly and enemy- gain an Action Token if they currently have 0-1 Action Tokens.

6. TREASURE HUNTER Guardian, Vigilante
Many people come to the Caribbean hoping to find sunken treasure and strike it rich. This figure is a skin-diver, with a diving mask and snorkel, armed with a speargun. The miniature would be posed with one foot propped on a Spanish Main-era treasure chest.
Range: 4/
M:06-05-04
-03-X Snorkel (Submerge)*
A:09-08-07-06-X Hunter (vs Aquatic)
D:15-14-13-12-X
D:01-01-01-01-X Speargun (Accuracy) / Out Of Ammo (No Ranged Attack)
-Swimming Movement
*Lines of sight to this monster are considered blocked if it occupies water terrain.

7. LOA SPIRITS Spirit, Faerie, Elemental
One aspect of Caribbean voodoo is the attempt to influence the material world by invoking the favor of the loas, invisible spirit-beings that serve as intermediaries between mortals and gods. They can be called upon to provide either help or harm- hence this monster can choose to either Kill or Rescue Victims. This monster would be represented by a smoke-like wisp shape with small faces peering out, cast in transparent plastic.
Plot Twists: +1
M:07-06-05-04
-03-X Haunt / We Were Here First (Clear Mind)
A:09-09-08-07-06-X Possession / Clutch (Trap)
D:16-15-14-13-12-X Invisible / Puppet (Focus)
D:00-00-00-00-00-X Spirit Intervention* / Uncanny Strength (Savagery)
*As per Perplex in HeroClix.
Continuous Power(s): Loa Dance- If this monster kills/ rescues a Victim, you may flip this card. / Fragile Vessel- If this monster takes two or more clicks of damage in a single attack, flip this card and discard one of it's Victim tokens.

8. ANT SWARM Insect, Vermin
Ant swarms which lay waste to everything in their path actually do exist on South America. They served as the inspiration for the classic 1938 short story Leiningen Verses The Ants by Carl Stephenson, which in turn inspired the 1954 Charlton Heston movie The Naked Jungle, as well as (I'm pretty sure) the man-eating-ant sequence from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The mini- would depict a human skeleton, covered in dozens of large, reddish ants.
M:04-04-H-04-H-03
-X Scuttle (Leap/Climb)
A:07-07-H-07-H-06-X Swarm (Pack)*
D:16-15-H-14-H-13-X Tiny (Invisible)
D:01-01-H-01-H-01-X Agony
*For every monster of the same type adjacent to the target of this attack, adjust this monsters' Attack value by +1.

9. DOUEN Spirit, Fury
A product of the folklore of the island of Trinidad, a douen is the spirit of an unbaptized child, returned to the mortal world to collect more of the same. They appear to be small children wearing large straw hats, which partially conceal their featureless faces; another giveaway of their supernatural nature is the fact that their feet are on backwards.
M:05-04-03
-X Brushrunner*
A:08-07-06-X Sheppard
D:17-16-15-X
D:02-01-01-X Entice
*This monster does not need to stop upon entering Hindering terrain; any remaining movement is halved.

10. RATTLERS Beast, Snake
Individual rattlesnakes aren't too much of a threat to cautious individuals, but in horror movies it's not unusual for them to group together in deadly swarms and go on the rampage. The miniature would be about 8-10 snakes covering the dial.
M:
05-04-H-05-04-X
A:08-08-H-07-06-X Retributive Strike
D:14-15-H-15-16-X Low To The Ground (Invisible)
D:01-01-H-01-01-X Snakebit! (Infect)*
*Any monster damaged by this attack also takes 1 point of Penetrating damage on its players' Hourglass phase.

11. DAMNED MONK Hellspawn, Fanatic, Undead
With so many crumbling old Spanish missions dotting the Mexican countryside, it's no wonder that skull-faced fiends in monk's robes are often used as monsters in old Mexican horror movies.
M:05-05-04
-04-03-X Seal
A:09-09-08-07-06-X Bloodlust (Female)
D:15-14-13-12-11-X Satanic Pact*
D:02-02-01-01-01-X Sacrifice (Agony)
*If this monster takes damage, roll a d6: on a "6", turn this monster's dial to the starting line and place the figure in your set-up area with two action tokens.

12. TÉCNICO Guardian, Vigilante
I was pretty disappointed with the Luchador figure from the Nightmares set, and wanted to take another crack at luche libra grapplers in the HorrorClix world (técnicos are the "good guy" wrestlers, as opposed to the "bad guy" rudos). This monster is a classic Santo-style wrestler, a beefy guy in wrestling tights, with a colorful full-face mask.
M:07-05
-04-05-06-X Tumble*
A:09-08-07-08-09-X Shove
D:16-14-12-13-15-X
D:02-02-01-02-02-X Choke Hold (Agony)
*Ignores the effects of monsters, victims, and hindering terrain on movement.

13. CHANEQUE Faerie, Elemental
The Aztec equivalent of European "Little People". These monsters defend their wilderness homes from invaders, i.e. humans. They appear to be small, wizened humanoids, possibly made of wood. The mini- could be posed riding an armadillo.
M:05-03-02
-X One With Nature (Leap/Climb)
A:07-07-06-X Scare
D:16-15-14-X Camophlage (Phantom)
D:01-01-01-X Soul-Stealer (Infect)*
*Any monster damaged by this attack also takes 1 point of Penetrating damage on its players' Hourglass phase.

14. HAINT Spirit, Fury
"Haint" is a Deep South colloquialism for "ghost"- usually that of a vengeful woman. The miniature of this monster would depict an Antebellum hag cast in transparent yellow plastic, with a quick shot of white spraypaint applied from above.
M:04-05-06-05-04
-X Ghost
A:07-08-09-08-07-X Bloodlust (Male)
D:16-15-14-13-12-X
D:01-01-02-01-00-X Curse*
*If this attack succeeds, you may choose to deal no damage; all the target's statistics are -1 until the start of this player's next turn.

15. DEATH SQUAD Mercenary, Killer
Brutal, cold-blooded killers, employed by ruthless politicos looking to consolidate power, by drug cartels protecting their profits, or by multi-national corporations trying to prevent unionization; no matter who is paying them, death squads are a serious danger South of the boarder. The miniature of this monster would feature two men on the dial, one standing and one kneeling; both would have bandannas covering the lower half of their faces. The standing one would be armed with a pistol and a machete, while the kneeling one would have an AK-47.
Range: 6//
M:06-05
-04-04-03-X Snap Shot
A:08-08-07-07-06-X Ravage
D:14-14-13-12-10-X
D:02-02-02-02-01-X Accuracy / Out Of Ammo (No Ranged Attack)

16. JUDAS Spirit, Guardian
A "judas" is a paper mache death symbol, used as a decoration for the Mexican "Day of the Dead" festival. They are meant to serve as proxies for departed loved ones. In a supernatural universe, it is possible that they would be used as temporary bodies for the spirits of those loved ones, returned from the great beyond to defend their living relatives from the forces of evil. Just don't expect a combat powerhouse- an animated paper mache figure is still going to be pretty flimsy... Their main use would be as "speedbumps", cheap monsters who slow down your enemies as you maneuver your real monsters into position. The mini- would depict a small paper mache figure of a skeleton wearing a brightly-colored poncho and sombrero.
M:04-03-02
-X Lightweight*
A:07-06-05-X Pack**
D:13-12-10-X Flammable***
D:01-01-01-X
*This monster may be carried by other friendly monsters as if they had the Giant ability Carry; if this monster takes damage from a Close Combat attack, it is effected as if by the HeroClix power Force Blast.
**For each friendly monster of the same type adjacent to the same opponent, modify this monster's Attack value by +1.
***If this monster takes damage from a Ranged attack, roll a d6: on a 4+ this monster bursts into flames. It counts as being killed, even if the damage inflicted wasn't enough to kill it; replace it with a special counter- this square now counts as Hindering terrain for line-of-sight purposes; any monster that moves into this square takes d3-1 (0-2) click of damage. This monster's player rolls a d6 on each of their subsequent Hourglass phases: on a 1-3 the fire burns out and the square reverts to normal.

