What a big day in the Duggar house! 19 Kids and Counting star Josiah, 18, reveals he 'officially' began courting a girl on the same day that his sister Jill gave birth

• Josiah met Marjorie Jackson, 17, a few years ago when he was taking Spanish lessons at her house
  • Per the Duggar family's rules of courtship, their dates will be chaperoned while they get to know each other in preparation for a potential marriage 

Another 19 Kids and Counting star is one step closer to saying 'I do'. 

Josiah Duggar, 18, has revealed that he has entered into a courtship with 17-year-old Marjorie Jackson, who he met while the pair were taking Spanish lessons together. And just like several of his siblings before him, as the two embark on the path towards a potential marriage, Josiah and his new love interest will have to follow his family’s incredibly strict courting rules, which require the couple to go on chaperoned dates, with ‘side hugs’ the only permitted form of physical contact.

'I met Marjorie a few years ago, when I was taking Spanish lessons at her house and I was very impressed with the way she was with her siblings and her love for the Lord,' Josiah told People

Scroll down the video  

Future wedding bells? Josiah Duggar, pictured, is the latest 19 Kids and Counting star to announce that he has entered a courtship 

Future wedding bells? Josiah Duggar, pictured, is the latest 19 Kids and Counting star to announce that he has entered a courtship 

Another Duggar is courting! Congrats to my bro Si and his girlfriend Marjorie! 😍😍 @SiDuggar

A photo posted by Jessa Seewald (@jessaseewald) on

The teens' courtship officially began on April 6 - the same day his 23-year-old older sister Jill gave birth to her son Israel David, her first child with her 26-year-old husband Derick Dillard. 

Per the Duggar family's rules of courtship, hand-holding is forbidden until they are engaged and they must also save their first kiss for their wedding day.

While Josiah has known Marjorie for a number of years, he explained that he first started thinking about her in a romantic way when they both went on a mission trip to El Salvador in December.

'She really caught my eye,’ he said. 'That is really where I noticed her.'

Josiah, who works at his father Jim Bob's construction company, noted that their courtship has been 'going very well'.

And Marjorie also hails from a big family. The teen, who was born to Greg and Analucia Jackson, is one of five girls. 

Special day: The 18-year-old, who can be see with his parents Michelle and Jim Bob, revealed that he officially started courting 17-year-old Marjorie Jackson on April 6 - the same day his sister Jill gave birth 

Special day: The 18-year-old, who can be see with his parents Michelle and Jim Bob, revealed that he officially started courting 17-year-old Marjorie Jackson on April 6 - the same day his sister Jill gave birth 

Love story: Josiah met Marjorie a few years ago when he was talking special classes at her house 

Love story: Josiah met Marjorie a few years ago when he was talking special classes at her house 

She admitted to 'liking' Josiah since she met him in Spanish class a few years ago.

'For me it was an immediate thing,' she told People. 'I have always admired him and his family.'

Interestingly, when the Duggars recently weighed in on who would be the next family member walk down the aisle, the 18-year-old was not mentioned. 

Josiah and Marjorie's budding relationship will likely be chronicled on his family's reality series, just like his sisters Jill and Jessa were filmed getting to know their now husbands.

The news of Josiah's courtship with Marjorie is just one of the Duggar family's major announcements in the past year.

Jessa, 22, and her husband Ben Seewald, 19, revealed that they were engaged in August with the two saying 'I do' in November. 

Big day: Derick Dillard and Jill Duggar welcomed their son Israel David into the world on April 6 - the same day Josiah officially started courting Marjorie 

Big day: Derick Dillard and Jill Duggar welcomed their son Israel David into the world on April 6 - the same day Josiah officially started courting Marjorie 

Unexpected changes: This snapshot of Derick in scrubs led to speculation that his wife had to have a cesarean sections 

Unexpected changes: This snapshot of Derick in scrubs led to speculation that his wife had to have a cesarean sections 

Meanwhile, Jill and Derrick announced in August that they were expecting their first child - just two months after they walked down the aisle.

Their son Israel was born weighing 9lbs10 two weeks past his due date on April 6.

Last week, a snapshot of Derick wearing scrubs shortly after the birth sparked speculation that Jill, who is a trainee midwife, may have undergone a cesarean section.

While the family admitted that 'not everything went as expected', fans will have to wait until May 5 to watch the momentous occasion on the TLC reality show.

Yesterday, Derick posed next to his wife for an adorable post-baby photo he shared his Instagram account.

'As Jill and I are settling in back at home after the birth of our firstborn, we wanted to thank everyone for the amazing support we've received from so many during this time,' he wrote. 

Special thanks: Derick and Jill posed for this adorable snapshot post-baby to show their gratitude for their family and fans 

Special thanks: Derick and Jill posed for this adorable snapshot post-baby to show their gratitude for their family and fans 

The comments below have been moderated in advance.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Who is this week's top commenter? Find out now