This is the old VSTI Page - the new page can be found here. Or you can still use the links belowfor the older instruments.
VSTi - Spook Keys
re-create the sound of a 'Theramin' and offering control either
using a MIDI keyboard or using the mouse to drag the glowing spot
across the 'chart' for more authentic 'Theramin' style play. Spook
Keys also includes the following features:
- sine, sawtooth,
triangle and pulse waves
key in and out response
LFO for vibrato and tremolo
- pan, chorus
(detuning), stereo spread and glide controls
ping-pong, stereo delay.
|download no spring version
Free VSTi - Super Spook Keys
Designed to re-create the sound of a 'Theramin' and offering control either using a MIDI keyboard or using the mouse to drag the glowing spot across the 'chart' for more authentic 'Theramin' style play. ‘Super Spook Keys’ goes much further than the original ‘Spook Keys’ and includes the following features:
- sine, sawtooth, triangle and pulse waves, plus simple wave shaping
- variable key in and out response
- humanising ‘vary’ control
- variable LFO for vibrato and tremolo
- pan, chorus (detuning), stereo spread and glide controls
- addition of filtered noise to add a bit of grime
- adjustable frequency range on main control
- midi CC60 and CC61 for x and y on main control respectively
- spring on or off function
- new ‘gourmet’ interface design
- filtered, ping-pong, stereo delay.
VSTi - String Thing
based on 'Karplus Strong' algorithm with advanced controls and
filtering to create a more natural tone. Features include:
controls for tonal quality
Free VSTi - String Thing 2
Plucked string based on new comb filter design with advanced controls and filtering to create a more natural tone. String Thing 2 uses an impulse, Resonator and Resonant Body model similar to ‘Super String Thing’ but specifically tailored to recreating the sounds of acoustic plucked strings. Features include:
- basic ‘plucking’ control
- string damping
- various impulse filter modes
- variable bandwidth filter
- new 2D control for impulse
- full control over resonant body dimensions and resonance
- LFO for vibrato, tremolo and chorus
- modulation (MIDI CC)
- can recreate a more natural range of acoustic plucked string timbres
- shiny new interface design
reasonable CPU load.
Demo VSTi - Super String Thing
Multi-purpose physical modelling synth for producing a wide range of natural and un-natural acoustic sounds. Anything from guitars, through bowed strings, flutes and bells to atmospheric textures can be produced using the unique synth engine of Super String Thing. Features include:
- control over impulse
- control over resonator (string)
- control over resonant body
- variable bandwidth pre-filter
- various modulation controls
- various controls for tonal quality
- repeating note control
- advanced play and dynamics
- infinite range of possibilities.
It should be noted that CPU usage is quite high with this one and a minimum 1.2GHz processor is recommended. CPU spikes may be noted in some hosts - this will be the first issue addressed in any point update release.
|download Demo A
|download Demo B
Demo VSTi - Bowin
Bowin uses a mix of analogue synthesis and physical modelling to recreate the sound of bowed strings. Covering a range of instruments and playing styles Bowin offers a level of control that is not possible with sample based instruments, is easy to use and has a warm natural character that makes it ideal for a wide range of musical genres. It can recreate both solo and ensemble instruments and has a number of controls to alter the tonal quality and playing style. Features include:
- control over bows and strings
- control over body size
- various controls for playing style
- responds to mod wheel, velocity, pitchbend and aftertouch to provide play dynamics
- easy to use
- natural and expressive sound
- demo version is two note polyphonic and sound drops every 45 seconds or so
- full version available for purchase with six note polyphony and no sound dropouts.
It should be noted that CPU usage is quite high with this one and a minimum 1.2GHz processor is recommended.
VSTi - The Shepherd
has a tune in its soundtrack by Ennio Morricone featuring a haunting
and evocative whistling. This 'mini-synth' is designed solely
to re-create that sound - just add reverb. This shepherd likes
to whistle while he works. Features include:
- very little
- just enough
control over sound
- just enough
control over play.