Last edited by BLG on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sponsor
godzilla
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif
Cabal(s):
EBTM Slashers
Frankensteins
Survivalists

Post Reply with quote
Those are awesome !!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
godzilla
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif
Cabal(s):
EBTM Slashers
Frankensteins
Survivalists

Post Reply with quote
Those are awesome !!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:05 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
BLG
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
-UNCOMMON-

17. SARGASSO NIGHTMARE Nightmare, Aquatic
Tossed overboard and left for dead, Stephen Kalhoun discovered a dark sea creature that kept him alive as the Sargasso Nightmare. All it asks of him is more blood.
-Pirates of the Cursed Seas

This monster appears as a pale, waterlogged corpse draped in Sargasso weed.
M:05-05-04-04-03
-03-02-X Blood In The Water*
A:10-09-09-08-08-07-06-X
D:16-15-15-14-14-13-12-X Sumberge**
D:03-03-02-02-02-01-01-X Vampiric
-Swimming Movement
-THE CURSED CABAL

*When making a Slaying attempt or Frenzy move against a Victim or monster that occupies Water terrain, this monster's Movement value is doubled.
** Lines of sight to this monster are blocked when it occupies Water terrain.

18. CIVATATEO Undead, Vampire, Aztec
This is a Mesoamerican vampire. Originally an Aztec noblewoman who died during childbirth, in undeath this monster haunts ancient ruins, searching for victims with fresh hot blood. It appears as a withered woman with wild, unkempt hair, clad in tattered rags, and covered in chalkdust from head to toe.
M:08|-07-06
-05-04-03-X Leap/Climb
A:11|-10-09-08-07-06-X
D:17|-16-15-14-13-12-X Dodge / Stealth
D:03|-03-02-02-02-01-X Snack

19. DROWNED ZOMBIE Undead, Zombie
Hey, who doesn't love the Shark vs. Zombie scene from Lucio Fulci's grindhouse classic Zombi 2 (called Zombie here in the States)?
M:
04-05-05-04-03-X
A:08-09-08-07-06-X Snack
D:14-14-13-12-10-X Doesn't Bleed (Stamina)
D:01-02-02-01-01-X Drown*
-Swimming Movement
*Damage dealt to non-Swimming monsters that occupy Water terrain is Penetrating damage.

20. VENUS MANTRAP Plant, Mutant
This is of course a giant venus flytrap. Early explorers of South America told stories of seeing huge man-eating plants; historians agree that they were just exaggerating to impress their audiences, but still...
M:03-03-02
-02-X Trap
A:08-08-08-08-X Snack
D:13-13-13-12-X Fibrous (Stamina)
D:02-02-02-01-X Digestive Enzymes (Agony)

21. HEART-RIPPER Slasher, Fanatic, Aztec
In 1487 a small army of Aztec priests sacrificed over 80,000 people in four bloody days and nights, cutting the still-beating hearts from prisoners and offering them to their literally bloodthirsty gods. What they hoped to accomplish we can only guess. The Heart-Ripper is a psycho who believes himself to be a descendant of those very priests, and he has set about continuing the ghastly ceremonial sacrifices in present time, in hopes of awakening the sleeping Aztec gods to rule over the the 21th Century. The miniature would depict a man in a modern suit and an Aztec headdress, holding a bloody obsidian knife in one hand and a human heart in the other.
M:06-04
-03-05-06-X Massacre
A:09-08-07-09-10-X Servant of the Gods*
D:16-15-14-13-12-X Ritual (Focus)
D:02-02-01-02-03-X Sacrifice (Agony)
*Modify this monster's Attack value by +1 for every adjacent friendly monster with the Aztec class.

22. GATOR-MAN Freak, Killer, Carney
A popular attraction in early 20th Century traveling freakshows was the"Gator-Man", a scaly-skinned monster supposedly from the swamplands of the American Southeast; in reality they were simply poor souls suffering from the skin disease ichthyosis. In the twisted world of the HorrorClix universe, however, an actual man-eating human/alligator hybrid would be entirely possible.
M:05-05-05-04
-04-03-X Submerge*
A:10-10-09-09-08-07-X Ambush
D:15-14-14-13-13-12-X Scaly Skin (Stamina)
D:02-02-01-02-01-01-X Ferocity
-Swimming Movement
*Lines of sight to this monster are blocked when it occupies Water terrain.

23. CUCO Nightmare, Faerie
The "boogyman" of Latin American folklore, a cuco is a monster that gobbles up children who don't obey their parents. Descriptions vary; I would depict this monster as having a small, hairy body and a jack-o-lantern head ("cuco" is also the term for jack-o-lantern in Portuguese).
M:05
-04-03-02-X Dream Traveller
A:09-08-08-07-X Scare
D:16-16-15-14-X Shadowform (Stealth)
D:02-02-02-01-X Spree

24. MUTANT MOSQUITO Insect, Mutant
This is a meter-long mosquito; the mini- would show it hovering over a barrel of toxic waste, illegally dumped into a swamp in classic b-movie fashion.
M:08
-07-06-X Bloodscent
A:08-08-07-X Swarm (Pack)*
D:16-14-12-X Flit (Phantom)
D:02-02-01-X Vampiric
-Flying Movement
*For each friendly monster of the same type adjacent to the same opponent, modify this monster's Attack value by +1.

25. JAGUWERE Beast, Shapeshifter
Every culture that lives in the shadow of man-eating animals produces legends of lycanthropic shape-shifters, cursed humans that assume the form of beasts to prey on other people. Hence, in addition to the well-known European werewolf, there are stories of African wereleopards, Asian weretigers, and, in Latin America, the much-feared were-jaguar (I tweaked the name a little for this monster, because I thought "jaguwere" sounded better; I couldn't find an actual Mesoamerican tribal word for them).
M:06
-04-02-X |09-08-07-06-05-X Brushrunner* / Leap/Climb
A:08-07-06-X |10-10-09-08-07-X Transform / Ambush
D:14-13-12-X |17-16-15-14-13-X Stealth / Dodge
D:02-01-00-X |02-02-01-02-01-X Ferocity
*This monster does not need to stop upon entering Hindering terrain; any remaining movement is halved.

26. ANACONDA Beast, Serpent
Big-ass South American snake. I don't think it needs any exaggerating to fit into a horror-movie-based universe...
M:05-06-07
-05-03-X Coils (Trap)
A:08-08-07-07-06-X
D:14-15-14-13-12-X
D:02-02-02-02-01-X Crush*
-Double-Based; -Swimming Movement
*As per the multiple attack option of the HeroClix power Hypersomic Speed.

