|Instructions for sending documents by post|
1. Depending on the field to be updated, send self-signed (self-attested) supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List attached in Annexure I.
Name Correction/Update - Requires submission of any one of the Proof of Identity(PoI) listed in "Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update"
2. In case a child is below five years, parent/guardian can sign the copies of documents. In all other cases, the resident must sign the copies of documents themselves
3. Once you complete your request, you will receive a Update Request Number (URN). Mention your Update Request Number (URN) and Aadhaar Number on all copies of documents. Mention Type of Document (PoI/PoA/DoB) on the copy of the document
4. Mention the Update Request Number (URN) on the envelope. Mark the envelope as " Aadhaar Update/Correction " on top. Seal the envelope properly.
5. Note necessary details on this page and then complete the request. Take a print of the Acknowledgement after completing the request on-line
6. Send the Acknowledgement along with the supporting documents to one of the addresses given in Annexure II
|List of Valid Documents for Data Update|
|Address for sending Update/Correction requests|