VSTi - Clavia Lab
If you need
an electric piano but are looking for something more than the
usual Rhodes or Whurlitzer clone, then Clavia Lab is the instrument
This is a
hybrid analog/physical model using experimental techniques to
create the complex changing harmonic content of an electric piano.
amplifier and modulation sections give you plenty of control
over tone and play dynamics
control over all parameters - knobs have around 120 steps
- VU meter
indicates when tone is likely to distort (distortion is actually
very pleasant in most cases)
- 8 presets
plus room for 8 more
- lots of
potential for experimentation.
be noted that CPU usage is quite high with this one and a minimum
1.2GHz processor is recommended, although it will work (if the
playing is not too busy) on an 800MHz processor.
Free VSTi - Voc-one
Choirs can give any kind of music a lift, but sampled choirs are not versatile and many vocal synthesize concentrate so hard on trying to sing a lyric that they forget to carry a tune.
Ever wondered how Tomita created such convincing choir sounds...
Voc one is different, using a simple analogue synthesizer to simulate the glottal pulse or pulses and then using a powerful, morphable formant filter bank to give a realistic, warm and flexible vocal quality:
- full control over each stage of the vocal synthesis
- morphable formant filter with 11 recognised phonetic vowel spectra
- morphing between vowels sounds subtle and natural
- control over the register of the formant filter and the emphasis to give a much greater range of possible vocal types
- 8 presets plus room for 8 more
- built in high quality reverb (UDReverb based on freeverb - thanks to Elogoxa and David Haupt for this)
- lots of potential for experimentation.
It should be noted that CPU usage is quite high with this one and a minimum 1.2GHz processor is recommended, although it will work (if the playing is not too complex) on an 800MHz processor.
Free VSTi - Silkworm
Silkworm is an easy to use "SuperSaw" style virtual analogue synth with built in gate sequencer and delay unit, plus powerful filter, modulation and dynamic controls.
- Choose from sine, saw, ramp, triangle and pulse waveforms.
- Control over thickness of sound and over spread in stereo image.
- Band limiting filter using two 12db filters in series for a very characteristic sound.
- Ping pong delay with filter built in.
- Separate LFO for vibrato (preset with adjustable aftertouch level).
- Assignable LFO for modulating filter, bandwidth, pulse width, volume and panning.
- Mono and poly modes (mono is not only good for producing great soaring leads but also helps save CPU cycles).
- Various play/dynamic controls.
- Simple but effective sequenced gating effect that can be synced to external (host) clock.
- Very easy to program and capable of more than just trance sounds.
It should be noted that CPU usage is quite high with this one and a minimum 1.2GHz processor is recommended, although it will work (as a mono synth) on an 800MHz processor.
VSTi - Retro-gs01
good old days, when all the games were classics and sweet music
poured from a million soundchips across the land? We do.
The demo version
has only 16 presets and makes a short burst of noise around every
30 seconds. The full version includes, as a bonus, retro-gs02,
a fully featured drum synth with a sound designed to compliment
retro-gs01 perfectly. Both retro-gs01 and retro-gs02 are now available
to buy seperately.
is a retro games sound synth with all the power, control and versatility
you could ever need.Features include:
- mono or
8 note polyphonic synth
voice or dual voice unison play with cross modulation (sync,
ring mod and both)
the routing and features of the popular MOS6581 SID chip - but
with more polyphony
- 2 LFOs
with 4 different waveforms and sample and hold are routed through
to 6 different parameters for each voice
- each voice
has 2 envelopes and its own 12db filters offering low pass,
high pass, band pass and notch filter types
control over all parameters - smart controls show a percentage
of the controls range on the top and are highlighted at the
centre point for ease of use
- CPU friendly,
even in poly mode with complex presets this won't kill your
- just sounds
so damn good, you won't believe your ears.
package (both synths) £12.50