27. BOCOR LE NOIR Occultist, Hellspawn
Expert practitioners of voodoo fall into two categories: there are the houngans and mambos, the legitimate priesthood of the Afro-Caribbean religion who invoke the loa-spirits to help people; and then there are the bocors, devious sorcerers who abuse voodoo practices to serve their own selfish ends. Guess which version is more popular in American horror movies...? The miniature of this monster would depict a tall, thin black man in a top hat and topcoat, standing next to a tombstone, as a hand bursts from the ground at his feet.
Range: 3/
M:05-04-03-H
-04-05-06-X Impel
A:09-08-07-H-08-09-10-X Possession
D:15-14-13-11-14-15-16-X
D:02-01-01-H-02-02-03-X Voodoo Powder (Immobilize)
Continuous Power: The Dead Arise!- If at least one monster with a lower point value and the Zombie class which is friendly to this monster has been killed, and this monster as no Action Tokens and is not adjacent to any hostile monsters, it may, as a standard action, roll a d6: on a result of 5-6, turn the slain Zombie to it's starting slot and place it in an unoccupied square adjacent to this monster with two Action Tokens.

28. CHUPACABRA Beast, Mutant, Urban Legend
A very recent urban legend, this monster was first reported in 1995 in Puerto Rico; sightings then spread like wildfire throughout Latin America and Spanish-speaking communities in the United States. It's name ("goat-sucker") comes from its habit of attacking farm animals, draining them of blood and then disappearing into the night. After a time, the reports began taking on a more sinister tone, implying that humans were now on the menu... They are described as being roughly bipedal creatures about 3' tall, with leathery skin, fangs and claws, a row of spines down the back, pointed ears, glowing red eyes, and a long proboscis-like tongue. I would ideally have the figure squatting over a dead goat, with it's bright red tongue attached to the goat's neck as if in the act of feeding.
M:09-08-07
-07-06-X Leap/Climb
A:10-10-09-08-07-X Charge (Acceleration)
D:18-17-16-15-14-X
D:03-03-02-02-01-X Vampiric

29. AHUIZOTL Beast, Aquatic
A water monster from Aztec folklore, the ahuizotl is said to resemble a black dog with a long, prehensile tail which ends in a hand. Naturally, it uses this strange appendage to drag those near the water to their doom.
Range: 2/
M:
08-07-06-05-X
A:09-08-07-06-X Drag*
D:16-15-14-13-X Submerge**
D:02-02-01-01-X Drown***
-Swimming Movement
*Instead of dealing damage, a successful attack may move a non-Giant or Double-Based target a number of spaces equal to this monster's Damage value.
**Lines of sight to this monster are blocked when it occupies Water terrain.
***Damage dealt to non-Swimming monsters that occupy Water terrain is Penetrating damage.

30. JUMBI Spirit, Fury
A Caribbean ghost. Unlike the pale spectres of Western lore, Afro-Caribbean cultures believe that ghosts are pitch-dark. The mini- would show a basic islander, cast in translucent black plastic.
M:
07-06-05-H-05-06-07-X Haunt
A:08-07-06-H-07-08-09-X Scare
D:16-15-14-H-15-16-17-X Shadowy (Stealth)
D:02-01-00-H-01-02-02-X

31. BRUJA Crossroads: Occultist, Guardian or Occultist, Hellspawn
Belief in brujaria (witchcraft) is widespread throughout Latin America. From the desert wastes to the modern cities, rumors abound of women with strange powers healing the sick or cursing those who incur thier wrath.
M:
05-06-07-05-03-X Entice / Owlform (Leap/Climb)
A:08-09-09-08-06-X Charmed / Pain
D:15-16-15-14-13-X Protector / Retributive Strike
D:01-02-03-01-00-X Heal* / Curse**
*As per the HeroClix power Support.
**This attack deals no damage; instead all the target's statistics are at -1 until the beginning of this player's next turn.

32. BOG MONSTER Mutant, Brute
Straight out of an old drive-in movie or 1970s comic book, this is a hulking humanoid mass of swamp vegetation, most likely the result of dumping toxic waste.
M:04-04-04-03-03-03-02
-X Ooze* / Muck (Trap)
A:09-09-08-08-07-07-06-X Sweep
D:15-15-14-14-13-12-10-X No Vital Organs (Invulnerability)
D:03-03-03-02-02-02-01-X
-Giant; -Swimming Movement
*This monster can move through Blocking terrain; if it does so, reduce it's Movement value by half (it cannot end it's move in Blocking terrain).

Last edited by BLG on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:12 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Darkzilla
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif
Cabal(s):
Survivalists

Post Reply with quote
Awsome as usual, I love the giant mosquito and they actually made a horror movie about them. Love the Aztec myth and well needed chupacabra. Can't wait for more!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message
Sponsor
godzilla
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif
Cabal(s):
EBTM Slashers
Frankensteins
Survivalists

Post Reply with quote
more awesome stuff!!

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:31 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Devilocks
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
Looking good as usual! The Gator-Man would make a very cool figure, should be easy to mod up a Killer Croc from DC Heroclix. The Dead Arise power is a nice touch although slightly wordy for the restrictions, I assume that the 2 action tokens are intended to prevent the zombie from being used that turn since they would clear at the end of the turn. You never cease to impress me with your movie knowledge, the shark vs. zombie scene is indeed epic funny. I like the idea of some waterlogged zombie horde, perhaps a plot twist or a rare monster power that temporarily makes a square of terrain count as water would make good synergy... I'm also fond of the Ahuiztol's Drag power, I was actually just considering posting a similar suggestion for Uberman's custom Shoggoth figure over in the workshop. The Anaconda, Chupacabra, and Mosquito are also great stock Sci-Fi monster movie additions, and the Bog Monster would be easy to make from a Swamp-Thing or Man-Thing figure. Cuco is a neat legend I haven't heard before, there's a recent horror film called Trick R Treat that has a similar little creature running around.

Anyway, enough rambling for now, I will be impatiently awaiting the Rares+!!
Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:28 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message
BLG
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the kind words!

Does the wording of the Loa Spirits' powers (#7 in the Commons) make it clear that it is normally a disembodied force, but if it kills/rescues a Victim it can take over their body and become a physical being, until the "puppet" is killed, when it reverts to being disembodied? It made sense to me when I was writing it up, but in looking back at the stats I'm not sure my intent is coming across...

I'm suprised no one is complaining about how weak the Judas (#16 in the Commons) is. I was all prepared to to rant about "What do you expect for 10 points! It's made of paper mache, fer gawd's sake!"...

Speaking of converting the Killer Croc fig from HeroClix, I didn't like the emerald green color they went with, so I "drybrushed" mine with Games Workshop's "Cammo Green" paint- it looks tons better!

Last edited by BLG on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:53 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BLG
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
-RARE-

33. HAG OF TORTUGA Occultist, Hellspawn
Creole Amelie Lejeune, better known as the "Hag of Tortuga", is a sea crone feared and respected by all the sailors on the Crimson Coast, regardless of nationality. It is said that she can commune with the dead, control the winds, and stop a man dead in his tracks with just a glance.

The miniature of this monster would depict a bloated hag clad in layers of tattered cloth.
Range: 6/
Plot Twists: +2
M:04
-04-03-03-02-02-X Summon Gale*
A:09-08-08-07-07-06-X Hell-Glare (Immobilize)
D:16-15-14-13-12-11-X Magic Wards (Martial Artist)
D:03-02-02-01-01-00-X Necromancy**
-CURSED CABAL
*As per Force Blast in HeroClix.
**As per Support in HeroClix, but effecting only monsters with the Undead class.

