Lecturer, St Francis Theological College Canon
St John’s Cathedral, Brisbane, Australia
Nigel Leaves is based in Brisbane, Australia. He is on the staff of St Francis Theological College and Canon of St John’s Anglican Cathedral where he is responsible for adult theological education. He is Academic Associate of Charles Sturt University, teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Nigel is passionate about bridging the gap between what is taught in the Academy and preached in the churches. He is concerned that theology should be both honest and appropriate to the cultural situation in which it is situated. He is fearful that truthful “God-talk” has been sidelined from ordinary conversation and enjoins theologians to be more creative in their engagement with postodernity. Nigel is a highly regarded as a conference speaker and educator; and has lectured extensively in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
- Religion Under Attack: Getting Theology Right! (2011)
- “A Journey in Life” in When Faith Meets Reason, 2008.
- The God Problem: Alternatives to Fundamentalism, 2006
- Surfing on the Sea of Faith: the religion and ethics of Don Cupitt, 2005
- Odyssey on the Sea of Faith: the life and writings of Don Cupitt, 2004
- Ph.D., Theology, Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
- M.A (distin.), Religious Education, King’s College, London University, UK
- M.A., Theology, Keble College, Oxford University, UK
- Certificate in Education, King’s College London University, UK