34. IMMORTAL CONQUISTADOR Killer, Fury
In the 16th Century, Spanish Conquistador Ponce de León led his men on a quest through the Caribbean and the American Southeast, searching for the legendary Fountain of Youth, which grants everlasting youth to those who drink from its magical waters. He never found it, but this monster- a deserter from de León's expedition, did. As he drank from the Fountain, he was discovered by the natives who consider the waters sacred. To punish the conquistador for his blasphemy, he was thrown into a deep pit, which was then sealed with a massive boulder. Trapped in darkness for hundreds of years and unable to die, the conquistador went mad. Now, a hurricane has dislodged the boulder and set the immortal madman free...
M:07-06
-06-05-05-04-04-03-X Brushrunner*
A:10-09-09-08-08-07-07-06-X Deranged
D:16-15-15-14-14-13-13-12-X Breastplate (Stamina) / Regenerate
D:02-02-02-02-02-01-01-00-X Sword (Slash)

35. BRUTE ZOMBIE Undead, Zombie
A burly brute when he was alive, this monster has been raised from the dead to serve as an undead battering ram. The mini- would depict a hulking, shirtless zombie, its massive torso riddled with unbleeding bullet holes.
M:05-05
-05-04-04-03-03-X Rampage
A:09-09-08-08-07-07-06-X Unseal
D:15-14-14-13-13-12-10-X Doesn't Bleed (Stamina)
D:01-01-01-02-02-02-01-X Savagery

36. CACTOID Plant, Mutant
Another mutated plant, this monster would resemble a huge saguaro cactus, with some of its "limbs" arranged in a spider-leg pattern to allow ambulation.
M:04-04-04
-04-03-03-02-X Bloodscent
A:08-08-08-07-07-06-06-X Drain Fluids (Vampiric)
D:15-14-13-12-11-10-09-X Spiny (Area)
D:03-03-02-02-02-02-01-X Agony
-Giant

37. CREOLE VAMPIRE Undead, Vampire
A tip-of-the-hat to Anne Rice's popular Vampire Chronicles books, this is a bloodsucker "born" (reborn?) in 18th-century New Orleans. The mini- would depict a handsome mixed-race man dressed like an old-fashioned dandy, dabbing at the blood running from his mouth with a lace handkerchief.
-06-07-08-06-05-04-03-X Entice
A:09-09-10-11-10-09-08-07-X Bloodlust (Female) / Dominate
D:14-15-16-17-15-14-13-12-X Skulk (Phantom) / Vampiric
D:02-02-03-03-03-02-02-01-X

38. MAMBO LA BLANC Priest, Guardian
The religion of voodoo is usually portrayed as very dark and dangerous in horror movies, but in reality the majority of its practitioners are peaceful people who use voodoo rituals for benign purposes. This monster serves as a counterpoint to the more stereotypical Bocor Le Noir from the Uncommons. The miniature would depict an attractive black woman with long braided hair, wearing a white dress, kneeling among a cluster of candles, gesturing as if performing a ritual.
-04-03-X Clear Mind
A:08-08-08-07-06-05-X Loa's Blessing (Charmed)
D:17-16-15-14-13-12-X Heal*
D:01-01-01-01-01-00-X Raise The Dead
*As per the HeroClix power Support.

39. WERESHARK Beast, Shapeshifter, Aquatic
Why should mammals have all fun of lycanthropy? The figure would depict a big humanoid shark, bursting up out of the water.
M:06-05-04-03
-X |05-05-05-04-04-03-X Transform (by killing Victim) / Blood In The Water*
A:09-08-07-06-X |11-10-09-08-07-06-X Feeding Frenzy (Opportunist)
D:14-14-13-12-X |16-16-15-14-13-12-X Sharkskin (Stamina)
D:02-01-01-01-X |03-03-02-02-02-02-X Drown** / Jaws (Slash)
-Swimming Movement
*When making a Slaying attempt or Frenzy move against a Victim or monster that occupies Water terrain, this monster's Movement value is doubled.
**Damage inflicted to non-Swimming monsters in Water terrain is Penetrating damage.

40. GIANT SCORPION Beast, Spider
One of my favorite 1950s "giant bug"-cycle monster movies was the 1957 film The Black Scorpion, about giant scorpions released from their underground lair by an earthquake and sent on a rampage across Mexico.
M:08-07-07-06-06-05
-05-04-Wrecker (Unseal)
A:09-09-08-08-07-07-06-06-Pincers (Ravage)
D:17-16-16-15-15-14-14-13-X Carapace (Invulnerability)
D:04-03-03-03-02-02-02-02-X Stinger*
-Double-Based
*Critical damage inflicted by this monster is Penetrating damage.

41. TOURIST TRAP Slasher, Killer
This double-based miniature would depict a mobile margarita cart, with a colorful beach umbrella attached, a hot babe in a bikini leaning against it sipping a drink, and an old-fashioned bear trap half-buried in the sand in front of it. Possibly a panel on the side of the cart would be open, revealing the dismembered body of an unfortunate turista...
M:04-04-04-03
-02-X Entice / Trap
A:09-09-08-07-06-X Opportunist
D:15-15-14-13-12-X Disguise*
D:03-02-02-02-01-X Destroy The Evidence (My Cold Dead Hands)
-Double-Based
*As per Shapechange in HeroClix.

42. MAMA DLO Elemental, Serpent
According to Trinidad folklore, Mama Dlo appears to be a beautiful woman from the waist up and a massive snake below the waist. She lurks in wild pools or isolated lagoons, killing those who defile her natural surroundings.
Range: 2/
M:10-09-08-07-06
-05-04-03-02-X Entice / Drag
A:11-10-10-09-09-08-08-07-06-X Ambush
D:17-16-15-14-14-13-12-11-10-X Reflexes
D:03-03-02-02-02-02-01-01-01-X Venom
-Swimming Movement

43. LOUP-GAROU Beast, Werewolf
The French term for werewolf (the literal translation is "wolf- look out!"), the loup-garou naturally appears in the folklore of the Cajun people of Louisiana's Bayou region. I came across one source that claims that Bayou-hunting loups-garou ride on the backs of giant bats, which they somehow train to serve as mounts! Normally, I wouldn't include a monster in one of my sets based on a single description of questionable provenance, but in this case the opportunity to include a flying werewolf was too good to pass up! So, yeah, this is a werewolf mounted on the back of a giant flying-post-mounted bat.
M:10-09-08-07-06
-05-04-X Death From Above!* / Born On The Bayou (Brushrunner)**
A:11-10-10-09-08-08-07-X
D:16-16-15-14-13-12-11-X Dodge / Tough Pelt (Stamina)
D:01-01-01-02-02-02-01-X Savagery
-Flying Movement
*When this monster's Frenzy attack crosses Hindering or outdoor Blocking terrain, it receives +1 to it's Attack and Damage values.
**This monster does not need to stop upon entering Hindering terrain; any remaining movement is halved.
CONTINUOUS POWER(S): Abandon Mount- If this monster completes a Frenzy or takes three or more clicks of damage from a single attack, flip this card. / Grounded- This monster no longer has Flying movement; reduce it's Movement value by 2.

44. SEA WITCH Occultist, Elemental, Aquatic
Witches have become a running sub-category within my home-made sets... The miniature of this monster would depict a beautiful woman with pale skin and long black hair, wearing only a few strands of seaweed, standing on a wave-lashed rock.
M:06-05-05-04-03-02
-X Submerge*
A:09-08-08-07-06-05-X Riptide** / Immobilize
D:16-15-14-13-12-10-X Waveshield (Phantom)
D:02-02-01-01-01-00-X Drown****
-Swimming Movement
*Lines of sight are blocked when this monster occupies Water terrain.
**If this Ranged attack succeeds against a target that occupies Water terrain, instead of inflicting damage you may choose to move the target 1d6 spaces; if it contacts Blocking terrain within that movement, it takes a number of clicks of damage equal to the distance moved.
***Damage inflicted to non-Swimming monsters occupying Water terrain is Penetrating damage.

45. TZITZIMIME Alien, Aztec
A bizarre monster from Aztec mythology, the tzitzimime are creatures that live among the stars, descending to the Earth on dark nights or during eclipses to devour unwary humans. It is described as looking like a female skeleton dressed in ceremonial Aztec clothing. For this miniature I would use that description as a starting point and then interpret it through a filter of H.R. Giger's "biomechanical" artwork, playing up the "alien-ness" rather than making it a straight folkloric monster. To make it even weirder, I would cast it in transparent dark gray plastic, then dry-brush it with silver paint.
M:
10-09-08-07-06-05-04-03-X
A:11-10-09-09-08-08-07-06-X Death From Above*
D:17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-X
D:03-03-03-02-02-02-02-01-X Spree
-Flying Movement
*When this monster's Frenzy attack crosses Hindering or outdoor Blocking terrain, it receives +1 to it's Attack and Damage values.

46. DUPEE Spirit, Fury, Aquatic
Originally a West African term simply meaning "ghost", in the Caribbean dupees have come to be associated with the sea (probably as a result of glimpsing manatees in the water and mistaking them for people). This figure would depict a pale, drowned corpse wreathed in seaweed with strands drifting upward.
M:05-04-03-H-05-04-03
-X Submerge*
A:09-09-08-H-09-08-07-X Clammy Embrace (Venom)
D:16-15-14-H-15-14-13-X Magic Water**
D:02-02-01-H-02-01-01-X Drown***
-Swimming Movement
*Lines of sight are blocked when this monster occupies Water terrain.
**When this monster occupies Water terrain it may, as a standard action, heal d3 clicks of damage.
***Damage inflicted to non-Swimming monsters occupying Water terrain is Penetrating damage.

47. FIRE HAG Occultist, Hellspawn
Also known as a soucouyant or loogaroo on various Caribbean isles, this is a vile witch who has entered into a demonic pact, gaining the ability to remove her skin and assume the form of a hovering ball of fire, the better to spread evil.
M: H
-06-07-08-06-04-03-X
A: H-08-09-10-08-07-06-X Firestorm
D:10-14-15-16-14-12-10-X Flaming (Acid Blood)
D: H-02-02-03-02-01-01-X Set Ablaze (Infect)*
-Flying Movement
*Any monster damaged by this close combat attack also takes 1 point of Penetrating damage on its players' Hourglass phase.

48. LUSCA Beast, Aquatic
Believed by some to dwell in the "blue holes" (huge underwater sinkholes) off the coast of the Bahamas, a lusca is described as a cross between a giant octopus and a massive shark. Scientists scoff at the idea, but believers point to the unidentifiable decomposing bodies of large marine animals, nicknamed "gobsters", which occasionally wash up on Caribbean coastlines, as proof of the lusca's existence.
M:05-05-05-05-04-04
-03-03-02-X Blood In The Water*
A:10-10-09-09-08-08-07-07-06-X Tentacles!**
D:16-15-15-14-14-13-13-12-10-X Submerge***
D:04-04-03-03-03-02-02-02-02-X Swallow Whole (Massacre)
-Swimming Movement; Double-Based
**As per the multiple attack option in the HeroClix power Hypersonic Speed.
***Lines of sight are blocked when this monster occupies Water terrain.

More to follow...

Last edited by BLG on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:47 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Send e-mail
godzilla
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif
Cabal(s):
EBTM Slashers
Frankensteins
Survivalists

Post Reply with quote
Those are AWESOME!!!!! I love your set they get the creative juices flowing

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:32 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Sponsor
Devilocks
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
36. CACTOID Plant, Mutant
Another mutated plant, this monster would resemble a huge saguaro cactus, with some of its "limbs" arranged in a spider-leg pattern to allow ambulation.

Grin

PS. Holy @#%^$#~!!!! A werewolf riding a bat! Epic!
Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:22 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message
BLG
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
LMFAO! Lol
Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:17 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Send e-mail
filmfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

Post Reply with quote
Hey there, BLG. Love the work you do with these sets. You do bring some quality work to designing the figures and other such elements to the sets.

I was wondering if you would be up for an idea for a future set. I'd want to design a set, but my own dial design skills aren't so great. I'd love to see what you might do with my set idea if you're willing to listen to it. If you're interested, let me know if you want a PM with the set idea and some figure ideas for the set.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:34 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message
BLG
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
filmfanatic wrote:
... If you're interested, let me know if you want a PM with the set idea and some figure ideas for the set.

Sure. My spare time is pretty tight right now, so don't expect too much from me, but I'd definitely be interested in giving some advice and opinions!
Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:17 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BLG
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay- I got distracted...

-SUPER-RARE-

49. EL FANTASMA Undead, Mastermind
Completely in command of the Cursed—from the undead and fiends of the sea to humans who crave unholy power—El Fantasma has assembled a devastating following. His search for even more powerful ancient artifacts is his only goal. Those who oppose him are nothing more than food for his minions.

The most feared of all the pirate captains who ravaged the Crimson Coast, El Fantasma was long rumored to be one of the Living Dead; with his recent reappearance in modern times, any doubt about that has been eliminated... The miniature would depict a hulking undead pirate captain with glowing white eyes.
M:08-07-07-06-06
-05-05-04-04-03-X Legendary Captain (Fortune)
A:12-11-10-10-09-09-08-08-07-06-X Boss
D:16-15-15-14-14-13-13-12-12-11-X Phantom
D:02-02-01-01-01-02-02-02-01-01-X Cutlass (Savagery)
-Swimming Movement
-CURSED CABAL Power: Sacrifice to Davey Jones- When this monster or a friendly Cabal member kills a monster that is in Water terrain, heal it 1d6-1 clicks of damage.

50. MOCTEZUMA'S WRATH Fury, Aztec
Moctezuma II was the last ruler of the Aztec empire, killed by Spanish conquerors in 1520- but not before he could pronounce a terrible curse on those invading his lands. This monster represents more of an "effect" than a physical being, similar the the Funhouse in Freakshow. Yeah, I know that there have been some complaints from players, both here and on the old WhizKids forum, about figures that eventually "time out" due to Hourglasses, but I've always had fun playing the Funhouse, trying to "beat the clock" and make it earn its point value before it automatically croaks. And, as a Super-Rare, any player who gets one and doesn't like it would be able to easily trade it away or sell it on eBay to completists... The figure would depict a column of boiling clouds, with skulls emerging from within, and a big Aztec calendar stone floating in the center. It would be cast in transparent red plastic, with the calendar dry-brushed gold.
M:H- H- H- H- H- H- H- H- H- H- H
-X Teleport
A:H-10-09-08-H-09-08-07-H-08-07-X Possession
D:H-18-17-16-H-17-16-15-H-16-15-X Fury of the Gods (Retributive Strike) / Invisible
D:H-00-00-00-H-00-00-00-H-00-00-X Curse*
*This attack deals no damage; instead all the target's statistics are at -1 until the beginning of this player's next turn.

51. LE GRANDE ZOMBI Elemental, Undead, Legend
Le Grand Zombi is the Rada voodou name for a physical manifestation of the powerful voodoo god Damballa-Wedo, invoked by his followers only in situations of dire peril. This manifestation normally takes the form of a huge snake, but when horror movie fans hear "zombi", they expect the Walking Dead. Hence, this version represents Damballa possessing a zombie body, imbuing it with a portion of his divine power, causing it to twist and grow to massive size. The miniature would show a Giant zombie, it's body twisted and warped into ghastly shapes by the elemental power used to grow it to such proportions. There would be a huge snake, cast in transparent plastic, emerging from the ground and entering the body, with some coils protruding from and re-entering the body at random points, while the snake's head emerges from the side of the zombie's lolling head and hangs high in the air.
M: H
-08-09-10-09-08-07-06-05-04-03-X Damballa Is Anrgy! (Deranged)
A: H-09-10-11-11-10-09-08-07-06-05-X Raise The Dead / Fate of One
D:12-14-15-16-15-14-14-13-13-12-12-X Doesn't Bleed (Stamina)
D: H-02-01-02-02-01-01-01-02-02-02-X Savagery
-Giant

52. THE WRECKER Spirit, Fury, Aquatic
During the Age of Sail, ships frequently ran aground on treacherous coastlines. Salvaging cargoes from these wrecks became a lucrative source of income, and it wasn't long before some enterprising- and evil- individuals hit upon the idea of using false navigational lights to deliberately lure ships to their doom in order to claim their cargo. This monster is the ghost of one of these "land pirates", a ruthless wrecker responsible for the deaths of dozens of sailors. Betrayed and murdered by his henchmen, his evil lives on, terrorizing a lonely stretch of coastline. The miniature of this monster would show a man in an old-fashioned diving suit (the kind with the brass domed helmet and weighted boots), wielding an old anchor as a weapon; it would be cast in transparent sea-green plastic, with the anchor painted.
M:05-05-04
-03-H-05-04-03-X I Call Salvage! (Opportunist)
A:10-09-09-08-H-09-08-07-X Wrecker (Unseal)
D:16-15-14-13-H-15-14-12-X Insubstantial (Dodge)
D:03-03-02-02-H-03-02-01-X Anchor Attack (Slash)
-Swimming Movement

53. LA LLORONA Fury, Aztec, Legend
One of the most enduring figures from Mexican folklore, tales of The Crying Woman date back to the early days of Spanish colonization of Mesoamerica, making it likely that the legend originated with the Aztecs. According to the folktales, La Llorona was a woman who murdered her own children in order to be with the man she loves, only to be rejected by him. Overcome with grief, her spirit can never be at peace. She wanders the mortal world, appearing to be a woman in a white gown with long black hair, weeping uncontrollably (she is sometimes seen walking on water- hence this fig's Swimming movement); when bystanders investigate, she reveals her horrifying face, which is so terrible it can kill a man from fright!
Range: 3/
M:04-05
-06-07-06-05-04-03-X Entice
A:08-09-09-10-09-09-08-07-X Scare
D:14-15-16-17-15-14-13-12-X She Looks Harmless... (Retributive Strike)
D:01-02-03-03-02-02-01-01-X Wail*
-Swimming Movement
*As per the HeroClix power Pulse Wave.

54. JUDE THE DUDE Guardian, Vigilante
All of my previous S-R Guardians have been butt-kicking tough guys in the action-movie hero mode. For this set I thought I would include a good guy based on a very different movie archetype: that of the comical, bumbling doofus who, despite a combination of cowardice and incompetence, somehow manages to save the day. This monster would be a scruffy beach bum with a pony tail, wearing a Hawaiian shirt, Bermuda shorts, and flip-flops, holding a beer in one hand and making the "hang loose" gesture with the other.
M:
05-06-05-04-03-02-X Life's A Beach (Swimming Movement)
A:08-09-08-07-06-05-X Hold This
D:14-16-15-14-13-12-X Whoa, Not Cool! (Dodge) / Better Part Of Valor (Stealth)
D:01-02-02-01-01-00-X Dumb Luck*
*As per Porbability Control in HeroClix, except that it may only be used when this monster has 0-1 Action Tokens,

55. EL SEÑOR TARANTULA Nightmare, Slasher
This is my attempt at creating a Latin American bogeyman from scratch. Twenty years ago, a small town in Mexico was blighted by a very evil man, nicknamed "El Señor Tarantula" by the locals for his hobby of breeding tarantulas. A lecherous cad, he would aggressively hit on to the town's most attractive women. When they would reject him- and they always did- he would kidnap them in the middle of the night and seal them inside a coffin with hundreds of his "pets"; only those who survived the night (and none ever did) would be deemed worthy of El Señor Tarantula's forgiveness. When the townspeople discovered that the hated eccentric was responsible for the disappearances, they rose up en mass and gave him a taste of his own medicine: sealing him in a spider-filled coffin, then burying him alive- but not before the madman swore vengeance. Now, a new factory has broken ground on the site of the terrible events, releasing the nightmarish killer to pursue his revenge... The mini- would depict a wild-eyed peasant, with dozens of tarantulas swarming out from under his sombrero brim and poncho.
-04-03-04-05-06-06-04-X Spider-Walk (Leap/Climb)
A:09-08-07-08-09-10-10-08-X
D:14-13-12-13-14-15-15-13-X Get Them Off Me! (Area)
D:02-02-01-02-02-03-03-01-X Venom

56. SKULL OF DOOM Paranormal, Psychic
No one knows where the famous Crystal Skulls came from or how they were made. Popularized by several paranormal documentaries in the 1970s, theories persist that they are artifacts of a long-lost pre-Colombian civilization, and that they have vast supernatural powers... The figure of this monster would show a stylized crystal skull (cast in transparent plastic, naturally), held aloft by a Mesoamerican peasant with a dazed expression and white eyes- a hapless soul taken over by the power of the Skull.
Range: 6/
M:05-04-03-03-00-00-00-00
-X Clear Mind / Lightweight*
A:08-09-10-10-09-09-08-08-X Possession
D:15-14-13-12-18-17-16-15-X New Host**
D:02-02-02-02-02-03-02-01-X Nullify***
*This monster may be carried by other friendly monsters as if they had the Giant ability Carry; if this monster takes damage from a Close Combat attack, it is effected as if by the HeroClix power Force Blast.
**If this monster kills a Victim, turn it's dial back to the Green starting line.
***As per the HeroClix power Outwit.

57. LA DIABLESSE Hellspawn, Legend
In the folklore of the island of Trinidad, La Diablesse is a notorious devil-woman, a demonic entity who seduces the unwary in order to feed on their souls. In her true form, she looks like a withered hag with a cloven hoof on one foot, clad in tattered fishing nets. She is a master of magical disguise, however, and usually appears to her victims as a beautiful Creole woman, dressed in fine clothes more appropriate to an earlier time in the island's history: a bright madras turban, an embroidered chemise, and much gold jewelry. For the miniature of this monster, rather than choose one depiction or the other, I would use both versions, attached at the back: the lovely illusion facing one way, the ugly bag of bones facing the other.
M:04-05
-06-07-06-05-04-03-X Entice
A:08-09-10-10-10-09-08-07-X Charmed
D:14-16-18-17-16-15-14-13-X Stunning (Disgiuse)
D:02-02-03-03-02-02-01-01-X Spree

58. AVATAR OF YIG Beast, Cthulhu, Serpent
It seems that Yig, the snake-god of the central plains tribes—presumably the primal source of the more southerly Quetzalcoatl or Kukulcan—was an odd, half-anthropomorphic devil of highly arbitrary and capricious nature. He was not wholly evil, and was usually quite well-disposed toward those who gave proper respect to him and his children, the serpents; but in the autumn he became abnormally ravenous, and had to be driven away by means of suitable rites. That was why the tom-toms in the Pawnee, Wichita, and Caddo country pounded ceaselessly week in and week out in August, September, and October; and why the medicine-men made strange noises with rattles and whistles curiously like those of the Aztecs and Mayas.
-Zealia Bishop & H.P. Lovecract, The Curse Of Yig

I try to include at least one of H.P. Lovecraft's cosmic horrors in each of my sets. I thought that this set's tropical setting would be best served by Yig, the Father of Serpents (admittedly, HPL is really more of a co-creator, having extensively revised a story written by Zealia Bishop). Like the Avatar of Cthulhu from the first HorrorClix set, this monster is a temporary manifestation of one of the Great Old Ones trapped in the sunken city of R'lyeh. The miniature would depict a big, muscular man with scaly skin and the head of a serpent, with several snakes swarming at his feet.
M:08-07-07
-06-06-05-05-04-03-X Ravage
A:11-11-10-10-09-09-08-07-06-X Father of Serpents*
D:16-16-15-15-14-13-12-11-10-X Scaly Hide (Invulnerable)
D:04-04-03-03-03-03-02-02-02-X Snakebit! (Infect)**
-Continuous Power: Curse of Yig- All friendly monster with the Serpent class gain the power Snakebit (Infect)- see below.
*Add +1 to this monster's Attack value for each adjacent friendly monster with the Serpent class.
**Any monster damaged by this attack also takes 1 point of Penetrating damage on its players' Hourglass phase.

59. UNDEAD DICTATOR Undead, Zombie, Mastermind
A parody of the old rumors about Fidel Castro miraculously surviving a surprising number of assassination attempts during the Cold War, this figure would depict a familiar bearded, fatigue-clad island dictator, with his torso perforated by several bullet holes, nonchalantly smoking a cigar.
M:05-04
-03- H-04-03- H-03-02-X ¡El Presidente! (Fortune)
A:09-08-07- H-08-07- H-07-06-X Cold Warrior (Hunter- vs. Guardians)
D:15-14-13-10-14-13-10-13-12-X De Nada (Invulnerable) / Meatshield*
D:02-02-01- H-02-01- H-02-01-X

60. BERMUDA ANOMALY Alien, Paranormal
Inspired by the "preview" ship that each Pirates of the Cursed Seas set contained, I try to make the 60th figure in all of my HorrorClix sets a "bridge" between the current theme and that of the upcoming set. For my next home-designed HrC set, I'm planning on going with a "cosmic horror" theme. Hence, an extra-dimensional alien entity from the mysterious Bermuda Triangle fit the bill nicely. The figure would be a tall, indistinct humanoid, cast in transparent plastic filled with glitter, with several "ripples" appearing on it's body, and a cloud of mist bubbling around it's feet. There would also be some florescent colored "beads" glued to the figure in a few places, representing swirling globes of light.
Range: 5//
M:
05-04-07-03-H-06-02-04-H-03-05-X Timewarp (Dream Traveller)
A:10-09-07-09-H-08-06-10-H-09-08-X Conflicting Realities (Injection)
D:16-17-14-15-H-15-14-16-H-17-13-X Dimensional Flux (Martial Artist)
D:03-02-02-01-H-03-02-03-H-02-01-X Temporal Tear (Pain)

A bit more to follow...

Last edited by BLG on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:54 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sponsor
godzilla
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif
Cabal(s):
EBTM Slashers
Frankensteins
Survivalists

Post Reply with quote
Another great group!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:13 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Devilocks
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
Fantastic again, BLG. I'm very fond of Senor Tarantula!, and the Castro figure is a nice cheeky touch. I like the idea of the Bermuda Anomaly, I see the clear figure having three of those glowing orbs with a faint triangle trail between them to further the connection. Being quite the Pirates fan myself, I love El Fantasma, and will track down a link to a Reaper miniature that I think you would like for him. Jude the Dude sounds like a fun take for a Guardian, maybe a cross between Gilligan and Kevin Heffernan's character from Club Dread lol. I don't have much to say about the two female hag characters, they definitely fit the theme of the set. Le Grande Zombi is cool, and would make a nice centerpiece kind of figure to display. The Avatar of Yig is another nice addition to the Cthulu contingent, which is woefully lacking in HrC, not to mention would make a great punk band name Grin.

The Wrecker has a great backstory, although the description of the figure keeps making me think of the diving suit ghost from Scooby Doo... perhaps instead of the full suit, he could have been forced to wear the heavy diving boots and the anchor around his neck like the albatross, forced by the surviving families to dive into the waters over and over again to recover the bodies of those he lured to their deaths, until he was too exhausted to continue and became one of them...
Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:17 am View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message
BLG
Experienced
Experienced

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
Devilocks wrote:
The Wrecker has a great backstory, although the description of the figure keeps making me think of the diving suit ghost from Scooby Doo...

You say that like it's a bad thing- Rooby-Roo! Ahem...

-LIMITED EDITION-

61. SAMMY THE SKULL Undead, Skeleton
This is the right-hand man- er, I mean loathsome undead thing- of El Fantasma. Sammy is the leader of the dreaded White Crew. The figure would be based on the Common White Crew, with the addition of a captain's hat, and color-variant clothing.
M:06-05-05-04-04
-04-03-X Rampage
A:11-10-10-09-09-08-07-X
D:15-15-14-14-13-13-12-X Boney (Stamina)
D:01-01-01-01-02-02-01-X Cutlass (Savagery)
-Swimming Movement
-CURSED CABAL

62. TURNING ZOMBIE Zombie, Guardian
Mainly inspired by the movie The Serpent And The Rainbow, this monster is a man who has been put through the zombification ceremony, and is struggling to retain his grip on his humanity. The mini- would use the Common Field Zombie as the base, but with no machete in its hand, and without the mouth sewn shut (yet...). It would have a pale but more natural skin tone, and there would be a white cross drawn on its forehead.
M:
05-04-03-06-05-04-03-X Deranged
A:08-07-06-09-08-07-06-X Hunter (vs Occultists)
D:14-13-12-15-14-13-12-X Doesn't Bleed (Stamina)
D:02-01-01-02-01-01-01-X Righteous

63. EL GUARDA DE ORO Guardian, Vigilante
A monster-fighting celebrity luchador, in the tradition of Mexican cinema heroes Santo and The Blue Demon. His name means The Golden Guardian, a reference to his gold full-face mask. The figure would be based on the same armature as the Common Técnico, but instead of wrestling garb it would be clad in a brown 1960s-style suit over a turtleneck shirt.
M:07-06-06
-05-05-04-04-X Tumble*
A:11-10-10-09-09-08-08-X Protector
D:16-16-15-15-14-13-12-X Dodge / Honor Bound (Regenerate)
D:03-02-02-02-02-02-01-X Choke Hold (Agony)
-THE ORDER CABAL

64. EVERGLADE EARL Freak, Killer, Aquatic
A variant on the Uncommon Gator-Man; in addition to an alternate color scheme, the figure would be wearing a ratty cowboy hat.
-04-03-03-X Submerge
A:10-10-09-09-08-08-07-X Ambush
D:15-15-14-14-13-13-12-X Thick Skin (Stamina)
D:01-01-01-02-02-01-01-X Savagery

65. MARDI GRAS MARQUIS Undead, Vampire
Based on the Rare Creole Vampire, this monster is a vampire stalking Fat Tuesday revelers in The French Quarter. The figure would add a tricorn hat, and his clothes would have an outrageous Mardi Gras color scheme- I'm thinking green, purple, and gold- plus his face would be painted like a jester.
M:06
-07-06-05-05-04-04-03-X Entice
A:10-11-10-09-09-08-08-07-X Parade (Sheppard)
D:16-17-16-15-15-14-13-12-X Snack
D:02-03-03-02-02-02-01-01-X Delirium (Injection)

-BUY IT BY THE BRICK-

QUETZALCOATL Aztec, Serpent, Legend
One of the chief deities of the Aztecs, Quetzalcoatl has manifested an avatar in modern times, using his traditional guise of a giant, feathered flying serpent, to determine if the time is right for a return of the sleeping Aztec gods...
M:
10-09-09-08-08-07-07-06-06-05-04-X
A:12-11-10-10-09-09-08-08-07-07-06-X Rampage
D:17-17-16-16-15-15-14-14-13-12-11-X Ancient (Invulnerable) / Snack
D:04-04-03-03-03-03-03-02-02-02-02-X Chomp (Slash)
-Giant; Flying Movement
-Continuous Power: The Gods Return!- A force that includes this monster has one extra Action per turn; this extra Action can only be given to a monster with the Aztec class.

-CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE-

JACK HAWKINS' GHOST Spirit, Vigilante
Although hardly a pillar of virtue, the notorious buccaneer, womanizer and rogue Captain Jack Hawkins had a personal code of honour that led to him becoming the sworn enemy of the evil El Fantasma. Now that his dreaded undead nemesis has been brought back to "life" by Davey Jones, Hawkins' spirit can no longer rest... This miniature would show Jack in his Pirates of the Cursed Seas prime, cast in transparent light blue plastic and dry-brushed with white paint.
M: H-08-06-04-H-07-06-05-H-06
-X Ghost / Haunt
A: H-10-09-08-H-10-08-06-H-09-X
D: H-17-16-15-H-16-15-14-H-15-X Ectoplasmic (Martial Artist)
D: H-03-02-01-H-03-02-01-H-02-X Vengence (vs Undead)

-VICTIM TOKENS-

1. TOURIST (Female; Move: 4; a typical American sight-seer with a camera)
2. RETIREE (Male; Move: 3; an elderly man in a Hawaiian shirt and wide-brimmed straw hat)
3. SPRING BREAKER (Female; Move: d6; a drunken [hence the random Move] co-ed hoisting two beers in the air and yelling "Woo!")
4. SKINDIVER (Male; Move: 5 Swimming; a guy in a diving mask and snorkel)
5. TOUR GUIDE (Female; Move: 5; a Jamaican woman with dreadlocks, wearing a nametag)
6. BARTENDER (Male; Move: 6; a young Latino flipping a bottle in the air, Cocktail-style)
7. BIKINI MODEL (Female; Move: 4; a busty bleached blonde babe)
8. FISHERMAN (Male; Move: 5; an older, rumpled, working-class Hispanic man)
9. LOCAL (Female; Move: 5; a village woman, looking disapprovingly at all the American tourists)
10. CRYPTOZOOLOGIST (Male; Move: 6; a bespectacled monster-hunting grad-student, with a flashlight)

-PLOT TWISTS-

SLIPPERY SUNBLOCK
A Victim wriggles out of a monster's grasp.
Play this card when an opposing monster attempts to Kill a Victim. Roll a d6: on a 4+ the slaying attempt fails; move the victim d3 spaces away from the would-be slayer.

CRAZY FROM THE HEAT
The blazing tropical sun causes someone to loose it.
Play when an opposing monster attempts to Rescue a Victim. Roll a d6: on a 6 the rescuer kills the Victim instead, granting no benefits to any player; the effected monster is Deranged (at the beginning of the controlling player's turn, he must roll roll 2d6. If the result is less than 6, this monster is Insane that turn) for the remainder of the game.

DEHYDRATION
The sweltering heat weakens the brawling monsters.
Play at the start of an opposing player's turn. One of his monsters per 100 build total points has all of it's statistics reduced by 1 until the end of his turn. The effected player chooses which of his monsters receive the penalty; monsters with the Aquatic class must be chosen first.

CRASHING WAVE
A huge wave swamps the battlefield.
Play at the start of one of your turns. Select one table edge and roll 2d6: within this many squares out from the selected map edge, all Outdoor Clear terrain squares are treated as Water terrain, until the start of your next turn.

THE GOAT WITHOUT HORNS
An occultist makes a human sacrifice to gain the favor of the spirits.
Play this card when an Occultist you control kills a victim; at any time prior to the start of your next turn, you may re-roll a die roll, or force an opponent to re-roll one die roll.

Yeah, I'm pretty light on Plot Twists... I had planned to include a group of them based on individual voodoo loas, (Papa Legba, Baron Samedi, etc), but I'm still trying to figure out how that would work, so I'll have to add those at a later date. Feel free to make suggestions if you have any tropical Plot Twists in mind.

------

...And that wraps up home-made set #5! What do you think- would booster packs of this set sell, or is the concept too atypical to attract horror movie fans? With all of my previous sets, I'm pretty confidant that, if they were made, they would have broad enough appeal to sell better than Freakshow or Nightmares, but with this one I'm not so certain. Yeah, undead pirates are hot right now, and voodoo is a classic horror movie element, but still, I'm a little hesitant. I know I'd buy it, but I'm slightly biased... Next on the shadowy horizon is Eldritch, my take on a "cosmic horror"-themed set. There will be plenty of creatures drawn from H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos, but most of the monsters will be created from scratch. I'm also planning on making my first attempt at a Colossal figure- we'll see how that goes... The development will probably be pretty long and time-consuming, so look for the first installment sometime this summer (I'm guessing). I'll try to have it all posted in time for Portland's annual H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival!
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Send e-mail
godzilla
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif
Cabal(s):
EBTM Slashers
Frankensteins
Survivalists

Post Reply with quote
sound awesome

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:57 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
godzilla
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Four Year Member
Four Year Member

us.gif
Cabal(s):
EBTM Slashers
Frankensteins
Survivalists

Post Reply with quote
JUst a note Dark Reaper make an AWESOME wereshark mini. I just brought one and will be painting it soon it is the perfect mini for your wereshark and I will be making a card and using stats for the dial

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:01 pm View HorrorClixer's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Sponsor
Reply to topic    HorrorClix - I.W.F. Forum Index » The Workshop All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: